• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March 20th 2011 sailing

I want to also express our thanks!
My family loved the cruise and enjoyed all the wonderful and creative gifts. Both the fish extenders and secret mickeys were so much fun.
Take care everyone!

Thank you to all of you for the wonderful FE gifts. A lot of thought and work was put into them. Next time I want to get more creative.

We had a great time, Andre had a blast and enjoyed making some new friends. We didn't book on board, but want to take our granddaughter Fiona in a year or two.

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts! My girls were so excited everytime they saw something in there. It added even more magic to the cruise. All of the candy was perfect for taking to the shows each night. I have been listening to the two cds that we received while I've been back at work these past two days and it's helping me stay awake :) after our overnight flight.

Also thank you to the person who left the birthday goodies and magnet. My daughter loved it.

Hey, everyone! We enjoyed meeting everyone and I hope everyone had a wonderful relaxing time. I know we did.

I wanted to get right back on after debarkation, but Elsa and Dan would have had to fly home without me. :goodvibes

Lydia

so...if i left a bag of wet clothes (to pack at the last minute) in our stateroom, is there any chance of me getting it back? i'm not positive it got left behind but i can't seem to find it in the mess of unpacking, it's my only thought... who would i contact to find out? gah! i wouldn't really care except there was a brand new swimsuit & swim shirt for ds and my dd's fav suit in there!! :sad1:

tia!
Lara

Oh ick! Call this number 407-566-3734.

I think you will have better luck getting your wet clothes back than I did getting my jewlery back. I left my jewlery in our stateroom on the cruise last year. Luckily, it was just costume jewlery, but it was not returned.
I realize it was my fault, but I was a little ticked. I called them immediately after I left the ship before other passengers could board. So, I'm assuming our stateroom attendant was no all entirely honest.

It's so hard to come back to real life!!

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the FE. Like everyone else, my girls were so excited to come back and see all the goodies. I don't know how many times I had to yell, "don't run!" as soon as they saw something in it (we were at the end of the hall). It did no good :)

You all are so creative and generous! I have a lot of work to do before next time! We booked 12/15/12 on the Fantasy.

I would also like to thank everyone in the fe and secret Mickey. It was alot of fun.

I am still trying to recover. We got used to afternoon naps and it's tough to stay up all day and work.

I totally agree--reality stinks! LOL

I feel like I'm slogging through everything. It doesn't help that my kids are on spring break *this* week and I am forcing them to do their makeup homework while trying to do my own work at the same time. Everything is taking twice as long as it should.

Oh well...such is "real" life.

I am in a major post vacation funk. I just can't seem to jump back into the swing of things. Yesterday I lost it at my entire family who are still ON a cruise as they have meals prepared for them, someone to pick up their messes, plan activities, provide childcare, etc, etc. I think returning from cruises are hardest on the moms. For the most part, we were the ones who had so many of our daily jobs relieved for the week.

Oh and just unpacking the last of our goodies and forgot to mention how much I loved the custom magnets for the girls, and our handmade jewelry and moracas. A lot of thought and creativity going on in the Goofy FE group. So glad we did th FE thing, we will participate in these every time from now on and will definitely step up our game next cruise.

Looks like many of us are considering the Fantasy in 2013. We would like do it in late May/ early June (kids are out of school earlier than most) or October (our fall break).

justkeepswimming, our kids are out early as well. we had hoped to do a june 2nd eastern caribbean cruise on the fantasy in '11 but didn't know about the option of a dummy cruise and didn't want/need a verandah and that's all they had.

cruisin...thanks for posting the link about the candle lighting. i'm going to post about it on facebook to get the word out as much as i can.

update:found our stuff!! it was shoved in dh's backpack!! 4 days late, but hey, i have them and they are NOT mildewed, lol! whew! thanks everyone!!

Lara

Glad you found your stuff. I finally got the last bag unpacked yesterday and laundry DONE!

I can't seem to get enough sleep. Recovering from this vacation is taking longer than expected. Maybe I need another cruise to recover from this cruise :rotfl2:

I really didn't get a chance to meet too many of you on the cruise, but I'm sure we crossed paths sometime during the trip.

I thought I'd post of few of my pics from the trip if anyone is interested in seeing them. I'd love to see others pictures too :thumbsup2.

Here are the links from another thread I posted on:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40556417&postcount=1623

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40556447&postcount=1624

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40556500&postcount=1625

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40556520&postcount=1626

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40556540&postcount=1627

Still not done unpacking...almost there. My dh has been out of town all week so it's been crazy trying to get my kids to all their evening sports, going back to work and trying to get the house back in order. But we had the most amazing time...my oldest dd, Taylor, practically lived in the Edge! I wish the last day was warmer and less windy but my ds had the greatest time in the "wave" pool. Hopefully we will doing another cruise but it will most likely be out of San Pedro again...it was nice not having to fly or paying for all the expenses associated with flying.

We seem to leave something on every cruise (usually something my dh is responsible for-sorry honey) Last cruise we forgot to get our video camera from the special spot we were keeping it....and it wasn't found. Now it looks like my dh left his ipod in the room. I'm going to call that number.

It's nice to see so many families with happy memories and a great time spent together.

We seem to leave something on every cruise (usually something my dh is responsible for-sorry honey) Last cruise we forgot to get our video camera from the special spot we were keeping it....and it wasn't found. Now it looks like my dh left his ipod in the room. I'm going to call that number.

Oh, no, that's terrible. I'm the only one not totally unpacked here, but that's because I brought home a terrible, horrible flu and have been in bed since we got home Monday night.

I have finally been able to sit up for a couple of hours yesterday and today, but if I get the least bit agitated, it's horrible.

We got home Monday instead of Sunday because United was looking for volunteers to give up their seats and take the morning flight. They paid for a hotel and gave us enough vouchers to have dinner and breakfast plus they gave each of us $400 in vouchers to buy tickets with in the future. but they sure were grumpy about it all. lol! Now this little bit has wiped me out, so I'm gonna go rest some more.

I really didn't get a chance to meet too many of you on the cruise, but I'm sure we crossed paths sometime during the trip.

I thought I'd post of few of my pics from the trip if anyone is interested in seeing them. I'd love to see others pictures too :thumbsup2.

Beautiful pictures and beautiful family! Y'all are so photogenic. Wasn't Cabo beautiful too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter