Disney Wonder September 3, 2012. Seattle to Vancouver 7 night Alaska Cruise!

My wife and I had originally planned to go to the Angels/Mariners game, but Jet Blue changed our flight from departing Long Beach at 7:05 to departing at 10:30. No the time just doesn't work for a 1pm game, considering we'd need to check into our hotel first, then get to the ballpark. Being an Angels fan, I was looking forward to wearing my Angels jersey in another team's ballpark, as I'm sure I'd be safer doing it there than I would be doing it at Dodger stadium.

We are still hoping to get to see the EMP but more than likely we will just make it to Pike's Market on Sunday. We are also kicking around the idea of the underground tour.

Is anybody interested in doing a Mariners pre-cruise meet? It would be easy to sit in the same section. Tickets start at $15.00 for the outfield. We could also meet at Pyramid Brewery. It is across the street from Safeco and children are welcome.

Sounds good to me. Since we haven't got the tickets yet, and apparently there are a lot available, we could organize something. And I'm sure my husband would love to hit the brewery. He does have 2 friends that are planning to come to the game with us as well. One thing is I have a lot of back pain and have to sit in seats with backs. Here, at Coors Field, there are Outfield Pavilion seats that are bleachers without backs. Are the outfield seats at Safeco real seats?

Pinocchio - the underground tour is really neat! It's been probably 13 years since we've done it, but I imagine it's the same. We fly in late on Saturday on Southwest. I've been hoping one of the earlier flights would be on sale so I can switch them, but so far no luck. And it's frustrating because the other airlines now have better times for a good price. Maybe in the next week or so they'll lower prices again. Can you guys switch your Jet Blue flight to the previous day? Maybe since they messed with the times, they'd let you?

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I'm pretty sure the last time I posted was way back on page 1, lol, but I've been following the thread quite a bit. Wanted to re-introduce myself and say how much we're looking forward to Labor Day!

My name is Cara and I'll be traveling with my best friend Laura, we're both 31 and cannot wait to get onboard. We're traveling from Pittsburgh (Go Pens!) on the 2nd and staying at the Sheraton. I have a friend who moved to Seattle a few months ago so we're excited to be seeing him and spending some time seeing the city. We're doing the Whitepass Railroad/Yukon through Chilkoot in Skagway, doing things on our own in Juneau, and the Bear Expedition through Disney in Ketchikan. Between those excursions and being on deck 7 I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of DIS'ers!

We'll definitely try to make the DIS Meet and say hi to everyone in person!

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I'm pretty sure the last time I posted was way back on page 1, lol, but I've been following the thread quite a bit. Wanted to re-introduce myself and say how much we're looking forward to Labor Day!

My name is Cara and I'll be traveling with my best friend Laura, we're both 31 and cannot wait to get onboard. We're traveling from Pittsburgh (Go Pens!) on the 2nd and staying at the Sheraton. I have a friend who moved to Seattle a few months ago so we're excited to be seeing him and spending some time seeing the city. We're doing the Whitepass Railroad/Yukon through Chilkoot in Skagway, doing things on our own in Juneau, and the Bear Expedition through Disney in Ketchikan. Between those excursions and being on deck 7 I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of DIS'ers!

We'll definitely try to make the DIS Meet and say hi to everyone in person!

What flight are you on? My family is leaving out of HIA on the second. :wave2:

I gotta have those new "Glow With the Show" Mickey ears!... they are so cool!

If anyone is going to CA Adventure, pls pick up 4 for me! :goodvibes(Seriously :)).

One of the best things about these ears are that if someone close to you has the ears also, that are supposed to sync and glow together! I love that.

Does anyone know how early the porters are available at the pier to take our luggage in Seattle? We're thinking of visiting the Space Needle before checking in at the terminal, but we have to turn in our rental car at the downtown Hilton at 9:30 (our hotel is in Bellevue near friends). Would it be possible to drop off our suitcases at the pier around 9:30, turn in the car, visit the Needle, then come back and check in for real?

Does anyone know how early the porters are available at the pier to take our luggage in Seattle?

They are there from when they dock and start unloading. I think that 9:30 will be close to when they will still be unloading the last peoples bags. I don't know how Disney does it, but the last cruise I went on they left most of the bags in a pile at the bottom until they got around to taking them up, which would mean they would stay down on the ground for anyone most of the time anyways. But they do prob have people watching over them all the time.

Don't know. lol.

Cinderelley said:

We're leaving from PIT around 9:30 I think. We booked air through Disney about a year ago and got a great price and pretty good flights too!

Good morning everyone!

I know we have a fairly small number of kids, but I am wondering if families have pre-registered for the kid programs? (we did online, it was easy) I did see a question or two early on and just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the somewhat recent changes to the kids program. Unlike in the past, children 3-10 are allowed to go freely between the club and the lab. They are no longer separated by age, so siblings should have no concerns if they want to stay together. Also, there is specific programming for tweens ages 11-13 and teens ages 14-17. (in the past it was 8-14 I believe) There are also "open house" hours each day where parents may come and play with their children in one designated area during certain hours, allowing children to participate that might not otherwise be able to participate alone. (younger children are welcome in the club/lab at this time as well) Adults are no longer able to be in the clubs with their children except during these open house hours.

My daughter Macy is 10 and hoping to meet some new friends in the kids program. I am told the best way to do this is to attend the orientation on the first day. (so this is my attempt to encourage you to attend with us!!! LOL)

I hope everyone has a great day... can't wait to meet everyone!!

Lesa (and Greg and Macy too)

We fly into Seattle and arrive about 6pm. Maybe we'll cross paths before boarding at some point?

Omigosh!! I keep checking the DCL website to see if our GTY status has changed to show a room assignment. The anticipation is killing me!!

Cinderelley said:
We fly into Seattle and arrive about 6pm. Maybe we'll cross paths before boarding at some point?

Omigosh!! I keep checking the DCL website to see if our GTY status has changed to show a room assignment. The anticipation is killing me!!

Ack! What category did you book GTY!? I can't believe they haven't assigned you yet!

Ack! What category did you book GTY!? I can't believe they haven't assigned you yet!

11. They're still selling GTY on the website for that category. Should I be worried? Our cruise documents only have GTY listed. I've heard of folks not getting their room number until they board. :scared1: Perhaps we have a shot of an upgrade? :confused3 But that wouldn't make sense that they are still selling the GTY.

11. They're still selling GTY on the website for that category. Should I be worried? Our cruise documents only have GTY listed. I've heard of folks not getting their room number until they board. :scared1: Perhaps we have a shot of an upgrade? :confused3 But that wouldn't make sense that they are still selling the GTY.

I have 3 GTY rooms I am still waiting for assignment for too.:confused3 I guess the later it is assigned, the better the chance of an upgrade pixiedust:

I did a 7a (navigator verandah) GTY, and was assigned a few weeks ago to a 5a. When we were assigned, I believe they stopped selling the 7a's, but now, surprisingly, they are still selling 7a as GTY again, even though we were assigned and upgraded! So I can't tell how they figure this thing out! Haha! Hope you get it soon!

I did a 7a (navigator verandah) GTY, and was assigned a few weeks ago to a 5a. When we were assigned, I believe they stopped selling the 7a's, but now, surprisingly, they are still selling 7a as GTY again, even though we were assigned and upgraded! So I can't tell how they figure this thing out! Haha! Hope you get it soon!

Congrats! pixiedust: You've been pixiedusted!! I'm just hoping they assign us soon because not knowing when we'll hear word is unsettling. It feels as if they had a glitch in their system and booked all the rooms and now we'll have to sleep in the hallways. :sad: :rotfl: I know that is highly unlikely but I like to be prepared as possible.

We also booked GTY in hopes of an upgrade. Currently there are 19 different room categories available on this cruise. That tells me there is a lot of empty rooms still

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter