Disney Wonder Servers :)

CrusingFamily4

Mouseketeer
Our cruise is fast approaching! :cool1:

On our first cruise our servers were not the best.

This cruise my sister and brother-in-law will be joining us with their girls for the first time and I'd love to have a great server. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

Our cruise is fast approaching! :cool1:

On our first cruise our servers were not the best.

This cruise my sister and brother-in-law will be joining us with their girls for the first time and I'd love to have a great server. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

We've sailed 3 times on the Wonder (as well as 3 times on the Magic) and we've never requested specific servers. We've never had a bad one. I'm not saying there aren't less than stellar ones, just that we've not encountered any yet.

Raka Arnawa is a great one. We request him every time we are on the Wonder.

We had the best servers ever on our last cruise on the Wonder. They were absolutely outstanding! Michael Peniro and Steph Powell were one of the highlights of our cruise. To be honest, I always thought those people who had pictures made with their servers were ridiculous, and then we became those people...

We had Boniface in December and he was great. He gave us extra items and off menu choices

We had Putra as our server & Gerda as our assistant server. They were great. Putra did magic tricks & origami & riddles with the kids (&the adults ;)) And Gerda helped us solve them when Putra wasn't looking. ;)

Sayid from Istanbul, Turkey is wonderful!

We always request either Bonieface from India, Jorge from Columbia or Salomie from Jamaica. All are great but Salomie has told me she'll be in the head server position after the Panama cruise next month!

We just came off the Wonder the first of April and had Rolly & Andrew. They were incredible and we all cried (a little) when we disembarked. We also talked to Salomie for a long time at breakfast one morning and she is fantastic.

We just love Jenny from Peru! She is so sweet and her origami animals are in my scrapbook!! The kids adore her too! Aloha, Karen:cloud9:

We just came off the Wonder the first of April and had Rolly & Andrew. They were incredible and we all cried (a little) when we disembarked. We also talked to Salomie for a long time at breakfast one morning and she is fantastic.

We just had Rolly & Andrew on our cruise last week. We loved them also!

We also got to catch up with our server from our Alaska cruise last summer, Shane -- he was great too. (In fact, we requested him as a server, but didn't get him -- I don't know if it's just hard for them to fulfill server requests or if there was a glitch).

Also must give a shout-out to Patricia, who is a server/bartender in the Cove Cafe. We enjoyed talking with her as well.

We had the best servers ever on our last cruise on the Wonder. They were absolutely outstanding! Michael Peniro and Steph Powell were one of the highlights of our cruise. To be honest, I always thought those people who had pictures made with their servers were ridiculous, and then we became those people...

:thumbsup2 Likewise. Now Ozzy is my FB friend. :blush:

We had Ozzy (Ozen) from Turkey as our main server and Arjay from the Philippines was the assistant server. They were both very sweet. Once you ordered a drink, it was waiting nightly. I had to ask for honey once with my tea and bam it was always there. Such great service. Arjay was going home to see his family for 3 months after our cruise.

We just had Rolly & Andrew on our cruise last week. We loved them also!

Any idea of their last names or home country? I will request them for my July Alaska cruise...

Any idea of their last names or home country? I will request them for my July Alaska cruise...

Regarding making server requests - it's best to request a server OR an asst server. It's quite likely that they may not be working together (vacations, end of contract, asst being promoted, for example). And, if you make a two-part request that can't both be granted, DCL won't know which is more important to you and you are likely to get neither.

Regarding making server requests - it's best to request a server OR an asst server. It's quite likely that they may not be working together (vacations, end of contract, asst being promoted, for example). And, if you make a two-part request that can't both be granted, DCL won't know which is more important to you and you are likely to get neither.

I always leave an order of preference, there is no way for them to be confused. I say "I would like to make a request in this order of preference

1. Micky Mouse, assistant server, from Pakistan
2. Pluto, head server, from North Korea
3. Minnie Mouse, from Fresno, as server

I know the head server gets the full message, because on my last cruise, he came up to me (joking of course) and said "Oh, so you request me last?" as I had listed him as my last preference. We all had a good laugh, and he told us he has put us with one of his all star crews.

I also really hate the "dont stress, every server is great!" posts, because that is really not true. Most are great, some area not.

Keep the posts coming, I need names for my preferences list of 1. through 50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter