Disney Wonder November 27, 2015 Roll Call

Group 3 FE - When do you want me to close the group?

• When we reach 11 (which is where we currently are)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • When we reach 15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When we reach 20 - 25

• At a set number of days for the cruise (if this is your answer please share # of days in group 3 PM)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While on board, through this app, you will be able to access Disney cruises intranet (not to be mistaken with the internet), which will unlock tools that will make life at sea (and port) easier. You will have access to deck plans (so you don't get lost), menus for that nights dinners (this is great for those of us who have members of their family who can never seem to make up their minds about what to eat), and you will be able to view the daily Navigator (you will also get this in print in your room every day, but who wants to keep track of a mini booklet when we already have so many other things to keep track of). The Navigator, for those of you who have never sailed with Disney before, is your guide to everything for that day. It tells you when and where you can find your next meal (be it early mid morning snack, or late second, second lunch), what each age group of the kiddos will be doing at any given time, what movies are playing and when, where to find the character that you just must have an autograph for, when yoga begins, where you need to be for the Dance Party, when the Galley tour starts, ......I could go on, but then this post would be four pages long like the Navigator. Plus a new feature that has recently just been added to the app is messaging. You will be able to send messages to your traveling companions (as long as they have the app on their device as well) through out the trip. This is a nice addition.

We loved the DCL App on our last cruise - it was much better than the wave phones for us (since our phones fit in our pockets, etc.).

If I remember right, to text other friends cruising with you, you just need to get their stateroom number once on board, and then you text them through the app (you can add their name to their cabin number info so that you remember who is where).

On the Navigator feature on the app, you can highlight things you want to do (sort of like the MDE app), and then it will give you a reminder about 15 minutes before each even happens (so that you don't miss things) - or you can just dismiss the reminder if you decide not to go to that event (which I did sometimes when we were already having fun playing shuffleboard, or lounging around, etc.) :boat:

Thanks for the Tuesday Tip, Tink!! :thanks:

We loved the DCL App on our last cruise - it was much better than the wave phones for us (since our phones fit in our pockets, etc.).

If I remember right, to text other friends cruising with you, you just need to get their stateroom number once on board, and then you text them through the app (you can add their name to their cabin number info so that you remember who is where).

On the Navigator feature on the app, you can highlight things you want to do (sort of like the MDE app), and then it will give you a reminder about 15 minutes before each even happens (so that you don't miss things) - or you can just dismiss the reminder if you decide not to go to that event (which I did sometimes when we were already having fun playing shuffleboard, or lounging around, etc.) :boat:

Thanks for the Tuesday Tip, Tink!! :thanks:

Thanks for the additional information. Our last cruise was the one they rolled the app out on. It was basic, and still a bit glitchy. Even so, we loved it and put it to good use. I am looking forward to the updated version.
We need to start a cabin list for anyone that would like to utilize the on board texting. It would be a great aid in helping those of us who got to know one another on the DIS to get a chance to meet in person.

~ Tink ~

So just wondering for the previous Disney cruisers - how many of you dress up for the Formal and Pirate Nights? I mean really dress up...?

We've done nice outfits on the optional formal night for our 4-night cruise, but the most we've dressed up for Pirate night was simple pirate vests over t-shirts and jeans...

Just wondering who enjoys dressing up, and to what extent - and any pictures or costume ideas for Pirate night would be awesome!
:sail:

We love the dress up days. But then again , we dress up when we go to the parks as well!
We have planned to do one evening in full black tie formal, and then for the 2nd formal night, we will be in our character formals (hubby and I are going to be in Beast and Belle formals, our youngest is going to be in Stitch formal (it looks more like Elvis w/ a hand beaded Stitch on the cape), and our oldest and his girlfriend are going to be in Cinderella and Prince Charming formals ). For pirate DAY we have Mickey pirate shirts, and then for the evening we will transform into full fledged pirates (on previous cruise I have gone as Tinkerbell on one, and a Pixie Pirate on another. We also like to go with pirate makeup for the full look.
The pictures below are from our last cruise. The one that is a head taller than anyone else was in his Mad Hatters formal. Unfortunately, I could not find any for the regular formal night.

Tink Family Formal 2.jpg View attachment 111831 Copy of Disney Fantasy 0ct 5,2013 073_.jpg Elvis Stitch Tux 2_.jpgp_00013_.jpg Chuck Smee 2_.jpg pirate Clinton_.jpg Mad Hatter Formal Tea_.jpg clarkie pirate_.jpgCopy of Copy of Disney Fantasy 0ct 5,2013 155_.jpg

As you can see we range from Disney pirate to general pirates. A puffy shirt, a vest or long coat, and some loose cotton pants are good basic pirate out fits. You can dress it up with a skull and cross bone necklace, a bandana, and a sash for your waist, and you are good to go.
One thing I want to add in as a side note, Every Disney cruise we have been on we have ended up in a conversation about this being a family cruise, and how we wish others would remember to keep it Disney. You can search for pirate costumes on line, and come across what is listed as "sexy pirate " outfits. I promise you that you will see a couple of those on Pirate night.

~Tink ~

Nice! Thanks for sharing your pictures, Tink! Ya'll look great! I think the idea about pirate shirts for daytime and then dressing up for dinner is very clever! We might join you on that one. And the Elvis-Stitch jacket is incredible! Love it!

And we totally agree with you about how people need to keep their clothing choices appropriate and family friendly--especially for pirate night.

It's gonna be a great cruise!

PrincessBrit - I have a pattern for a pirate mickey appliqué. If you are interested, just let me know.
20150407_123351(1).jpg
This is what it looks like.
Also I have a few personal disney / mickey pirate creations, that came be used for iron ons.

~Tink ~

Hello everyone! I just jumped on your site. We are cruising with ya'll on the Wonder Nov. 27. We have a large group.
Hubby, me, two sons and two daughter in laws, 3 granddaughters (9,7,4) and twin grandsons (2 1/2), and another couple is joining us with their sons 9 and 7!!! We cruised on this ship in 1999, so it's a nostalgic cruise for us. My daughter-in-law signed us up for an FE group on another forum. However, I would be interested in any cabin crawls or get-togethers that you have planned.

Welcome aboard cub77cub.
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

How exciting to share this experience with the whole family.
I will add you to the roll call, the cabin crawl , and the meet and mingle.
We also have a toddler playtime meet. If your kids would like to join in with the grand kids, just let me know.

~ Tink ~

Activity sign ups

Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss​

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody
cub77cub

*more detailed descriptions of all of the choices are in post # 112. If you do not see an activity sign up for anything you are interested in, please check post #112 and #236. Then let me know so I can start a sign up.

Welcome aboard cub77cub.

How exciting to share this experience with the whole family.
I will add you to the roll call, the cabin crawl , and the meet and mingle.
We also have a toddler playtime meet. If your kids would like to join in with the grand kids, just let me know.

~ Tink ~
Thanks for the welcome! I told my daughter-in-law with the twins about the board. The toddler playtime meet sounds fun. I read that they have different times when you can go into the Oceaneer club with little ones for play time. It's a bit easier with the kids over 3, because they can go in anytime.

Hi everyone,

I'm daughter in law of Cub77Cub :)
I would love to join in on the toddler play date with my twins. Any details on the when and where yet?

Thanks,
B

QUOTE="pixiehallow, post: 54118154, member: 337323"]

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody
cub77cub

I was wondering about the cabin crawl. We did that on another cruise line, and it was really fun. I remember we did the poker
thing, but can't recall how it worked. What cabin types do you already have signed up?

Sorry for the time delay on the response, but we were at the drive - in watching Pixels (by the way good, funny movie with an awesome sound track. Those of us who grew up in the 70's and 80' s will 'Totally' get it). I will take the time first thing tomorrow to answer your questions once I am on the computer instead of the tablet. Have a great rest of the night.

~ Tink ~

You guys still have those? I haven't been to a drive-in since I was 10 years old. :-)

They just built a brand new one this summer! It was great fun. They even start out with the old timey preshow cartoons where the candy and soda are singing and dancing.
My hubby said the first time he saw Star Wars was in a drive -in, so with then new one now open, he is hoping to see the new Star Wars at the drive in.

~Tink~

I'm daughter in law of Cub77Cub :)
I would love to join in on the toddler play date with my twins. Any details on the when and where yet?
First, let me give you an official welcome korketrekkere (since I did not do that last night)

I have added you to the roll call, and the toddler play date.

As for the when and where, that has not been set yet. I was hoping that one of the moms (maybe you) would take the reins on this, as my almost 6 ft son, and my 6.5 ft son may be a little to big to participate in the play date.
For whom ever does take the lead, I am happy to share in the keeping track on my activities spread sheet, and with suggestions or anything else you may need.

~Tink~

Activity sign ups
Group meet
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
cub77cub

Toddler Play Date
The West 4
MouseketeerG
Solaryss
korketrekkere

Cabin Crawl
Pixiehallow
TweetyandKitty
PrincessBrit
Princess Melody
cub77cub

*more detailed descriptions of all of the choices are in post # 112. If you do not see an activity sign up for anything you are interested in, please check post #112 and #236. Then let me know so I can start a sign up.

I was wondering about the cabin crawl. We did that on another cruise line, and it was really fun. I remember we did the poker
thing, but can't recall how it worked. What cabin types do you already have signed up?

We did the poker thing on our cruise this past January as well. We had 5 cabins that we toured, and each cabin that was being toured, brought a deck of cards. When we were viewing their cabin, we picked up a card for our hand (there was debate about whether or not to mark the card with our initials to deter cheating). At the last cabin, we checked our hands, and the person with the highest hand won. We had an entry fee of $5 a person, and the winner received the entry fees as a prize. I was thinking more along the lines of winning an actual prize if we did poker. The other fun thing the hosting cabins did, was having a bowl of candy or snacks out for everyone.

The cabins that are currently signed up are in category 11B (this cabin is small, and would only stay on the tour if we did not get enough larger cabins...however, it is good to see what one of these cabins is like for those who may have considered booking a small inside cabin in the past or will consider it in the future. I find it helpful to actually be able to visualize the space when planning), category 9A (handicap accessible), and category 5B - Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. I am trying to convince a friend of ours that will be on this sailing to participate as well. If I can talk him into it, there are in a cabin with a verandah also.
What category is your cabin?

~Tink~

4 months until we set sail! Woo Hoo!
And, guess what, today is Monday, and I actually remembered that I need to post my Monday Forget me Nots!!!!!

Today's forget me not may seem silly, but much like those labels you find telling you not to do something that in a million years you would never try (such as don't stick your hand in the garbage disposal when it is turned on), they are there because someone has actually tried it. This tip finds it way into the list, because yes, Ms. OCVPD (Obsesive Compulsive Vacation Planning Disorder), actually did this. I don't beat my self up to much about it, because I have since learned that this is actually a common occurrence.

Don't forget to pack undies (chonies, tighty whiteys, or what ever you may call them)!
If this can happen to me, it can happen to you. I have a couple lists that I check everything off on as I am getting organized to pack, and then I have a list of everything I am taking that I check off as I pack. And I still happened to make it on board with out packing any undies. I still have a conspiracy theory to this day, that either the cat (who purposely gets severely injured when he sees bags packed for vacation) or our youngest son pulled some items out of my bag (the pillow I packed also went missing). But putting that aside, let me explain why this particular forget me not is worth mentioning. With all of the on board shops, and the plethora of shops on shore available to you, amazingly enough, this is not an item you can find. We found souvenir boxers, but that was it. And even though I received several suggestions on how to cope, I still was self conscious about it.
The suggestions I received were: just turn the pair you were wearing inside out every other day or so; wear your swim suit bottoms as undies (not sure how swimming pool ready they would be if I did that); and use your panty hose / tights as undies (a little warm for the day time). We continued searching through out the cruise in each port, but where never lucky enough to find any. I ended up wearing the ones I had had on during the day, and then washing them out and hanging them up in the evening when I was wearing the panty hose/ tights to dinner.

As usual, I hope my mistakes make for a good tip for your packing.

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter