Disney Wonder - May 12, 2017- 2 Night out of San Diego

Hi! I will also be coming on the cruise -- my first time on the Wonder which will complete be DCL grand slam! The cruise is a surprise anniversary present for my DH so hopefully I'll be able to keep this a secret for a full year! :)

Well that was the shortest secret ever! I forgot to change the email address for the notifications and DCL emailed my DH to congratulate him on his upcoming cruise, lol. But he's excited!

I'll be joining you all on this cruise. :sail:Will be bittersweet as it was to have been my husband and my 2nd cruise (we sailed Oct 2015 on the Wonder), but he recently passed away.
So, as the cruise was already paid for, and I'm taking my brother and sister-in-law along (we had a fantastic time together in October), I'm treating my BFF who's not sailed on a Disney cruise. She's super excited, and I told her to be prepared for the Best Cruise ever!
:mickeyjum
Looking forward to hanging up the F.E. on the cabin door, so hoping folks will want to join in the fun of the exchange.

Cabin #7136 Me (F, age 63) BFF (F, age 63). We are avid scrapbookers, and love all things Disney. Our home Park is the DLR
Me = Aurora and Maleficent are my favorites
BFF = Ursula, Jack Sparrow and Jack Skellington are her favs.

Last edited:

Yes!!! I haven't been on this site in ages. Our family has 3 cruises, back to back, booked, this one in the middle. We would love to do a FE group.
Okay, I just checked your profile. You are Huntington Beach, we are San Clemente!! We can pull the FE thing together!

Hello to everyone. My name is David, I have been on a total of 10 Disney cruises in my lifetime. I am a U.S. citizen who now lives in Mexico in the beautiful port city of Ensenada. If anyone needs some friendly advice related to Ensenada or Mexico in general please feel free to ask, I am more than happy to help my fellow Disney enthusiasts. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Hello to everyone. My name is David, I have been on a total of 10 Disney cruises in my lifetime. I am a U.S. citizen who now lives in Mexico in the beautiful port city of Ensenada. If anyone needs some friendly advice related to Ensenada or Mexico in general please feel free to ask, I am more than happy to help my fellow Disney enthusiasts. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

David, I've been to Ensenada several times, as my parents own a vacation home in Rosarito Beach. What we have never done is a winery tour. I've started drinking Baja wines when I'm down there and they are good. Which winery would you recommend visiting? Disney has excursions to a winery or two (with the guarantee they will get you back to the ship).

Beverly, we have over 150 wineries here in Valle de Guadalupe. They all vary in size and quality. My personal opinion is that the tour offered for the cruise lines is not a tour you would be impressed with. The tour visits L.A. Cetto which is a very large commercial winery. The Cetto wines would be similar to Gallo, Mondavi or Kendall Jackson. Doña Lupe next door to Cetto is a small place that is focused on tourism, not wine. We have countless wineries here that can provide a much better experience and a higher quality wine. My personal favorites include Viña de Frannes, Torres Alegre, Lechuza and Tres Valles. Travel time from the port to the heart of wine country is about 35 minutes. Should you need information for a quality tour that will ensure you arrive back to the ship with plenty of time, I can recommend someone. You also have options such as a taxi or Uber. I hope this helps, feel free to ask anything that comes to mind.

Last edited:
We're deciding whether to book this today or not. Are there any trip reports for this itinerary? It seems like a lot of hassle for a quick 2 day trip...

Hey everyone!!!!! My wife and I will be on the cruise also! It will be a total surprise for her. I booked it so we could be Gold before our 10 night Mediterranean cruise in July. We love to do fish extenders and would be wicked excited to be part of a group. Let me know!!!!! We are coming from Minnesota.

We're deciding whether to book this today or not. Are there any trip reports for this itinerary? It seems like a lot of hassle for a quick 2 day trip...

I have done this cruise before. I haven't ever seen a trip report on it because I remember looking in the past. I guess it depends on where you live and as to what you consider to be a hassle. I am only two hours from the port, so it is an airfare save for me....just a quick drive. I know sometimes others do it because they are pairing it with a Disneyland trip.

It is a fun cruise but it is over quick. I recall the cruise director joking about not sleeping at all since there was only 48 hours on the ship! My family prefers the 7 night cruises because of course you get more time on the ship and can enjoy more. But we sail it because it is close and we are going with some friends this time that can't fly to the east coast or take time for a 7 day trip. It is Disney and it is fun!!!

I have done this cruise before. I haven't ever seen a trip report on it because I remember looking in the past. I guess it depends on where you live and as to what you consider to be a hassle. I am only two hours from the port, so it is an airfare save for me....just a quick drive. I know sometimes others do it because they are pairing it with a Disneyland trip.

It is a fun cruise but it is over quick. I recall the cruise director joking about not sleeping at all since there was only 48 hours on the ship! My family prefers the 7 night cruises because of course you get more time on the ship and can enjoy more. But we sail it because it is close and we are going with some friends this time that can't fly to the east coast or take time for a 7 day trip. It is Disney and it is fun!!!
Thanks, I did end up booking it yesterday! Decided that as a little Mother's Day gift / getaway it was worth it. We live in NM so it's an 11 hour drive, but I think we're using point to jump on a quick SouthWest Flight. We want to pack in carry ons only - I'm assuming the whole thing is way more casual than a typical 7 day?
Is it the port that is near the Midway?

Thanks, I did end up booking it yesterday! Decided that as a little Mother's Day gift / getaway it was worth it. We live in NM so it's an 11 hour drive, but I think we're using point to jump on a quick SouthWest Flight. We want to pack in carry ons only - I'm assuming the whole thing is way more casual than a typical 7 day?
Is it the port that is near the Midway?

Yes it is the port near the Midway. Definitely a casual type cruise. When we sailed it before there was pirate night and cruise casual night. So glad you booked it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter