Disney Wonder November 20, 2015

Do you want to be included in the Fish Extender?

• Yes, Count Me IN!

• Get back with me, I need more information!

• No, I can't do it this time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PIGLETSMOMMA

DIS Veteran
WonderFull Thanksgiving Cruise 2015

I am hoping to start this new thread for this cruise! Who is joining me?
November 20-27, 2015 out of Galveston.

Thanksgiving cruise...I am always thankful for being on a DCL ship anyway!

Here's something really fun! Go to this map I created https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=980279&add=1
and add where you live and we will be able to see a visual of where we are all from. You simply click on "Additions" at
the top, then select "Add Marker-Simple". Name yourself and type in as much detail as you want for your address or
street only or city only, etc.

Last edited:
Count us in. We were booked on a different cruise for this week, but not having airfare & one of my DDs begging to do DCL again made this too hard to pass up. So we switched.

Thankfully with DCL offering the Eastern ports, they will all be new to us!

I'm pretty excited.

OMGosh!!! You have not been to CC?! It is heaven on earth. You will love it and never, ever want to leave. I cry, literally, every time we leave Castaway Cay! I am so excited for you!!!

The few people I know that have been say that. I'm looking forward to it. I debated doing the cruise between Christmas & New Years, in order to see Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas - but the price difference was more than I wanted to pay for that.

We love Disney World, and love cruising. But the only DCL cruise we have been on was that one over Thanksgiving 2012, when the Magic was here. I would have loved one of those out of Galveston that did Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral, but the dates for that itinerary didn't work with the school district schedule.

I asked my daughters if they wanted to keep the cruise we had booked for 2015 (with a different cruise line), or Disney. While the Disney cruise costs more, no airfare more than makes up for it. They both begged for DCL for that kids club.

:) I'm excitedly chatty. :)

The few people I know that have been say that. I'm looking forward to it. I debated doing the cruise between Christmas & New Years, in order to see Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas - but the price difference was more than I wanted to pay for that.

We love Disney World, and love cruising. But the only DCL cruise we have been on was that one over Thanksgiving 2012, when the Magic was here. I would have loved one of those out of Galveston that did Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral, but the dates for that itinerary didn't work with the school district schedule.

I asked my daughters if they wanted to keep the cruise we had booked for 2015 (with a different cruise line), or Disney. While the Disney cruise costs more, no airfare more than makes up for it. They both begged for DCL for that kids club.

:) I'm excitedly chatty. :)

That is great! Last year they had the ship decorated for Christmas right after the Halloween cruise, so i suspect they do the same at Castaway Cay. So I bet it is already decorated for YOU!!! You might even see some snow on CC!

I am glad you guys made the decision to come on the WonderFull Thanksgiving Cruise!

Make room for 3 more families! :cool1:

We (me, dh, dd7 and dd4 - ages at sailing) as well as my parents, my sister and brother in law and my niece (age 17 at sailing)

We sailed DCL out of Galveston in 2013 over Mardi Gras week (we live in New Orleans) and loved it! We were so excited to see it coming back and cannot wait for all new ports on this sailing. Especially CC!

That is great! Last year they had the ship decorated for Christmas right after the Halloween cruise, so i suspect they do the same at Castaway Cay. So I bet it is already decorated for YOU!!! You might even see some snow on CC!

I am glad you guys made the decision to come on the WonderFull Thanksgiving Cruise!

I'm glad too. It's going to be Magical. :)

The one we went on, the only Christmas decoration on the ship was they were building the gingerbread house. It was finished before we got off the ship. We had a wonderful time on the cruise, but after reading so many trip reports where the ships were decorated by Thanksgiving, I was kind of disappointed.

But decorations or not. . .I'm good getting to finally see Castaway Cay. :)

Make room for 3 more families! :cool1:

We (me, dh, dd7 and dd4 - ages at sailing) as well as my parents, my sister and brother in law and my niece (age 17 at sailing)

We sailed DCL out of Galveston in 2013 over Mardi Gras week (we live in New Orleans) and loved it! We were so excited to see it coming back and cannot wait for all new ports on this sailing. Especially CC!

I will join FB tonight since it's blocked at work!

Welcome Aboard!!!

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Have a great cruise! pixiedust:

:beach: I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Have a great cruise! pixiedust:

Now we're rollin'...I mean cruisin'! Can't wait to see how many friends we are going to start making...however, have the ship reserved for 3 families would be fun too. Talking about service. we would have about 500 cast members per family!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am from the Dallas Area. I am also going to create a map for us to add ourselves to. It's going to be great!

Here's something really fun! Go to this map I created https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=980279&add=1
and add where you live and we will be able to see a visual of where we are all from. You simply click on "Additions" at
the top, then select "Add Marker-Simple". Name yourself and type in as much detail as you want for your address or
street only or city only, etc.

Hey Everyone!
This is the first time ever I have posted on disboards, but I browse all the time.:wave2:

I just booked this cruise and I am BEYOND excited, it's going to be a long 18 months! This is our 2nd disney cruise, we did our first one in 2012 on the Dream out of Port Canaveral and I've been itching to go again since! Since Galveston is practically in our own back yard, we get to spluge a little! I'll be sailing with my husband and daughter (she'll be 6 by then). :goodvibes

I just wanted to touch base with you guys!

Hey Everyone!
This is the first time ever I have posted on disboards, but I browse all the time.:wave2:

I just booked this cruise and I am BEYOND excited, it's going to be a long 18 months! This is our 2nd disney cruise, we did our first one in 2012 on the Dream out of Port Canaveral and I've been itching to go again since! Since Galveston is practically in our own back yard, we get to spluge a little! I'll be sailing with my husband and daughter (she'll be 6 by then). :goodvibes

I just wanted to touch base with you guys!

Welcome!!!! Glad to have you!

My family (me, DH, DD12, DD12 at sailing) as well as my sister's family, and my parents are sailing.

I can't even really start thinking about this cruise as we are setting sale to Alaska in less than three weeks! One cruise at a time, one cruise at a time.

My family (me, DH, DD12, DD12 at sailing) as well as my sister's family, and my parents are sailing.

I can't even really start thinking about this cruise as we are setting sale to Alaska in less than three weeks! One cruise at a time, one cruise at a time.

Are you on the Alaska 6/16??? I am!!!

Applied to join the FB site!

How fun. I have twin DDs who will be 12 at the time of sailing.

Alaska! How wonderful. Have you been before?

Our vacation for this year isn't for another 10 weeks. We are doing the British Isles. Will be a first for us.

Are you on the Alaska 6/16??? I am!!!

I know it is off topic, but was curious what you have planned for Alaska. I think my DH would go to Alaska every year if he could. . .we didn't go with DCL, but so far that has got to be our favorite vacation. I would think the Disney touch would make it even more special.

No, we are on 6/9 sailing, we'll pass in at the port!
First trip for us to Alaska, but parents have been twice on another line.

We are doing helicopter landing on glacier in Skagway.
Private Whale watching with Harv & Marv.
Spent all our money and doing nothing in Ketchikan. :-)

Add two more families to this cruise! Me (Linda) and my grandson (11 at the time if the cruise) will be in one stateroom and my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson (5 at the time of sailing) will be in the other. By the time this cruise comes around it will be my daughter's and my 5th cruise and all the guys' third cruise. (Yes, we leave them behind for mother/daughter cruises. :) ) I will be requesting to join the Facebook group.

Add us to the list too! It's our first cruise and DH and I are beyond excited. We are planning to surprise the kiddos - Nov is their Birthday month. DS will turn 16 on the 9th, and my twin DS's will turn 11 during the cruise - their bday is the 26th!

I have so many questions, since we've never done this before - I look forward to hearing all the tips you guys have.

Add us to the list too! It's our first cruise and DH and I are beyond excited. We are planning to surprise the kiddos - Nov is their Birthday month. DS will turn 16 on the 9th, and my twin DS's will turn 11 during the cruise - their bday is the 26th!

I have so many questions, since we've never done this before - I look forward to hearing all the tips you guys have.

Would love to start helping you! Start firing your questions at me and will be glad to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter