Disney Wonder March 7, 2014

This is our family's first cruise ever, lots to learn. It is myself, DH, DS12, DS8. I just booked on Thursday and now the airfare has jumped considerably so now looking to fly into FL instead of Miami. Now to figure out what the cost of rental car/parking would be or a transport company. I was hoping to fly out after school on Thursday and only have the boys out 1 day before spring break, but at a cost of $800 they may miss 2 days.

Stefanopops,do you rent a car or just a transportation company to get from FL to the port?

Going to try to find the facebook page now.

Katrina

This is our family's first cruise ever, lots to learn. It is myself, DH, DS12, DS8. I just booked on Thursday and now the airfare has jumped considerably so now looking to fly into FL instead of Miami. Now to figure out what the cost of rental car/parking would be or a transport company. I was hoping to fly out after school on Thursday and only have the boys out 1 day before spring break, but at a cost of $800 they may miss 2 days.

Stefanopops,do you rent a car or just a transportation company to get from FL to the port?

Going to try to find the facebook page now.

Katrina

Welcome Katrina! We're flying into FLL and staying for two days near Boca Raton where I have some family. We will be renting a car. You have a few choices. If you arrive the day before and stay near the airport you can arrange a shuttle from FLL to the port the next day. Many hotels near the airport will have free shuttles from the airport to the hotel, then just take the free shuttle back the next day. A standard or full size car from Avis will run you about $100 if you wanted to go that route as well. You could pick the car up from FLL and drop it off near the port (99 southeast 2nd st). Our plan is to have me drop everyone off at the port, then drop off the car and take a cab back to the port by myself as there are not free shuttles from the car rental agency to the port. Does this help?

Got airfare and pre hotel booked. Considered driving to save money, but finally gave in and bit the bullet. Flying into Miami after all, but will have to be on the plane at 5:30am Thursday and miss another day of work and school. Staying at the Comfort Suites Airport, with free shuttle from airport and to the port. Going to finalize the excursions over the rest of the weekend. Then it will be off to researching tips and tricks of the cruise.

:yay:

Anyone interested in doing the Fish extender exchange? Considering it if others want to participate.

Is anyone interested in doing a Fish Extender group? We are traveling with three kids, ages 5,9,11 and I think they would love it.

I saw a post about a facebook group but couldn't find it. I can start one if we don't have one going.

I live in Granbury about 30 miles SW of Fort Worth. My boys are 8 and 12 so right at the same ages. Are yours boys or girls? I will do the FE as long as it stays manageable. I saw some groups of 40 cabins and 136 people. I don't plan on making/ bringing for that many people. I just don't have time and the extra space to cover that many. I think 10 room max before starting another group. Of course, that is just my opinion.

The link to the Facebook page is at the bottom of page one of the thread. That is how I found it.

I'm travelling with my 9 (almost 10) year old niece. I'd be interested in doing an FE - also providing it's kept to a manageable level. Luggage space is at a premium! ::yes::

Looking for anyone or any info pertaining to the cruise fish extenders on 3/7/2014. We will be cruising on the Disney Wonder 5 night leaving out of Miami . I heard this is a lot of fun. This will be our first Disney cruise ( DH and myself).

Debbie

Seaotters- check out the links to the Facebook page if you do Facebook (pg 1 of this thread). Someone has established it there, ask to become a member and then post you are interested in FE and she will send you the link. We are still in the decision process in the FE.

I'm travelling with my 9 (almost 10) year old niece. I'd be interested in doing an FE - also providing it's kept to a manageable level. Luggage space is at a premium! ::yes::

We'd be interested with the same caveat. Space is a premium with flying and airline fees!

We are from Texas as well. I love Granbury! We live near DFW airport.

We will be celebrating my daughters birthday on the Cruise. She will be 11 on March 5th.

Elaine - have you decided if your daughter is likely to attend the Oceaneer programs or the Edge. I will be travelling with my 2 girls (12 and 11). They both have some learning issues and are some-what less mature and still enjoy playing. I am trying to decide what would be best for them, but will likely decide on the boat.

I noticed that your daughter was a similar age so what just wondering your thoughts. :)

Hi all,

We just got off the Wonder New Year's Eve cruise and we participated in the FE for the first time. My kids LOVED it...so much fun.

I have a friend with 3 young kids who is on your ship, and I was going to tell her about the FE exchange, but I wanted to find out if you have closed your list first, so that I don't disappoint her kids if your list is closed.

Let me know,
Thanks!

JJ, I don't think it is closed. Have her go to the Facebook page and ask to be added and there is the link to fill out the questionnaire there.

JJ, I don't think it is closed. Have her go to the Facebook page and ask to be added and there is the link to fill out the questionnaire there.

Thanks, Katrina.

Can you please give me the link to the Facebook group and I will pass it along. She is from Windsor, Ontario and 2 young daughters and a little son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter