• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March 20th 2011 sailing

Wondering about how to get involved in the FE? Sounds like so much fun.

Unfortunately the fe lists have been closed, but if you would like to open up a quick sign up for a new group, feel free. There are several new people who have joined the thread that might be interested.

Welcome to the group! Hope to see you at the meet the first day.

Thanks Susan.
Where and when is this meet on the first day? Do you mean set sail day? What is the magnet thing about? I feel out of the loop with all this :confused3
Anyone have "not to be missed" tips?
Thanks!

Ruby (10) is a bit apprehensive about formal night. She has a lovely formal dress, but is worried no other girls her age will be dressing up. What are the other tween girls planning to wear on formal night?princess:

Charlene

Also, we're having an informal meet-up at 7 PM in the lobby of the Doubletree on Saturday evening.

Ruby (10) is a bit apprehensive about formal night. She has a lovely formal dress, but is worried no other girls her age will be dressing up. What are the other tween girls planning to wear on formal night?princess:

Charlene

My dd14 will be wearing a a fancy dress from Kohls. She actually has 2 dresses that she's bringing. One is from the kids dept and one is from the juniors dept but both are modest (no plunging necklines, super short skirts etc). They are the kinds of dresses you find at Christmas time- shiny, one has rhinestones around the waist and a bubble skirt, the other has a mesh overlay and both tie around the waist.

She will wear black strappy sandals that are kids sized not womens so no high heels, but they do have a 1 inch chunky heel.

My dd is very petite for her age so she still mostly wears childrens sizes (14) and can just barely fit into a size 0 or 3 in the junior sizes. Those things are usually too big across the shoulders and bust area for her though.

Today and tomorrow we are making sure everyone has proper fitting formal wear, shoes and shorts. I may have to pick up a couple pairs of shorts for dd and ds.

Yesterday I packed our carryon and our medicines and our snacks for the car ride.

Ds just went thru his pins and took out the ones he won't be trading to leave at home. His pin bag was jammed packed and so heavy. Now it's a lot lighter!

Charlene

Grace has a sparkly black and magenta dress for formal night, and a black and white (also sparkly) dress for semi-formal night. She is all about the sparkles :)

Today and tomorrow we are making sure everyone has proper fitting formal wear, shoes and shorts. I may have to pick up a couple pairs of shorts for dd and ds.

Yesterday I packed our carryon and our medicines and our snacks for the car ride.

Ds just went thru his pins and took out the ones he won't be trading to leave at home. His pin bag was jammed packed and so heavy. Now it's a lot lighter!

Had to go buy another swim suit for DD yesterday. It is so difficult to imagine needing shorts because it has been so cold and rainy here in WA.

Charlene

My dd Makenna has 2 dresses, one from the jr dept and one from girls dept. She is leaning towards wearing the girls size 14 one that is sea blue and satin and very flowy but not immodest. She has black strappy sandals with a very small heel and a nice necklace to wear with it. We have a cute blue flower pin we will put in her hair so she will probably look more tropical than formal :-)

Packing today and freaking out about luggage and where to put it in our cabin. We are a family of 5 and we have a cat 4 room but that is still not very much room and I don't want to be tripping over luggage. I have a rather large suitcase, (31 H, 19 W) that I want to make sure can be places under a bed, in a closet, etc so we are not stuck with it taking up valuable floor space. It is about 10-12 inches tall when laid flat.

Thanks for any experienced cruisers who might have some tips on keeping a room of 5 tidy :-) I am excited but STRESSED right now!

Hi All,

I'm new on this thread....trying to figure out the door decorating with the clip art? One week until sail date, not sure if I'll get it done.

We have our family and 3 other families we know going on this cruise. My husband and I did the Mexican Riviera Cruise on a different cruise line for our honeymoon 10 years ago and loved it! We have two girls ages 5 and 3. We are so excited! We have heard wonderful things about this cruise and sailing with Disney. I hope to meet some of you in a week. Any tips regarding the clip art magnent stuff and any other helpful tips would be great.

Thanks!
~Erin :)

Hi All,

I'm new on this thread....trying to figure out the door decorating with the clip art? One week until sail date, not sure if I'll get it done.

We have our family and 3 other families we know going on this cruise. My husband and I did the Mexican Riviera Cruise on a different cruise line for our honeymoon 10 years ago and loved it! We have two girls ages 5 and 3. We are so excited! We have heard wonderful things about this cruise and sailing with Disney. I hope to meet some of you in a week. Any tips regarding the clip art magnent stuff and any other helpful tips would be great.

Thanks!
~Erin :)

Welcome! I also have 2 girls the same age as yours. This is our first cruise and our first trip to DLR. We leave for DLR on Wed morning, the girls will find out just before we go. I'm so excited to tell them!!

There is a forum with lots of great designs, check out Millipie, she had great stuff!
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

YAY!! Someone just off of last week's cruise says that there was a Disney Friends Tea party! :cool1:

So excited to hear this! Not that my 10 year old would be that upset without it, but it seems like a really easy way to get some character interaction without waiting in line.

Does anyone need a pirate costume for a male--it's a teen size but it would definitely fit a small-medium adult. Here's a link to what it looks like:
http://www.jacksparrowcostumes.com/jack_sparrow_costume_teen.html

I ordered a costume for my son and it came without the jacket that he wanted so I ordered another one for him.

Packing today and freaking out about luggage and where to put it in our cabin. We are a family of 5 and we have a cat 4 room but that is still not very much room and I don't want to be tripping over luggage. I have a rather large suitcase, (31 H, 19 W) that I want to make sure can be places under a bed, in a closet, etc so we are not stuck with it taking up valuable floor space. It is about 10-12 inches tall when laid flat.

Thanks for any experienced cruisers who might have some tips on keeping a room of 5 tidy :-) I am excited but STRESSED right now!

the beds are on platforms so you can't slide it under your bed... BUT... I read that you can LIFT the whole bed pretty easily, and slide it under the hollow platform and TA-DA!! out of the way.....:yay:

the beds are on platforms so you can't slide it under your bed... BUT... I read that you can LIFT the whole bed pretty easily, and slide it under the hollow platform and TA-DA!! out of the way.....:yay:

Thanks, sounds like this will be our solution! I hate my big suitcase but with FE stuff and o†her items I keep amassing, I am thinking it is the one to take.

There are no size restrictions correct? I am a cruise newbie so I am trying to imagine how we are going to get around the terminal with all our crap. We are going early as we want to inquire about a possible upgrade so we will be standing around waiting a good part of the day. My husband is the KING of "hurry up and wait" ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter