• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March 20th 2011 sailing

Too funny!!!! Awesome, well lets get them together - i've been told that they are not too specific on the 'check in' times. My gf's time was 1.30-2 & she checked in at 10am!!! Her only advice is that there is NOTHING except a TV playing disney movies & a snack machine in the terminal - so take snacks/drinks & stuff for the kids - I'm driving, so I'm bringing a ton of sticker books/snacks/drinks & the ipads - so send the kids over my way:rotfl2:

Not much different than waiting at the airport though! I'll make sure my kids have something to do.

We plan to be there fairly early. Who cares if we have to wait around at the port, it's either that or wait around at the hotel...

I went on a fruitless search for FE items today. I was very irritated. I may have to head out again tomorrow.

I am having serious problems talking myself out of going to Disneyland for the day on Saturday the 19th. There are so many reasons why this is too expensive and impractical for the short amount of time...but I seriously love the place and I am being the strong person saying "no". All my husband would need was a slight inclination of the head in the yes direction and we'd be there for the day. :sad2:

I really wanted to take Andre to Disneyland, but we decided to take a later flight and skip the big bucks it would cost for one day at the park. It's hard to be so close and not go. :sad1:

I'll be on the hunt for FE items on Friday...think I'll check out the dollar store, Target and Michael's.

We'll be at the Doubletree Saturday night and hopefully be getting the early shuttle over to the terminal.

Hey everyone! We are driving over from Tucson on Saturday and staying at a Holiday Inn near Disneyland. We don't have park passes so we are just doing some shopping at Downtown Disney and getting some dinner. Also the kids will pin trade with the CM's in the stores. I'm sad we can't go into DL but the cost for a few hours was way more than we wanted to fork out.:teacher:

We plan on getting to the port early so you can look for us. Not sure what we will be wearing yet.... my kids have DCL tshirts so probably those for them. We will be with our friends who have a 9, 7 and 4 year old and another family who have a 6 and a 4 year old. We are beyond excited!! :banana: But still need to do so much to get ready.

I've still got shopping to do and tons of packing/organizing.

Just joining these boards. We are from Tucson and heading out for this cruise on the 19th too. We are spending the night in San Pedro but going to Downtown Disney before. From Tucson there are 4 of us me, dw, ds (12) and ds (9). Hope I those abbreviations right. There will be 14 others joinging us from Phoenix on the cruise. We are so excited. Hope everyone has a great cruise.

Just joining these boards. We are from Tucson and heading out for this cruise on the 19th too. We are spending the night in San Pedro but going to Downtown Disney before. From Tucson there are 4 of us me, dw, ds (12) and ds (9). Hope I those abbreviations right. There will be 14 others joinging us from Phoenix on the cruise. We are so excited. Hope everyone has a great cruise.

Welcome! I'm so glad to see mention of another 12 year old boy, I have one too. We're planning to spend some time in Downtown Disney on the 19th as well, it's the closest we're getting to Disneyland on this trip unfortunately!

Thanks for the welcome. There will be 2 other boys both 11 with us too. My son is very excited about the Edge.
We debated on Disneyland but just did in Decembers so decided to hold off this time. Still enjoy Downtown Disney.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this link!! I spent the last hour going through the entire thing..what AMAZING info! I finally feel like I'm ready to go and will be prepared!!

Couple questions for you experienced cruisers....

What is the cost/details of the "alcohol program" I can't find anything current on it...is it a good deal..etc
What about buying bottled water when you board..still avail and a good idea?
What about booking excursions not through DCL? I'm a little weary of this with the current situation in Mexico

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome. There will be 2 other boys both 11 with us too. My son is very excited about the Edge.
We debated on Disneyland but just did in Decembers so decided to hold off this time. Still enjoy Downtown Disney.

I have a 13 and 9 year old son, they will be thrilled to know there are more boys near their age!!

I know this sounds totally silly, but I can't wait until Monday so my ticker will be down to just days :lmao: I cannot believe its down to less than two weeks!!! :cool1: I posted my ticker with over 9 months to go :goodvibes

Here's the info from the wine packages. You would just have to make the decision whether or not this is a good deal for you. Your other option is to go to the grocery store before you board and carry on your own wine.

Premium Wine Packages

Item BEV7N PREM WINE: 7 Nights of Premium Wine, $292
Item BEV5N PREM WINE: 5 Nights of Premium Wine, $219
Item BEV4N PREM WINE: 4 Nights of Premium Wine, $174
Item BEV3N PREM WINE: 3 Nights of Premium Wine, $129

Savor the smooth flavor of a premium vintage every night of your voyage. Save up to 25% when purchasing one of our wine packages from our premium offerings. Choose a bottle from the exclusive wine list selected by our onboard sommeliers to pair with your food each night. The wine of your choice will be served at your table. A gift message card will be in your stateroom when you arrive. Present the message card at the indicated location for gift redemption. Please note that the price does not include the 15% gratuity.

White Wines and Sparkling
Rosa Regale Banfi Piedmont, Italy
Conundrum California, USA
Domaine Chandon California, USA
Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc Sonoma County, USA
Iron Horse Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvée Sonoma, USA
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough, New Zealand
La Crema Chardonnay Sonoma Coast California, USA
Moscato Giallo Gaierhof Trentino, Italy
Pinot Grigio Santa Margherita Trentino-Aldige, Italy
Pouilly-Fuissé Louis Jadot, France
Selbach-Oster Riesling Spätlese, Germany

Red Wines
Captain's Choice Cabernet Sauvignon
Santa Barbara County, USA
Château Peymouton Saint-Emilion Grand Cru
Bordeaux, France
Chianti Classico Riserva Banfi Tuscany, Italy
Greg Norman Shiraz Limestone Coast, Australia
Kendall Jackson Vintner's Reserve Merlot California, USA
King Estate Pinot Noir Oregon, USA
Marques de Casa Concha Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile
Melipal Malbec Mendoza, Argentina
Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
Napa Valley California, USA
Download Order Form
The Disney Cruise Line Classic Wine Package Including a Selection of Bottled Wines
Classic Wine Package

Item BEV7N CLAS WINE: 7 Nights of Classic Wine, $189
Item BEV5N CLAS WINE: 5 Nights of Classic Wine, $139
Item BEV4N CLAS WINE: 4 Nights of Classic Wine, $111
Item BEV3N CLAS WINE: 3 Nights of Classic Wine, $84

Enjoy a special vintage every night of your cruise! Save up to 25% when purchasing one of our wine packages from our classic offerings. Choose a bottle from an exclusive wine list selected by our onboard sommeliers to pair with your food each night. The wine of your choice will be served at your table. A gift message card will be in your stateroom when you arrive. Present the message card at the indicated location for gift redemption. Please note that the price does not include the 15% gratuity.

White Wines and Sparkling
Asti Spumante Martini & Rossi Piedmont, Italy
Beringer White Zinfandel California, USA
Captain's Choice Chardonnay Santa Barbara County, USA
Casa Grande Pinot Grigio Veneto, Italy
Chateau St. Michelle Riesling Washington State, USA
Enchanted Rosé Abbazia Piedmont, Italy
Grant Burge Benchmark Chardonnay
Southeast Australia, Australia
Hess Chardonnay Monterey California, USA
Kendall Jackson Chardonnay Vintner's Reserve California, USA
Moscato Allegro California, USA
Murphy-Goode Sauvignon Blanc Sonoma County, USA
Simi Sauvignon Blanc Sonoma County, USA

Red Wines
Beaujolais-Villages Louis Jadot Burgundy, France
Castle Rock Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles California, USA
Centine Rosso Di Toscana Banfi, Italy
Clos Du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon North Coast, USA
Redtree Pinot Noir Sonoma, USA
Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot California, USA
Santa Carolina Reserva Merlot Casablanca Valley, Chile
Wolf Blass Shiraz South Australia, Australia
Zolo Malbec Mendoza, Argentina

If you go to the Gifts and Amenities page on the DCL site there's info on how much the bottled water costs, it's pretty pricey. If you can, that's definitely something I'd carry on. You'd save a lot of money.

We booked one excursion in Cabo not through DCL, I feel totally fine with it. But just do what you're comfortable with.

Wow..thanks SO much for the great info!! I always have such a time finding anything on DCL site!

So after all that AMAZING info (thanks again!) I don't drink wine :lmao:
Any info on beer or coctail packages? On my way to check it out online, but thought I'd ask :) Thanks!!!

Wow..thanks SO much for the great info!! I always have such a time finding anything on DCL site!

So after all that AMAZING info (thanks again!) I don't drink wine :lmao:
Any info on beer or coctail packages? On my way to check it out online, but thought I'd ask :) Thanks!!!

You can pre-buy cans of beer, although the prices are horrendous and you'd be better off carrying it on if you can. You can also purchase the beer mug, which I think is $14.95 and you get 22 oz refills of draft beer for the 16 oz. price. Not sure what that price is, but if you don't want to carry beer on, that seems like the best deal, plus you get a cool mug. I think my husband may do this because he's the main beer drinker in our family.

Not sure if you can pre-purchase any cocktails, I don't see that anywhere.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this link!! I spent the last hour going through the entire thing..what AMAZING info! I finally feel like I'm ready to go and will be prepared!!

Couple questions for you experienced cruisers....

What is the cost/details of the "alcohol program" I can't find anything current on it...is it a good deal..etc
What about buying bottled water when you board..still avail and a good idea?
What about booking excursions not through DCL? I'm a little weary of this with the current situation in Mexico

Thanks!

As for the bottled water, the prices are shocking to say the least:scared1:
I carried on last time at the suggestion of another cruising family, and it was well worth it. Also, our son is allergic to carbonated beverages, and so he doesn't have to fill up on Lemonade all the time, we will be taking the single packs of kool-aid for him to empty into the water bottles and shake up. They do this at home for lunch time at school and love it.

Excursions NOT through Disney... Well,I think that's a personal decision. Both me and my DH are very familiar with Mexico, and the language/customs. I spent almost every weekend in Baja growing up at our family 's house down there....

As long as you know where to go, and feel comfortable, we feel it's fine. We are doing things on our own, in the interest of saving some serious $$. Last time we cruised on the Magic in the Caribbean, we found that the excursions that we had booked thru Disney, could have just as easily been booked at the Port itself, after docking. And at a significant savings. For example, we could have rented a jeep thru Disney at Cozumel, but decided to rent one directly from Alamo once we got there. We paid $80 for the whole day, including extra insurance. Thru Disney, it would have cost us around $340.

In Puerto Vallarta, we are planning on checking out anything offered at the dock thru a reputable company, and in Cabo.... hitting the beach or an all inclusive resort. Disney offers the all inclusive resorts, but you can easily do that on your own and save some serious money$$.

Search the boards for trip reports and ideas, as some people have already done this and can recommend what they did. Good Luck!;);)

Hello everyone :wave:.

Hope everyone is getting excited for the cruise (I know I am :banana:). I haven't started packing yet, but I've made a list of things not to forget.

I just wanted to thank Vegaslover (Lydia) for keeping track of the kids meet on the 1st day and Cruisnindisney (Susan) for putting together the Secret Mickey exchange. Also to the ladies who are coordinating the FE, but since I'm not participating, I can't remember who they are :laughing:. But you are appreciated :thumbsup2.

I just wanted to stick my nose in to see how everyone's doing and say hi.

:),
Katie

It's all good. we have lots of people signed up, so it should be fun. This doesn't even count the people who show up and don't sign up. Truthfully, I've never seen a big turn out for the meet and greet. But, that's okay! I just can't wait to put some usernames with some faces.

My husband and I will be going on this cruise! Our first cruise ever! :cheer2:

So excited!

Welcome :banana: You are going to have a BLAST - & if you don't have kids - I'm apologizing in advance for mine :rolleyes1

No worries! I have 32 kids of my own .. for five days a week. I think I can handle a few more. Er...I'm a teacher. Hehe! Can't wait for my Spring Break!!!

No worries! I have 32 kids of my own .. for five days a week. I think I can handle a few more. Er...I'm a teacher. Hehe! Can't wait for my Spring Break!!!

Ohhhh what grade? My 2nd grader needs a little math help & my 4 year old needs blending help - maybe I could just leave them with you by the pool, while I grab some drinks? Cause I'm sure you will be sitting at the kid pool with the mickey slide - right? I mean, who would want to sit at the nice quiet adult pool :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, you guys will have an awesome time - I went on a Disney Cruise with my hubby before kids & we loved it!

Ohhhh what grade? My 2nd grader needs a little math help & my 4 year old needs blending help - maybe I could just leave them with you by the pool, while I grab some drinks? Cause I'm sure you will be sitting at the kid pool with the mickey slide - right? I mean, who would want to sit at the nice quiet adult pool :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, you guys will have an awesome time - I went on a Disney Cruise with my hubby before kids & we loved it!

Haha! I teach 4th graders. Uh...are adults allowed to ride the mickey slide??? =D

I just read on a trip report that the first shuttle from the Doubletree now leaves at 9:30. That's a huge relief for me! I was prepared to get a taxi so I could be there earlier, but now I don't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter