Disney Wonder - October 14, 2012 - Hawaii

Hi everyone! I booked this cruise for my husband and myself on the first day. We weren't sure the DH could get off work for two weeks but he was just given the green light so now I can get excited! We just got off the Magic on Wednesday and can't wait to board the Wonder in LA in October. I looked at all of the excursions last night and there are so many to choose from. It will be difficult narrowing them all down. Can't wait to read all of the trip reports from those doing the first Hawaiian cruise. Hoping to learn from them to prepare for our turn! We have never done the fish extender before so are considering it for this trip. I will let you know.

Laura

Just noticed there is a fb page for this cruise. I would like to be added pretty please? I need help planning! Laura Claffey

Thanks!

Just read that the ship is coming to San Diego 4 times this year. Gave our phone # to several of the crew members when we sailed in January of this year on the Wonder. Hope they call. Told them we'd take them around San Diego.Maybe I'll just go down there and hang out.LOL

Hi everyone! I booked this cruise for my husband and myself on the first day. We weren't sure the DH could get off work for two weeks but he was just given the green light so now I can get excited! We just got off the Magic on Wednesday and can't wait to board the Wonder in LA in October. I looked at all of the excursions last night and there are so many to choose from. It will be difficult narrowing them all down. Can't wait to read all of the trip reports from those doing the first Hawaiian cruise. Hoping to learn from them to prepare for our turn! We have never done the fish extender before so are considering it for this trip. I will let you know.

Laura

Hi Laura,

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing where you were able to look at all of the excursions? I scoured the web and was only able to find the below. A nice start, but no descriptions! Thanks for any info you might be willing to share! Justen (no1mousefan)

http://toadstravels.com/2011/12/01/disney-cruise-line-hawaii-cruise-shore-excursions-released/

Hi Laura,

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing where you were able to look at all of the excursions? I scoured the web and was only able to find the below. A nice start, but no descriptions! Thanks for any info you might be willing to share! Justen (no1mousefan)

http://toadstravels.com/2011/12/01/disney-cruise-line-hawaii-cruise-shore-excursions-released/

I went onto the DCL website and searched Hawaiin ports. They have a very long list in the 4 ports and some are adults only. I know you can book with outside companies, but I like using DCL because if the weather is bad or something happens and you miss a port you don't pay for the excursion. That isn't always the case with outside companies. Plus you can use your shipboard credit (we have $650 for this cruise!) so less money out of my pocket. :woohoo:

Laura

We live 20 minutes away from the port in LA so we went and took our 4 year old to see the boat. :wave2: It is not as big as the Princess boats we took in the past to Hawaii but who the heck cares !! 30 ft seas bring them on. (YES we did have 30ft seas in the middle of the Pacific) Anyone else go check out the crowd/boat today?

I went onto the DCL website and searched Hawaiin ports. They have a very long list in the 4 ports and some are adults only. I know you can book with outside companies, but I like using DCL because if the weather is bad or something happens and you miss a port you don't pay for the excursion. That isn't always the case with outside companies. Plus you can use your shipboard credit (we have $650 for this cruise!) so less money out of my pocket. :woohoo:

Laura

Thanks Laura!!! I've only spent countless hours on the DCL website over the years and never noticed that section before! Guess I was looking too hard! :) $650.00 credit???? That's awesome...enjoy! And I thought I hit the jackpot with our $525.00! Sure is easy to spend isn't it?? LOL. Love the extra SBC when booking onboard! Anyway, thanks again! Justen

Welcome to the new folks.

I am getting myself in full planning mode. I have our transportation booked. I have found private shore excursions for Hilo, Ohau, and Kauai. Now to finalize those bookings. I have not been successful finding something for Maui, so we may just stay with the ship excursions, UNLESS someone here has a suggestion or two.

I think the fact that the ship is sailing today and we changed to this one has motivate me to get into planning gear:lmao:

It is a bit to early to pack, but my OCPD is kicking in and I have started to set aside a few things.:thumbsup2:scared1:

TO all the LA folks on here (or neighbors)

We have set aside the day we return to sightsee. WE want to see Santa Monica pier, hollywood sign, as well as some other famous spots. Can anyone recommend a private tour company or should/could we do it on our own?

Good news for us! The very next time Wonder heads out to Hawaii, it'll be our turn!

Hi everyone!! Just put our deposit down!! So excited! We've never been to HI. It's my parents and me and my husband. We loved the WBTA and are so happy to try HI this time!! I'm gonna get on the FE list and jump on the FB page. Also have to get airfare and hotel for the night before. We don't want to risk flying across the country that morning. Yikes!

Doing the happy dance!!
:banana::banana:

Kathy and DH Tom along with George and Fran (my parents)

Hi everyone!! Just put our deposit down!! So excited! We've never been to HI. It's my parents and me and my husband. We loved the WBTA and are so happy to try HI this time!! I'm gonna get on the FE list and jump on the FB page. Also have to get airfare and hotel for the night before. We don't want to risk flying across the country that morning. Yikes!

Doing the happy dance!!
:banana::banana:

Kathy and DH Tom along with George and Fran (my parents)

Welcome!

Ok folks,

It is time to get this party started. We are 6 weeks away from having to PIF and we still are not chattering up meets, greet, events, swaps. What gives??

:yay::yay::yay: Come on we are the next and possibly the last cruise to go to Hawaii so lets do it in style! Who is in it with me???

Ok folks,

It is time to get this party started. We are 6 weeks away from having to PIF and we still are not chattering up meets, greet, events, swaps. What gives??

:yay::yay::yay: Come on we are the next and possibly the last cruise to go to Hawaii so lets do it in style! Who is in it with me???

Definitely agree with you! We have 8 sea days to plan! The April group has five threads-worth of interest! We can surely do half as much, right? Where do we begin? We are somewhat newbie cruisers but we are very excited to get involved!

Good news for us! The very next time Wonder heads out to Hawaii, it'll be our turn!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 This give me a big smile.

Ok folks,

I want to help, but this is my second cruise. And when I found the thread of the WBTA2011 all was organized.
And I think it's a little bit difficult to phone/search etc here from the Netherlands. But I can help with other things.
So what are we going to do. Shall we make documents on Facebook, because we cann't do it now in this thread. Only if we get a seccond one, we must make post at the beginning. Goldeelox9 were are you?? You can add things in the first post.
Ppartekim has made a FE list and more. So I think he organize this. And do you organize also the other things on your list? like postcard, candy? And who is doing linked dining and Palo brunch with a group? For these things we are on the list.
But what else.
Who can organize champagne girls. I have no idea on this. I know we had a sort of tasting organized by DCL on the WBTA. But I saw that on the first Hawaii they had organized it different.
On the WBTA we had a pubcrawl, i didn't do that so again no idea, but that seems not that diffilcult.
There were tastings with groups of min 25 max 50.
A farewell lunch on the last seaday.
And there were excursions booked.
A precruise meet, I think someone has mentioned it already on Facebook.
So again I will help but I can not be the leader who phones etc.
Auntlynne was starting with the lanyards, but she is not on this cruise anymore, so someone has to take over.
We need some people who are doing this before. Then we can learn from them. So where art thou????? and lets start.

I would suggest using Facebook as anyone can create/edit docs within our cruise page. We can have a doc for each meet or one covering everything.
This allows everyone to be on the same page (literally) and not need to keep track of lots different DIS threads (now old school?).

While I am maintaining The List, I am not organizing everything (I don't have that much free time).

If someone wants to organize something. Go for it. As long as you have access to FB, DIS, DCL websites and a phone you have the power.

I believe some folks just called DCL directly to try and setup the stuff that required DCL interaction (Palo, PCG room, etc).

Others like Meets, Pub Crawls, etc. was just a list of folks that wanted to do it with a time/place set to meet.

Again, I would recommend using the FB docs for this as anyone can find it, edit it, etc. If outside (of FB) access is needed I can host docs (read-only) on my website where I have "The List" hosted.

FB page - http://www.facebook.com/groups/AlohaMickey/

The List - http://dcl.trapperhq.com/20121014/Oct14_List.htm

I want to help, but this is my second cruise. And when I found the thread of the WBTA2011 all was organized.
And I think it's a little bit difficult to phone/search etc here from the Netherlands. But I can help with other things.
So what are we going to do. Shall we make documents on Facebook, because we cann't do it now in this thread. Only if we get a seccond one, we must make post at the beginning. Goldeelox9 were are you?? You can add things in the first post.
Ppartekim has made a FE list and more. So I think he organize this. And do you organize also the other things on your list? like postcard, candy? And who is doing linked dining and Palo brunch with a group? For these things we are on the list.
But what else.
Who can organize champagne girls. I have no idea on this. I know we had a sort of tasting organized by DCL on the WBTA. But I saw that on the first Hawaii they had organized it different.
On the WBTA we had a pubcrawl, i didn't do that so again no idea, but that seems not that diffilcult.
There were tastings with groups of min 25 max 50.
A farewell lunch on the last seaday.
And there were excursions booked.
A precruise meet, I think someone has mentioned it already on Facebook.
So again I will help but I can not be the leader who phones etc.
Auntlynne was starting with the lanyards, but she is not on this cruise anymore, so someone has to take over.
We need some people who are doing this before. Then we can learn from them. So where art thou????? and lets start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter