Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

As for the documents. I thought Michael had made some on his site. I would think we would want to be careful not to duplicate it so we do not confuse folks. I am not certain if there is a link to and from FB to Michaels' site, we might want to consider that. We still have fe and candy swap and post card swap to add. Not sure what a "PYAMA Breakfast" is.

Just my two cents. I'm pretty flexiable and am willing to help out where I can.

That's cause it changed to - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/Oct14_List.htm to incorporate more than just the FE.

The Pajama breakfast is to come for breakfast in pajama on a morning at a seaday. See below the instruction of the WBTA2011
There is no cost involved for the breakfast, and there are no set times for breakfasts on DCL, so your evening dining rotation does not affect participation in this event at all. We will be meeting outside Lumieres at approx 8:50 a.m. for a group photo prior to the breakfast.

I was not at that breakfast, but it is the same as the lunch. We had to organize it on board with the restaurant I think.

And no I don't want to duplicate Michaels list. But on this list is already FE/Candy/Postcard/Scrap and shirts/lanyards and dining.
For the other activities we can ask Michael to add these also on the list, but then it will a long list and all the work is for him. So I thougt we begin on Facebook with the rest and found the people who wants to organize things and at the end we make a document with all in it.
The link is on Facebook too.
It would be easier if we can do it on this thread on the first posts of it, but I don't know how. We had to start to make a list of the other activities, or we end with nothing. Everybody had to see what is going on/what is organized.
Michael (ppartekim) what do you think?

So excited to see more people posting!

I remember on the WBTA 2010 that we had the Champagne Girls in a large starteroom and there were too many people in there. I couldn't stay it was too cramped. Maybe we could try for an area like an lounge that wasn't being used for an activity.

We are in for everything! I just can't wait to go. Now that this semester is over and I am not taking classes this summer, I should have more time to Dis. I still have a full time job though....

Have a great weekend everyone! Off to my great nephews 1st birthday party.

Not too late at all. Just have a look at The List link the post above yours and send then PM (or post) me your info..

Mike, Please count us in as well for the FE list! Thanks!

DH -Justen (no1mousefan)
DW - Susan

Cabin = GTY

We would like to do the FE, shirts, and lanyards, if it is not too late. This is our first cruise and we are really excited!

DIS name - The7ofUs

Adults - Lance (44)
Jennifer (39)

Kids - Nathan (18)
Mercy (17)
Grant (15)
Craig (14)
Michael (11 when we set sail and 12 when we return!)

Cabins - 7505 & 7507

We would like to do the FE, shirts, and lanyards, if it is not too late. This is our first cruise and we are really excited!

DIS name - The7ofUs

Adults - Lance (44)
Jennifer (39)

Kids - Nathan (18)
Mercy (17)
Grant (15)
Craig (14)
Michael (11 when we set sail and 12 when we return!)

Cabins - 7505 & 7507

Welome, you are added. Wow, a big family.

Would anyone be interested in thinking about joining up in the dinning room(s)? There is me ( Linda, 55) and DH (Mark, 58). This is our 4th cruise. We've never cruised with anyone but Disney. We have been assigned first seating, something that we've :upsidedownever done before. We thought it might give us more time in the evenings. :banana:

Would anyone be interested in thinking about joining up in the dinning room(s)? There is me ( Linda, 55) and DH (Mark, 58). This is our 4th cruise. We've never cruised with anyone but Disney. We have been assigned first seating, something that we've :upsidedownever done before. We thought it might give us more time in the evenings. :banana:
I do not think you will be sorry with first seating. We do it all the time. I felt like we had time for do everything. We did late seating in January and never made a show. I admit it could be a personal issue and poor time management on our part.

The Pajama breakfast is to come for breakfast in pajama on a morning at a seaday. See below the instruction of the WBTA2011
There is no cost involved for the breakfast, and there are no set times for breakfasts on DCL, so your evening dining rotation does not affect participation in this event at all. We will be meeting outside Lumieres at approx 8:50 a.m. for a group photo prior to the breakfast.

I was not at that breakfast, but it is the same as the lunch. We had to organize it on board with the restaurant I think.

AHH I am very familiar with the pajama breakfast. Sorry I did not get that the first time.

I do not think you will be sorry with first seating. We do it all the time. I felt like we had time for do everything. We did late seating in January and never made a show. I admit it could be a personal issue and poor time management on our part.

We've always done Late seating and the only problem we have is getting to the Adult Cabaret Shows that start at 10:30 since we are usually just finishing dinner around then. Course that could be cause we treat dinner as one big food tasting every night. That typically means ordering one of everything (including desert). :good vibes

Hi,

Sorry - can't send pm's yet. Must post more instead of just reading!

We would like to join the FE & lanyard list. What colour was decided for the shirts?

We've been to Hawaii a couple times but just took our first cruise on the Dream in March!

We have 7 children but are bringing only the 3 youngest as the cruise is during the school year. Our older ones are going with us next summer.

Room#1
Ingrid (40) aloha09
Art (47) goofyart
Thea (9)
Norah (7)

Room#2
Gerald (my dad)
Trudi (my mom)
Leila (3) - our youngest

Both rooms GTY, we are all early dining.

Thank you!
Ingrid

Great news! Looks like the April 29th group got a lot more port time. I hope we get the same schedule. :banana:

Hi,

We would like to join the FE & lanyard list. What colour was decided for the shirts?

We've been to Hawaii a couple times but just took our first cruise on the Dream in March!

We have 7 children but are bringing only the 3 youngest as the cruise is during the school year. Our older ones are going with us next summer.

Room#1
Ingrid (40) aloha09
Art (47) goofyart
Thea (9)
Norah (7)

Room#2
Gerald (my dad)
Trudi (my mom)
Leila (3) - our youngest

Thank you!
Ingrid

Added... :thumbsup2

We would like to join the FE list if it's not too late. It'll be my husband, my daughter (7) and I cruising.

We are so excited about this cruise.

Where can I get info on the postcards, scrap, lanyard and shirts? We've done the FE before, but nothing more.

Thanks.

Hi,

Room#1
Ingrid (40) aloha09
Art (47) goofyart
Thea (9)
Norah (7)

Room#2
Gerald (my dad)
Trudi (my mom)
Leila (3) - our youngest

Thank you!
Ingrid

Welcome.

We've always done Late seating and the only problem we have is getting to the Adult Cabaret Shows that start at 10:30 since we are usually just finishing dinner around then. Course that could be cause we treat dinner as one big food tasting every night. That typically means ordering one of everything (including desert). :good vibes

I told you it was probably personal:lmao:

Hi All,

I am seeking help with someone who knows how to draw better than me. The shirt design is 99% complete. With only one problem.

The design for our shirt is the same as the April version with minor changes (Border text and order of the ports). We got a sample of the April fabric and it pointed out the limitations of their printing process. That limitation is that photos come out very badly. Their print process is basically a 4 color process which handles standard pictures (drawing, solid colors) perfectly but dithering, and blending (basically all photos) come out badly. I took pictures of the problem areas and have them posted on my website - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/shirt_pics/

What I am looking for is someone who is good at drawing and have the tools to turn each of the photos into a simple graphic version in .eps format (encapsulated postscript). After trying myself and (googling for alternatives) I am not graphically enough inclined, know my programs well enough to do quickly or have time to learn before our cruise.

I would like to keep the same theme of pictures - one ship, one mickey sunset and a third that would be another Disney beach picture (deck sunset/sunrise, beach sunset/sunrise, beach scene etc).

The required pictures need to be character free due to licensing. Basic Mickey heads are allowed tho. Any copyrights on created pictures must allow commercial use (since we are making shirts that are sold). It is this last requirement that messes up using something I find on google.

Trying to keep costs down by crowdsourcing this group for the pics vs paying the shirt company's artist more for his time which in turn rises our shirts prices.

Please PM me, if interested (or know someone who might help). Pictures are needed by the middle of June (sorry for the rush). I will post this on FB as well.

Hi All,

I have posted on our FB page http://www.facebook.com/groups/AlohaMickey/ the following poll.

Here are the color options (Black, Green, Blue), http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/shirt_colors.pdf (final layout, photo pics may change). To order the shirts there needs to be at least 50 shirts per color and 10 per size. Shirts are ~$42/ea. for 100 shirts. For orders over 100, and the price falls to ~$30/ea. (prices are on my desk at work, hence the guesses). First Shirt Poll Question - Do we order only ONE color or keep all three available?

• KEEP ALL THREE AVAILABLE (subject to min 50 shirts each color ~$42/ea)
  • Green (over 100 - ~$30/ea)
  • Only Black (over 100 - ~$30/ea)
  • Only Blue (over 100 - ~$30/ea)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter