Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol I think this is a sarcastic, rhetorical question...but I'll answer it anyways.:cutie: At MGM by the backlot tooouuur!:goodvibes Ron Stoppable asked me out on a date to the Bueno Nacho.:angel: :rolleyes:

Oh yea? Well when we had Dinner with Cinderella for Teia's 6th Birthday(Last may), I kicked prince "charming" out of his spot. Captain Logan is now the man in town!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh yea? Well when we had Dinner with Cinderella for Teia's 6th Birthday(Last may), I kicked prince "charming" out of his spot. Captain Logan is now the man in town!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ahaha that totally reminds me! We were in the Orlando airport after the cruise and I went into the Disney Earport store and I bought something...and the guy at the cashier's counter asked me if I won the princess of the year award.:rotfl: And then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to sign up for the Disney college program and that I would be standing out front of the castle and my nickname would be Cindy...and there'd be a little guy running after me named Prince Charming!:lmao: It gave me a good laugh.:rotfl:

Ahaha that totally reminds me! We were in the Orlando airport after the cruise and I went into the Disney Earport store and I bought something...and the guy at the cashier's counter asked me if I won the princess of the year award.:rotfl: And then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to sign up for the Disney college program and that I would be standing out front of the castle and my nickname would be Cindy...and there'd be a little guy running after me named Prince Charming!:lmao: It gave me a good laugh.:rotfl:

Hahahaha thats great,

Well, ill be back, gotta go pack:thumbsup2

They need to hurry up and decide on what is going on. I'm trying to map out some possible college transfers here and they're screwing with my program. Haha.

Random question to those professionals out there..
I've been with Chase 4 months. I passed my intro period, I passed all my corporate stuff and I've had NO problems (overages/shortages over $10)... but I'm getting really frustrated.
I was scheduled 43 hours the week I came back from vacation. Thats fine. Except now the next two weeks I've got 22 one week and 21 the other.
It wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that I'm a student too. If I work 20 hours, I can do college full-time or even get a second job. Whichever I chose. Except I'm learning I can't count on that. I had to drop three classes last semester because hours kept me from class or I was just exhausted.. and I don't want to take only 6 credit hours and then have them work me 20 hours because then I'm making only enough money to cover bills and falling even further behind on working towards my degree.

Except anytime I mention it I get "Thats the way it is."
Is it totally unfair for me to ask them to keep me in a certain hour range? If it's 20-25, fine. If it's 20-30. Fine. I can even deal with that. Because I'd expect it. It's getting the schedule on Friday (when it goes into effect on Monday) and finding out that I can't do anything I had planned for the week. I had to have a mammogram today and I told her it HAS to be done before the surgery and she scheduled me to get off a half hour after my appointment. I had to call and reschedule.

Am I wrong to be frustrated and irritated? I've never really had a job like this (As at BK I went where I wanted, when I wanted and they couldnt really say much about it..) but I tend to think this isn't a 'fair' working environment..

You people are like my life guidance buddies .. sorry?.. lol

I have never had this kind of situation.

I worked one summer as a cashier in a grocery store so my hours were nutty, but I was not taking classes at the same time so all it impacted was whether I could go to the lake to swim or not.

My guess is that you are the new guy in the office so others specify their work preferences and you get stuck with the rest of the hours. If they hire someone else, then you will get more preferences as far as hours are concerned. If that is the case, then it is sort of a rite of passage--hang in there and it will get better kind of thing.

The scheduler is not sympathetic to your class schedule?
Is there someone over the scheduler you could talk to, or would that be like shooting yourself in the foot?

Sorry I am no help
Jan :earsgirl:

Finally got rid of Logan. (JUST KIDDING LOG... :lmao: )

This IS the best thread on the DIS! It feels like home! You don't have to be scared to post your opinion here. :grouphug:

No, I'm not the last one to be hired. There is someone.. two months behind me, I believe? I don't remember exactly. It's not even left-over hours, hours always do this because the scheduler is on crack. :rotfl2:
It came out yesterday that the other tellers were frustrated and the scheduler was off so they went to the manager manager. There was supposed to be a meeting today. We'll see. :scared1:

So how many people are going to be camped out on the 31st watching for rates? :wizard:

No, I'm not the last one to be hired. There is someone.. two months behind me, I believe? I don't remember exactly. It's not even left-over hours, hours always do this because the scheduler is on crack. :rotfl2:
It came out yesterday that the other tellers were frustrated and the scheduler was off so they went to the manager manager. There was supposed to be a meeting today. We'll see. :scared1:

So how many people are going to be camped out on the 31st watching for rates? :wizard:

Entering my HR two cents here:

Talk to the scheduler again. explain you're in college and would prefer to know how many hours per week you're working and would they be willing to commit to strictly number per hours. You're fine with whatever number they choose but could they narrow it down.

Give them two scheduling periods to work it out. If they won't commit, you have fairly given them plenty of opportunity to address your issue. Take it to the next level up. Explain to that person your request and reason why. Then tell them about the two conversations you had and that you gave them a couple of weeks to work it out each time. It shows you can follow the chain of command and are understanding of the scheduling issues and that you were willing to give them an opportunity to look at all the options.

In this day and age, I'm surprise that you work for a major corporation like Chase and they are not doing everything to support you finishing your degree. If the next level up doesn't work, go see HR. Maybe they will have a suggestion for you.

we can go any week in June. Jared gets out of school the Thursday before Memorial Day every year. Plus my b-day is in June!

Looking forward to the itineraries:confused:

Here's the latest:

It may be bad news for some...

In speaking with a number of ports, most are unaware of any change to the Wonder's sailing schedule for 2008. Nassau said they are expecting the Wonder two times per week in the period where the Magic will be gone.

We do not see any place where the Wonder will be taking the spot normally held for the Magic in 2008.

We have talked to a number of ports that the Wonder went sailed to on the recent 10 and 11 night Southern Caribbean. Each place expressed that they have talked with Disney about something in the future, but most agreed that it is still "talk" and nothing has been laid out for summer of 2008.

Maybe we will all be surprised, but so far nobody that we have talked to seems to have a smoking gun...

Lisa for keeping me in the loop. I will be on the lookout next Wednesday for the info. I hope the date relayed is right!

howdy gang... i totally agree that this is the best thread! it is definitely home...

lisa... where did you get that jack sparrow pic!?

Holly I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. I especially llike Heidi's sign. Now as a mom of three girls that's some sisterly LOVE. 'Faster Holly!!:lmao: Geez it's only 26 miles:rotfl2: "

Originally Posted by Piecey
They need to hurry up and decide on what is going on. I'm trying to map out some possible college transfers here and they're screwing with my program. Haha.

Random question to those professionals out there..
I've been with Chase 4 months. I passed my intro period, I passed all my corporate stuff and I've had NO problems (overages/shortages over $10)... but I'm getting really frustrated.
I was scheduled 43 hours the week I came back from vacation. Thats fine. Except now the next two weeks I've got 22 one week and 21 the other.
It wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that I'm a student too. If I work 20 hours, I can do college full-time or even get a second job. Whichever I chose. Except I'm learning I can't count on that. I had to drop three classes last semester because hours kept me from class or I was just exhausted.. and I don't want to take only 6 credit hours and then have them work me 20 hours because then I'm making only enough money to cover bills and falling even further behind on working towards my degree.

Except anytime I mention it I get "Thats the way it is."
Is it totally unfair for me to ask them to keep me in a certain hour range? If it's 20-25, fine. If it's 20-30. Fine. I can even deal with that. Because I'd expect it. It's getting the schedule on Friday (when it goes into effect on Monday) and finding out that I can't do anything I had planned for the week. I had to have a mammogram today and I told her it HAS to be done before the surgery and she scheduled me to get off a half hour after my appointment. I had to call and reschedule.

Am I wrong to be frustrated and irritated? I've never really had a job like this (As at BK I went where I wanted, when I wanted and they couldnt really say much about it..) but I tend to think this isn't a 'fair' working environment..

You people are like my life guidance buddies .. sorry?.. lol

I don't know how I missed this post. Patsy, I would talk with your manager about the hours you agreed to work written on your application. Them giving you extra hours here and there is o.k., but if they pile them on you consequtively of course its going to be difficult for you to work there. The , "that's the way it is" doesn't fly with me. When you were hired, your application was a bond/agreement (going out on a limb on that one). So, the shortage of hours (ON THEIR PART) is their problem. Yes, any employer can try and make it difficult for you, but if you stick to your guns they should realize you are serious and you can't be snowed over.
There's my 2 cents. WEll, more like a dollar. :laughing:

howdy gang... i totally agree that this is the best thread! it is definitely home...

lisa... where did you get that jack sparrow pic!?

O.k., looked down at your upcoming and saw:
upcoming: 2007: (10/21-10/25) dvc member cruise (wonder); 2007: (10/25-10/28) disney world; 2008: (1/13) marathon; 2008: (may) sister's wedding

Who's getting married!? :love:

Holly I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. I especially llike Heidi's sign. Now as a mom of three girls that's some sisterly LOVE. 'Faster Holly!!:lmao: Geez it's only 26 miles:rotfl2: "

haha yeah the sign was great. i laughed. my parent's sign was good too. not funny but nice:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter