Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for dress up night im going to be Maleficents .....that is what they tell me here at the house too ... I love the shopping for the cruse and the planning the fun we are going to have .... if I get to be too much just say stop....im just a big kid now .... lolololo

Last edited:
for dress up night im going to be Maleficents .....that is what they tell me here at the house too ... I love the shopping for the cruse and the planning the fun we are going to have .... if I get to be too much just say stop....im just a big kid now .... lolololo
There is never such a thing as being to much when it comes to talking Disney! :chat::earboy2:
For formal night, I am going to be all dressed up as Belle in formal wear. The hubby will of course be Beast (in formal ) . Our oldest and his girlfriend will be Cinderella and Prince Charming. And finally our youngest, being the Stitch fan that he is, will be wearing his Elvis dinner tux with a hand beaded Stitch cape.
We should try to get together for "Character Formal " pictures! (Bummer, wanted to put a photographer imogi here, but there isn't one).

~ Tink ~

I see we think alike lololol
We are indeed Disneyaholics! :earseek:
But I have to say, we do tone it down for the cruises. We only wear matching themed shirts / outfits every day and to each dinner. Unlike when we go to the parks. Our park visit are a blast. We wear matching themed costumes to the parks each day and fully immerse ourselves in the magic.

20140913_071419(1).jpg

Last edited:
We just finished our Mustard drill monthly planning party! WooHoo! We finished off by packing everything we just tried on for the drill. We are now 98% packed. All that is left is socks and sleep wear. OK now we just need the cruise to hurry up and get here.

~ Tink ~

IM going to pack Mr. D things this weekend ..... on the FE list what dose ds and dd mean
The D (second D in DD) is for daughter, and the S is for son. You may also come across DH or DW, where H is for husband, and W is for wife. I am not exactly sure what the leading D in DS, DD, DW, or DH means, but since the first time I encountered it was here on the DIS, I always read it as Disney Son, Disney Daughter, Disney Wife, and Disney Husband.

~ Tink ~

I think most forums use those abbreviations--usually as "Dear Wife" "Dear Son" etc. but "Disney Son" is so much better! :earsboy:

In other news, I'm attaching a picture of a schedule for the dining nights for our cruise--a guy on Facebook shared it to a group there (yes I was trolling their group, but just to gather more planning info--I like the Disboards so much more!). :P

He said he got the schedule from the DCL staff (all this is subject to change of course), but it's more info than we've had thus far since these fall Galveston cruises are a new set of itineraries and there aren't any old navigators that exactly correspond with our cruise. He also said that the biggest "maybe" is that Prince/Princess night and Captains night could swap places, but that is probably the only thing that would change.

i'm trying to attach it--hope it works! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
Question about the wonder... Does it have a bibbity bobbity boutique? What about monogram mouse ear hats on board?

I think most forums use those abbreviations--usually as "Dear Wife" "Dear Son" etc. but "Disney Son" is so much better! :earsboy:

In other news, I'm attaching a picture of a schedule for the dining nights for our cruise--a guy on Facebook shared it to a group there (yes I was trolling their group, but just to gather more planning info--I like the Disboards so much more!). :P

He said he got the schedule from the DCL staff (all this is subject to change of course), but it's more info than we've had thus far since these fall Galveston cruises are a new set of itineraries and there aren't any old navigators that exactly correspond with our cruise. He also said that the biggest "maybe" is that Prince/Princess night and Captains night could swap places, but that is probably the only thing that would change.

i'm trying to attach it--hope it works! :)
Thanks!
You fed my Disney info need (well more of an addiction or craving)!
~Tink~

Monday Forget Me Nots!

Going on the tune of PrincessBrit's helpful info, this weeks Forget Me Not is Your Appetite! :cake:
:stir:popcorn:::mickeybar
As with most cruises food is in abundance aboard the Wonder, but this is Disney, so you know that there won't only be a lot of it, you know it will be good!

The eating starts as soon as you get on board. You have your choice of venues for your first vacation meal (and whether you have eaten already on that day, or on your journey to the boat, this is still your first vacation meal. What is so great about a vacation meals? No Calories of course!!!!!). A majority of the cruisers will head up to the Beach Blanket Buffet for their first taste of Disney (which will be open from the time we board until about 3). While up on the pool deck (not far from the Buffet), you will find Goofy's Galley (and the ice cream) - where you will find a healthy fast food choice with things like paninies, salads, and fruit; Pluto's Dog House - where you can get hot dogs (of course), hamburgers, fries, and chicken; and Pinocchio's Pizzeria - where you can get pizza.
Your final option is a sit down meal in one of the main dining rooms. I am not sure which one, but it will be listed on the Navigator you are given at check in, or you can ask any cast member.
You are going to want to burn off some of your lunch calories by exploring the ship before dinner, because that is where we will get a grand 3 course meal (well not including the breads). No matter where you are assigned for dinner the first night, rest assured you will get a tummy full. And by the way, here are a few dining room tips: if you see more than one thing you are interested in, don't be afraid to ask to try both (but be warned you will get a full helping of each, and every waiter we have ever had was clearly raised in a 'clear your plate' type household); and, if you have an allergy that you have not previously notified Disney about, don't worry, you still can notify your server or the Matre de (another warning though. If your allergy is one that you can take medicine for, such as a dairy allergy, and you still want to have that food item (for example, I am allergic to lactose and dairy solids, but I love ice cream and chocolate. Thankfully, I have medicine that I can take that allows me to have as much as I want) do not alert them about this allergy. They will not let you order anything with that food item in it. On the other hand, if you can not take medicine for it, please do notify them straight away. I would also recommend asking to speak with the head chef in the Buffet, and Palo if applicable).
The next morning will bring around more dining options (which will be repeated on all except for 2 of the remaining days). For breakfast, you can choose from room service (no charge, but tips are recommended), formal dining room, or buffet. Your Navigator will tell you the operating hours for each option. Then for lunch, all 3 of those options are available, plus the 3 offerings up on the pool deck, and the Quiet Cove Cafe.
***Side Note - on our first day at sea, don't forget to leave room for the ice cream social after lunch.***
Then for dinner, we again are back to our rotational dining. You can also dine at the buffet, room service, pool deck, or Palo for dinner.
The only 2 days that will be different, will be the day that we are at Castaway. On that day, you will also have the option of eating at Cookies BBQ on Castaway (no additional charge). Which is the best BBQ (asides from Animal Kingdoms Flame Tree) East of Texas. The other difference is our last morning on board (which we only have the option of formal dining room for breakfast).
Now if you are a Hobbit, and are used to Early Breakfast, Early morning snack, second breakfast, mid morning snack, early brunch......you get the idea..... you will be fine. However, if you are not, you may want to pace yourself. I was once told a typical cruiser gains 5 pounds a day on a cruise. I have yet to experience that, but I can see how it would be possible.

~Tink~

Finishing up our packing, I thought I would share a packing tip I wish I would have learned before my first cruise.
When you are packing, place an entire days outfits (that do not need to be hung up) into a zip lock bag. You may need to use 2 per day for some adults (mine fit in 1, but DH's needs to have shorts and pants out of the bags). Then label each bag for which day it is for and who it is for. You can also take pictures of the outfits to make it easier to match up what was going to be warn.
When you get to you cabin, and are ready to unpack, you can place the bags in reverse order (last day in first, and first day in last) in to the drawers or on shelves. We usually can use 1 drawer per person, or if using the shelves, found in some closest, we put everyone's outfits for one day on 1 shelf. We reserve the night stand draws for personal items, and night wear.
Packing this way allows us to unpack in about 5 minutes, and there is no grumbling frustration in the morning or at dinner time with everyone trying to figure out what to wear.
Another benefit, is that you can squeeze the air out of the bags. When you do that, it helps you to use less space in your luggage (which either means less luggage, or more room for stuff)!

~Tink~

If anyone in here is from the Galveston area, will there be a place thats open to have a sit-down meal on Thanksgiving Day? We're driving up a day early and spending the night and I haven't even thought about nothing being open. Thanks

If anyone in here is from the Galveston area, will there be a place thats open to have a sit-down meal on Thanksgiving Day? We're driving up a day early and spending the night and I haven't even thought about nothing being open. Thanks
I had asked the same thing earlier in the thread (closer to the beginning I think ). I know that they had said something like Moody Gardens and The Galvez have a brunch (which were a little pricey ) and my DH found out that Golden Coral will be open.
I think they may have said a few more. I can look for the post later today or tomorrow morning. I am currently heading to a very early out patient procedure.
As for Thanksgiving though, we decided to do our Thanksgiving on Sunday before we leave, and are hoping La Kings Confectionery is open Thanksgiving day for a nice treat.

~ Tink ~

There will be a cracker barrel on 45 close to Galveston that will be open

Last edited:
Okay, back to work. I will go back and search old post to see if I can track down the earlier conversations. By the way, when are y'all getting in on Thurs., and where are you staying?

There will be a cracker barrel on 45 close to Galveston that will be open
OOOHHH! Thanks, I told Chuck about this, and we have added it to our list of potentials. Much better than a buffet I would think!

~Tink~

I have searched :magnify: this thread, my PM's, and even other chat sites I have gone to with questions, and I am bummed to say I was not able to locate the post I referenced earlier. :sad2:
I am thinking it may have been on the previous thread for this cruise that was closed due to inactivity.
Sorry I could not be of any more help.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter