• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder October 11th, 2015 5 day Baja

Hello, everyone! We are booked on this cruise as well as the 2 night on October 16th to make our cruise a B2B 7 night voyage! Whoo-hoo!:rotfl:

Our first DCL cruise was on October 2012 on Wonder's Pacific Coast Pixar cruise. That was so awesome and that's how we became TOTALLY hooked on DCL. Our second DCL cruise was June 2013 on Fantasy for a Western Caribbean itinerary. It was on this cruise that we became proud DVC members!

We are from the LA area and LOVE the idea of driving down to San Diego. No airfare! :cool1:

We did the FE on the last cruise, but I feel more prepared this time around for the FE. In fact, I have already been stocking up for the next cruise. I have a special DCL stash in the master bedroom.

Please add us to the DISmeets group & FE group. We plan on doing 1-2 Palo brunches, but my DH and possibly myself would love to join a group tasting!

Myself (Amy), DH (Eric), DD (at sailing 8), and DS (at sailing 4).
Cabin 2114

Look forward to getting to know everyone! Here's to hoping DCL will bring more cruises to the West Coast (I would love at least 7 night cruises!). :wizard:

Hello, everyone! We are booked on this cruise as well as the 2 night on October 16th to make our cruise a B2B 7 night voyage! Whoo-hoo!:rotfl:

Hello! Did you have to call them to get the 2 night on the 16th? I'm not seeing an option for that on the website. It only shows me a 3 night of the 1st

EDITED-I found it! :)

Wow, things are jumping around on this cruise! One minute I go in and there's only Oceanview cabins...then there's only Concierge...then there's only 5B verandahs....

I was going to try and get my cabin changed to 7th deck but maybe I'll wait till next week when things settle down (hopefully!). Or maybe I'll just stay with the cabin I've got because nothing else will be available :rotfl: Either way, as long as I'm on the ship, then I'm happy :cool1:

We are talking to friends about joining us but when I look at the same category, it's gone up almost $600! I guess bookings are going well. Maybe this will convince Disney to offer more options from California.

We are talking to friends about joining us but when I look at the same category, it's gone up almost $600! I guess bookings are going well. Maybe this will convince Disney to offer more options from California.

Lets cross our fingers that they do! We have a Disneyland and a Disneyworld. Would be great to have a port permanent here in California for DCL and the one in Florida. Gives more options for us on the west coast instead of flying for 6 hours or so to Florida

Hello!! My name is Holly and my husband and I have booked this cruise for our family. We have 3 kids who will be DS13, DS8, and DD5. DH and I have been on 1 Carnival cruise, but this will be a first for the kids. We just couldn't pass this opportunity up! We are going to try and do a trip to Disneyland while we are in California for the cruise, but we'll have to wait and see on that! We know we want to do Palo for brunch, and we would like to do the FE. This is all so exciting!!

:wave2: Hi...our family will be joining all of you. This will be our 6th Disney cruise, we have also sailed Carnival a few times and RCCL twice, but once we found/sailed Disney we NEVER looked back. We have sailed on the Magic 5 times and the Fantasy once, this will be our first time on the Wonder. :) Sailing [at least for now] will be Me "Rebecca", DH "Earl", our identical twin boys Kasey & Kaleb who will have turned 14 before the cruise, and our dd "Macy" who will be 2 months shy of turning 17 and one of our other dd's "Jennah" who will have just turned 19. We have sailed the Western several times, and the Eastern Caribb, and the Mexican Rivera twice. :beach: I am just thrilled we won't be spending 7+ hours on a plane flying to Florida :thumbsup2

This will be our first time sailing less then 7 nights and are worried that we will be disappointed, so I literally just got off the phone with DCL and put our exact same cabins on hold till Tuesday for the additional 2 night cruise to no where on the 16th of Oct. We have never done a back to back so that might be fun ::yes:: I also was checking for some family members for the 5 night we all are on, and DCL website said they were totally sold out. I asked the lady on the phone and she said they were about 97% sold out..just a few cabins here and there left. :faint: That went SUPER quick. :goodvibes Can't wait to get to know all of you. Enjoy your holiday weekend all. :wave2:

We live in Northern CA so we will be driving down.

We also live in Northern Ca... Stockton to be exact. We haven't decided if we will be driving down or not.. I actually checked southwest out of Sacramento and if we were leaving this Oct it would be 149$ per person to fly which might be worth the price to not be in a car with all 6 of us for 9+ hours LOL

Wondering what the thoughts from the group on how older kids do on the Wonder? Our kids at the time of the cruise will be: DS (15), DD (13), DD (7). Just wondering what people's experience are with older tweens/teens and how they will do on the cruise. They enjoy Disneyland, but I imagine 'cruise-style' is different than 'park-style'.

Our kids have been on 5 Disney cruises in the past 9 years...last time being Sept of 2013...our kids were 16 14 12 and 12.. The twins had a really good/busy time. My 14 year old went on and off to the Vibe enjoyed a few activities but my 16 year old was very bored. While there were several older kids 16 and 17 they were....a little more..gosh how do I say this, wild... They basically wanted to find alcohol and smoke out on deck and were "hooking" up quit a bit. :sad2: And YES, Disney only serves alcohol to those 21 and over, but teens will stroll the hallways and pick up any left over beer cans etc off of the trays left outside the cabin doors Eeewwww :crazy2: BUT older teens can enjoy other things besides the clubs.. the movies, the pools, sports deck etc. :goodvibes I am sure they will have a great time, I know my then 16 year old who will be 19 this next time is looking forward to going to the spa and the adult pools. :)

:cool1: Hi Rebecca, Welcome to you and the family. We have such a great group already!!! Are you going to be doing the FE?? I have a cruise on the Fantasy in August and doing my first FE and am already thinking of stuff for our cruise.

Hi All...
DH and I have this cruise booked with a group of friends (3 of the couples, including us, are celebrating our 20th Anniversaries)!! DH and I will also be staying on for the 2-night afterwards.

I was shocked at the pricing on this cruise and took the opportunity to celebrate our 20th with a 1-bedroom. Not having to pay for airfare definitely gave us a little more vacation budget to work with and I've never been able to consider that jump to concierge before :thumbsup2 I figure if DH and I can make it to 20 years together, we deserve this splurge :rotfl2:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all both here!!

We have a group of 6 adults booked for this cruise. DH & I, our DD/DSIL and two cousins. We'll probably go to DL for a few nights before the cruise and DH & I have the 2 night cruise following this one on hold trying to decide whether to bite the price bullet or not. I really prefer a longer cruise, but will take what we can get on the west coast. :banana::banana:

We also live in Northern Ca... Stockton to be exact. We haven't decided if we will be driving down or not.. I actually checked southwest out of Sacramento and if we were leaving this Oct it would be 149$ per person to fly which might be worth the price to not be in a car with all 6 of us for 9+ hours LOL

Flying is way easier. About 1 hour flight where you get a drink and you land before you finish it lol I wish that we didn't pack so much so we could fly but we over pack and if it saves us to drive. We usually leave the house around 2am so most of the time my two kids are sleeping so it works out great. I'm going to peak at the prices of some flights out of San Francisco. It would be great if they still had the 39.00 flights but I think that price was only to LAX. Is the 149 round trip or one way?

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, and the 1st time we haven't been booked for 7 days. I am hoping 5 days won't be a disappointment. Also the first time leaving from the west coast. We have sailed the Magic 11/2010 out of PC and the Wonder 12/2013 from Galveston. This cruise will just be my DH and myself, as a matter of fact we haven't even told anyone we have booked this yet, so let's keep it our little secret.

Glad the group is up and running already even though it seems like forever before we sail.

Just back from the CA San Diego to Vancouver 5 nighter - great trip. They announced this cruise while we were on board :cool1: so had to book. Love we don't have to fly to Florida for cruise :hippie: But it seems forever away.
Thought I would peek if any disboard action going and whoa!, what an active group. We will likely do FE. Taking two granddaughters who will be 13. Highly recommend private mixology class. Someone set up on CA Coast cruise - $15 apiece - terrific host - 5 drinks, probably about 1/2 regular size. We had a Manhattan, Kamikaze aka Lemon Drop, Bahama Mama, Long Island Ice Tea and B52 Kaluha Shooter.

I am very active on DISboards, logging on multiple times a day! However, I don't have a FB account. Is that going to be a problem since I want us included in the FE, DISmeets, & group alcohol tastings? Thanks!

Hi everyone! My name is Diana. My dd Sierra (14 at cruising) and I will be joining you on this fun 5 nt cruise. We were able to book this on the first day since I just turned Gold. Whoo hooo!:cool1: By the time this cruise comes around, it will be my 11th Disney cruise and my dd's 9th. We also booked the 2 day following this cruise, but unsure if we will keep it due to the price. I'm so excited to get to know everyone and can't wait to be on the ship!

Welcome to all that have come aboard the last few days :) I can't believe we have this many pages already and it's still over a year away. Well, according to my DU login it is now

500 SLEEPS!

That calls for a dancing banana: :banana:

My girls will be 10 & 14 when we sail so glad to see there are going to be a few in the same age group. :rotfl:

I am very active on DISboards, logging on multiple times a day! However, I don't have a FB account. Is that going to be a problem since I want us included in the FE, DISmeets, & group alcohol tastings? Thanks!

That's a good question. On our last cruise, the disboard group kind of petered out as most people jumped to facebook. But then it wasn't an overly active group anyway...

If there's enough interest, there could be an FE exchange set up here as well, and people could choose to do one or the other (or both I suppose :lmao:)

And just as general info, yeah we're in for any alcohol tastings!!! :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter