• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March 20th 2011 sailing

DH told the kids we are going to Arizona to watch the Angels spring training over spring break next week. They are so NOT thrilled...they hate baseball and he loves it. He even took them shopping for new Angels gear. :rotfl2:
Boy are they going to be surprised!!Christine

Oooh, you guys are good!!! Your kids are going to be so surprised!!!

On a side note, is your husband an Angels fan? My husband has done broadcasting for the Angels for the past 3 seasons (pre/post game shows, etc.). Maybe they can talk Angels Baseball on the cruise. I'm not a baseball fan, so I'm always happy when DH finds someone he can talk baseball with. :)

Just printed my first magnet picture, turned out great.....then the stupid printer jammed the second one :scared1:, can't figure out how to get it out, rats!:mad:

Guess I'll move on to more packing and hubby can de-jam it when he gets home.

Just got off the phone with DCL and was told that formal night is on the 2nd night. I know there's been some discrepancy about whether it's night #2 or #3, but the CM just told me it's definitely night #2.

Just thought I'd share....

Just got off the phone with DCL and was told that formal night is on the 2nd night. I know there's been some discrepancy about whether it's night #2 or #3, but the CM just told me it's definitely night #2.

Just thought I'd share....

Do you know if Pirate night is day #4?

Oooh, you guys are good!!! Your kids are going to be so surprised!!!

On a side note, is your husband an Angels fan? My husband has done broadcasting for the Angels for the past 3 seasons (pre/post game shows, etc.). Maybe they can talk Angels Baseball on the cruise. I'm not a baseball fan, so I'm always happy when DH finds someone he can talk baseball with. :)

OMG... please take my DH along!! He eats, sleeps, and breaths baseball. HUGE Dodger fan since we're originally from LA, but also Angels and Padres. He bought tickets to the Angels VS Yankees game for Sept already... and he has season tickets to the Padres this year. My boys no doubt have it embedded in their blood.....

I'm glad he'll have someone to talk to...:banana::banana:

OMG... please take my DH along!! He eats, sleeps, and breaths baseball. HUGE Dodger fan since we're originally from LA, but also Angels and Padres. He bought tickets to the Angels VS Yankees game for Sept already... and he has season tickets to the Padres this year. My boys no doubt have it embedded in their blood.....

I'm glad he'll have someone to talk to...:banana::banana:

For sure!!! My husband used to travel with the Dodgers and did their pre/post game shows & interviews also, so he knows a lot about them as well. Plus, both DH & I were both born and raised in Los Angeles (the Valley), so we grew up with the Dodgers. :)

Our husbands will have a great time talking baseball on the cruise! Are you guys going to the Meet & Greet on the first day?

i'm guessing the bonine for kids is for 12 and up? not sure...maybe the ped i spoke with didn't know there was a "for kids" option? check the bottle you have and see what it says. also for the one who has heavier kids, i agree, meds for kids are based more correctly on weight, i have to do the opposite tho b/c mine are smaller than average, so tho i have an almost 9 yo he is only a little over 50 lbs so definitely still in the "kid" range for dosage, lol! and my 7 yo wears the clothes of a 5 yo...

for any of this info given here, just take it and use it for yourself and what you feel comfortable with. no need to try and convince anyone to go either way. i was in no way trying to make anyone feel badly if they do give it to their kids, only providing info that i had been given. i'm going to buy the benadryl to go meds, while i'm there tho i will look for bonine for kids and see what the packaging says. even still they DID just pull cough/cold meds for kids b/c even tho it was on the mkt it wasn't recommended so...sometimes going by the med lit is the only way to know what the current thoughts are, and then of course do what you feel comfortable with.

off soapbox now, lol! FE is cut out, sewing begins next!!:woohoo:

I'm confused on the bonine thing. Not that we need it. Fortunately none of us get sea sick. But, I looked on line and they have childrens' bonine for 6 years old and up.

Bookite, are your kids younger than 6?

Where is the reveal supposed to be? And if anyone gets upgraded at port, how do we know? So much swirling around in my mind!

Lydia

Let me just vent and say that I wish my FE would arrive!!! It is the last thing on my giant list that I'm stressing over. The ebay seller promised it on Monday...but now it's Tuesday and it's not here. :confused3

I wish there was something I could do. If I had known it was going to be this large a headache I would have just made one myself.

Everything else I ordered--pirate costumes, magnet paper, special FE items--they all arrived much sooner than the shipping had indicated. :mad:

Let me just vent and say that I wish my FE would arrive!!! It is the last thing on my giant list that I'm stressing over. The ebay seller promised it on Monday...but now it's Tuesday and it's not here. :confused3

I wish there was something I could do. If I had known it was going to be this large a headache I would have just made one myself.

Everything else I ordered--pirate costumes, magnet paper, special FE items--they all arrived much sooner than the shipping had indicated. :mad:

Don't sweat it. It will be here and it's not, lots of people just use a gift bag to hang outside their door. It works just fine. Then when you get home just give the seller some bad feedback. Also, I have an FE that you can use. It's pink with minnie mouse on it. It has three pockets. Nothing fancy, but it works. Let me know if you haven't got it by Thursday.

If you are participating in the Secret Mickey, I have a time for the reveal:

Saturday afternoon, 2pm at Diversions.

I have looked at the navigators and it looks like this is a good time. Hopefully our navigators are similar.

I will give out little reminders during the cruise.

Here is the Secret Mickey reveal info.

If your SM changes room, I will let you know once they let me know.

Ok, finally able to take out the suitcases now... too much work travel to pay attention to packing. Hope I don't forget stuff!

about 10 days ago, I was told that Pirate night is day 5, our 2nd day in Cabo. Makes sense since we're back on the ship early...

Isn't Day 5 our first day in Cabo? I'm confused which night is pirate night...Do we start counting from day one in LA Sunday? So Day 5 is Thursday right?

Do your girls usually get sick? My husband gets horrible motion sickness but on our last cruise he just felt vaguely nauseated, never really got sick. I have heard that kids don't get as sick as adults usually (although I know some do). I am confused as to why they make and market Bonine for kids if it's not ok for kids??? That's so strange. I'm going to talk to my pharmacist friend tomorrow.

I'm confused too...it was the Target pharmacist who recommended me the Bonine for kids....arghh!! I'm calling Kaiser right now.

i'm guessing the bonine for kids is for 12 and up? not sure...maybe the ped i spoke with didn't know there was a "for kids" option? check the bottle you have and see what it says. also for the one who has heavier kids, i agree, meds for kids are based more correctly on weight, i have to do the opposite tho b/c mine are smaller than average, so tho i have an almost 9 yo he is only a little over 50 lbs so definitely still in the "kid" range for dosage, lol! and my 7 yo wears the clothes of a 5 yo...

for any of this info given here, just take it and use it for yourself and what you feel comfortable with. no need to try and convince anyone to go either way. i was in no way trying to make anyone feel badly if they do give it to their kids, only providing info that i had been given. i'm going to buy the benadryl to go meds, while i'm there tho i will look for bonine for kids and see what the packaging says. even still they DID just pull cough/cold meds for kids b/c even tho it was on the mkt it wasn't recommended so...sometimes going by the med lit is the only way to know what the current thoughts are, and then of course do what you feel comfortable with.

off soapbox now, lol! FE is cut out, sewing begins next!!:woohoo:

The one i bought is a chewable for 6yrs old and up, i'm really hoping my kids don't have to use it...cross my fingers...i heard ginger pills or ginger tea also work.

For sure!!! My husband used to travel with the Dodgers and did their pre/post game shows & interviews also, so he knows a lot about them as well. Plus, both DH & I were both born and raised in Los Angeles (the Valley), so we grew up with the Dodgers. :)

Our husbands will have a great time talking baseball on the cruise! Are you guys going to the Meet & Greet on the first day?

Yes, we will be there. Can't wait to meet you all.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter