• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March 20th 2011 sailing

I'm confused too...it was the Target pharmacist who recommended me the Bonine for kids....arghh!! I'm calling Kaiser right now.

I talked to my friend tonight, who also just happens to be a pharmacist at Kaiser ;) She said that many kids will react to Bonine the same way they do Dramamine (or benadryl), that it makes them sleepy. She said that for that reason, she usually doesn't recommend using it, because the main reason you use that type rather than the dramamine version is for the non-drowsy effects.

FWIW, that's her opinion. I'm hoping that my kids will not be affected at all and that it won't be an issue.

Isn't Day 5 our first day in Cabo? I'm confused which night is pirate night...Do we start counting from day one in LA Sunday? So Day 5 is Thursday right?

Yes that would make Day 5 our first night in Cabo, not second...so does that mean the Toy Story show gets moved to Day 4? I think it was supposed to be on Day 5 before they switched Pirate Night.

Isn't Day 5 our first day in Cabo? I'm confused which night is pirate night...Do we start counting from day one in LA Sunday? So Day 5 is Thursday right?

I'm so sorry.... you're right. It Is day 5, but that's our first day in CABO. sorry for the confusion....i'm on information overload!:headache:

Got my daughter's birth certificate today so now I can finally breathe a sigh of relief!!!

Last day of going to work today!

I'm officially excited now :cool1:

I'm confused too...it was the Target pharmacist who recommended me the Bonine for kids....arghh!! I'm calling Kaiser right now.

I think it was the Target pharmacist who suggested bonine for my kids too. I didn't even buy the "kids" version- when we first used it DD was nearly 12, and I've always just broken one pill in half for DS since he's a slim fellow.

They've used it on 4 cruises, and it works like a charm. The only time they ever got sick, was the last night of our Eastern with 15 foot waves and we had forgotten to give them the bonnie at exactly the 24 hour mark. :headache: My kids get sick at the drop of a hat. Bonine has been our friend for sure! Just remember if you take it, start the night before you leave. Then it's already in your system, and take it at bedtime every night.

I think it was the Target pharmacist who suggested bonine for my kids too. I didn't even buy the "kids" version- when we first used it DD was nearly 12, and I've always just broken one pill in half for DS since he's a slim fellow.

They've used it on 4 cruises, and it works like a charm. The only time they ever got sick, was the last night of our Eastern with 15 foot waves and we had forgotten to give them the bonnie at exactly the 24 hour mark. :headache: My kids get sick at the drop of a hat. Bonine has been our friend for sure! Just remember if you take it, start the night before you leave. Then it's already in your system, and take it at bedtime every night.

I picked up some chewable ginger wafers at the health food store called Ginger Trips. The lady there told me they work really well. I think I'll pick up some Bonine, too, though. We've never cruised before, so I don't really know what to expect. My son does get car sick, of course he has no problem on any rides, so maybe it's just more sick of the car :laughing:

I picked up some chewable ginger wafers at the health food store called Ginger Trips. The lady there told me they work really well. I think I'll pick up some Bonine, too, though. We've never cruised before, so I don't really know what to expect. My son does get car sick, of course he has no problem on any rides, so maybe it's just more sick of the car :laughing:

I'm just hoping my kids will be so excited that they won't even think about the sickness. Thats the main reason we have a cabin on deck one - its supposed to dramatically reduce 'sway' - well, I can't do anything about it!!!

Did someone say FIVE DAYS LEFT!!!! :cheer2:

Oooh, you guys are good!!! Your kids are going to be so surprised!!!

On a side note, is your husband an Angels fan? My husband has done broadcasting for the Angels for the past 3 seasons (pre/post game shows, etc.). Maybe they can talk Angels Baseball on the cruise. I'm not a baseball fan, so I'm always happy when DH finds someone he can talk baseball with. :)

If I can figure out how to use DD's little video camera, I will videotape their reactions when we get to the port. One of two things will happen with our surprise:
1) they will be so absorbed by their I-touches and expecting a long drive they won't realize we're not heading towards Arizona at all until we pull up; or
2) they will get suspicious that we are driving west and REALLY start asking questions once we pass LAX area and go south. I hope they don't guess it before we get there!

Sasha, my DH would love to talk baseball with your DH! He's a big Angels fan for sure.

Hi everyone!

I am getting excited but still have so much to do before Sunday.

I can't help with the sea sickness debate - none of us get sea sick so we don't take anything - I am hoping for calm waters for all of you!

Our FE gifts are 100% complete and most of our clothes are stacked and waiting for the suitcases.

I have made plans for dinner for Saturday night with my family who are arriving on Saturday morning.

My DD and I have cookie sales all the way through Saturday afternoon so we will be busy with that as well. She s less then 200 boxes away from her goal and we are hoping she hits it soon!

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :banana:

Thanks for the info. It's my kids first cruise so i'm hoping they don't get sea sick:scared1::scared1:

Just heard the weather report and they REMOVED the chance of rain for Sunday. They said it will rain on Saturday, but Sunday (marathon day here in L.A.) should be dry. ***Fingers Crossed***

Does it ever make your kids sleepy during the day? I like the idea of taking it at night, but I would hate for my girls to be drowsy during the day.

If I can figure out how to use DD's little video camera, I will videotape their reactions when we get to the port. One of two things will happen with our surprise:
1) they will be so absorbed by their I-touches and expecting a long drive they won't realize we're not heading towards Arizona at all until we pull up; or
2) they will get suspicious that we are driving west and REALLY start asking questions once we pass LAX area and go south. I hope they don't guess it before we get there!

Sasha, my DH would love to talk baseball with your DH! He's a big Angels fan for sure.

Perfect! Also, I hope you can get your daughter's video camera to work. Would love to see their reactions!

I forgot to write down when the cruise meet is on the cruise? It is on Sunday, right?

Sunday at 2:30 at the Promenade Lounge. :)

Hot and Sunny in PV and Cabo, though! Temp 29-32°C (I have NO idea what that is in "English," but it's hot for a Canadian). Two working days to go, and both my daughter and I are so excited we cannot think straight anymore...

Charlene :yay:

Well I packed last weekend because I don't have time to do it this week. I am getting so excited. We have one more hurdle to jump over before we go. My dad has a stress test sch. for tomorrow then we will be free. I am here at work surfing the disboard wishing that it was Saturday and we were on our way. See you soon. deanna:surfweb:

Just heard the weather report and they REMOVED the chance of rain for Sunday. They said it will rain on Saturday, but Sunday (marathon day here in L.A.) should be dry. ***Fingers Crossed***

I've got two friends running the marathon, hoping for dry weather for them! I can't imagine how miserable it would be wet and cold. One is hoping to qualify for Boston so good weather would be a big plus!

Does it ever make your kids sleepy during the day? I like the idea of taking it at night, but I would hate for my girls to be drowsy during the day.

QUOTE]

I have never tried the bonine in the day. I have used the non-drowsy dramamine, and benadryl for my kids before with flying and long car drives. Both made them very sleepy. I think the pharmacist recommended at bedtime and it has worked very well. They both tend to get carsick etc but oddly enough never get sick on the teacups, Star Tours, etc! :confused3

My DS has a bad sinus infection...he's been sick off and on for the last month and finally got a good diagnosis today. So he has antibiotics that need to be refrigerated. I asked my TA to request a refrigerator rather than a cooler for our room (our last cat 5 room on the Wonder had a refrigerator rather than a cooler). Has anyone ever made this request before?

I have been working on some magnets today. I am SO ready to go on vacation!
DisFamMagnet.jpg

It's tiny, but you get the idea. I was proud of myself, the first one I have made!

One more working day and we are off! yeee hawww!!!!
I hope I brought enough gifts for the kids at the kids meet. All I can say is I hit a jackpot for tween girls and any little girls like mine who think they are teenagers. Can't wait to meet you all. See you on the cruise!

One more working day and we are off! yeee hawww!!!!
I hope I brought enough gifts for the kids at the kids meet. All I can say is I hit a jackpot for tween girls and any little girls like mine who think they are teenagers. Can't wait to meet you all. See you on the cruise!

You are too nice - the kids will all be so excited :banana::banana::banana:

Can't wait to meet you xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter