• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder March 20th 2011 sailing

We also have late dining. DH and I like not having to get ready so early for dinner and DGS who is 9 yr. is used to eating later anyway. I'm hoping he can meet some boys his age at the meet at 2:30, he is a little nervous about going to the kis club without knowing someone already.

I plan on going to the meet too and my son is 9 :) He's been emailing with one boy already. There should be several boys around that age. Send me a pm if your grandson wants to email or text with my son. He usually doesn't have much to say, but at least they'll kinda know each other.

so seeing that someone is going to try and get a THIRD wave phone on board made me realize that i'm not sure what all i need to do BEFORE the cruise and what i need to do RIGHT when we get onboard. can anyone help?

do i need to have req's for a wave phone in already? what about for kids to go to the club? (or whatever a 7 and 8 yo would go to).

there is SO much more to this than just paying for the cruise and booking an excursion or two! lol!

help please!!

oh and i have an 8yo boy (and 7 yo girl) and would LOVE to email w/ other kids ahead of time. my ds is a little more shy but only at first, then he is all kinds of friendly and my dd is a social maniac, very outgoing typical chatty cathy. i'll go post on fb about this as well.

my biggest question is about before and right when boarding "to do's"

so seeing that someone is going to try and get a THIRD wave phone on board made me realize that i'm not sure what all i need to do BEFORE the cruise and what i need to do RIGHT when we get onboard. can anyone help?

do i need to have req's for a wave phone in already? what about for kids to go to the club? (or whatever a 7 and 8 yo would go to).

there is SO much more to this than just paying for the cruise and booking an excursion or two! lol!

help please!!

oh and i have an 8yo boy (and 7 yo girl) and would LOVE to email w/ other kids ahead of time. my ds is a little more shy but only at first, then he is all kinds of friendly and my dd is a social maniac, very outgoing typical chatty cathy. i'll go post on fb about this as well.

my biggest question is about before and right when boarding "to do's"

You don't need to request any Wave phones ahead of time, two of them come in your room. I just have a 10 year old and a 12 year old, and I know they won't be together most of the time and I also know they won't be with us some of that time as well. Getting the third phone so that each kid (who are both used to carrying around and using a cell phone anyway) will have a phone.

With the younger kids, I am fairly certain that the kids' club bracelet, in combination with the counselors in the clubs, will get in touch you using your Wave phone, but the kids aren't in that equation (doing the texting or calling). It's more for those kids who are out and about on their own (and their parents, grandparents, etc, as well as adults who want to communicate their location with each other...you get the idea)

As for what you need to do before: basically it's just booking the things you are able to and want to book: spa, Palo, excursions.

thanks for the info on the phones.

so can anyone give me an idea of what might need to be signed up for "right when we get onboard" (i keep hearing this phrase and have lost track of what all the things are) i think signing up kids for the clubs is one of them? is that at port or on board? is there anything else? what abt checking on upgrades or moving ressies? is that in the port or on board. is it before we sail or after?

thanks for putting up w/ my need to clarify!

Lara

thanks for the info on the phones.

so can anyone give me an idea of what might need to be signed up for "right when we get onboard" (i keep hearing this phrase and have lost track of what all the things are) i think signing up kids for the clubs is one of them? is that at port or on board? is there anything else? what abt checking on upgrades or moving ressies? is that in the port or on board. is it before we sail or after?

thanks for putting up w/ my need to clarify!

Lara

At the port: you can check for the availability of upgrades, but there's never a guarantee and I'd guess that there won't be many on our cruise as it seems to be almost sold out, if not totally sold out. But who knows...
You can sign your kids up for the clubs before you board, or you can also do it once you board. I guess it depends on how much time you have waiting around and how long the lines are.

Once on board:
At guest services: sign up for tea party if there is one, sign up for any tastings you want to attend (but you can also sign up for these on the day of the tasting too). Drop off any pillow cases/mats you want to have signed by the characters (doesn't have to be done right away, but best to do it fairly early in the week)
At the specified location (Wavebands I believe, according to the Navigators it was starting at 12:30) you can check on changing dining room assignments (if you want to go late to early or vice versa, but it's always best to get on the wait list now if you want to do this), to make or change Palo reservations.

On the 1/23 cruise, you could also sign up for a galley tour at guest services, I don't know about cruises after that.

Anything else you want to do? I am a major over-planner! LOL

Once on board:
At guest services: sign up for tea party if there is one, sign up for any tastings you want to attend (but you can also sign up for these on the day of the tasting too). Drop off any pillow cases/mats you want to have signed by the characters (doesn't have to be done right away, but best to do it fairly early in the week)

Ohhh I have a question - the pillowcases - that is super cool - so you can drop them off at guest services & they get the characters to sign them??? I didn;t know that! Guess I need to be on the look out for something cute to get signed....... :yay::yay:

Once on board:

Ohhh I have a question - the pillowcases - that is super cool - so you can drop them off at guest services & they get the characters to sign them??? I didn;t know that! Guess I need to be on the look out for something cute to get signed....... :yay::yay:

Yes...we debated doing this but my kids are getting a little old, we're going to do the photo mat though (my husband wants to, he thinks it will look cool, I am a cynic about character autographs but I won't spoil everyone else's fun)
Check out Stinkerbe11's trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2653951 She has a photo of her pillowcases signed by the characters.

I thought I saw a post about a kids facebook group. I would love for my kids to correspond with others before we go. I have two daughters, 13 and 11 and an 8 yr old boy.

I thought I saw a post about a kids facebook group. I would love for my kids to correspond with others before we go. I have two daughters, 13 and 11 and an 8 yr old boy.

I have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son. They are both on the Kids Facebook page and would love to get to know your kids before the cruise!

I have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son. They are both on the Kids Facebook page and would love to get to know your kids before the cruise!

I just wanted to say that I just noticed you don't live far from me. I live in Upland ;).

I have received PMs from the following people for the meet on day 1.
Thanks so much for sending me the info. I'm getting a good estimate on the number of kids and ages.

If there is anyone I have left off, or if there is someone out there who wants to come to the meet on day 1 at 2:30 in the promenade lounge please PM me your username, number of kids, ages and genders. Anyone is welcome to come even if you don't send me a PM. This is just for a kid head count estimate.

30 days really is not going to get here fast enough.

luvcruisindisney
belle'ssister
kkmcan
mamakate
a litle pixie dust
jaurban
annielance
mommykeg
pnwprincess
justkeepswimmin
Neriberi
Lissame
Kailua's Belle
cruisindisney
colmon
bookite
sasha
clarefb
Dayita

One more thing about the FE for everyone, TOMORROW is the last day to sign up!!! So if you have been thinking about it, you have one more day to decide.

Secret Mickey sign-ups end the 20th.

Just learned about the Disboards today. Was looking at Cruise Critic roll calls. What is the Secret Mickey?

Ok so we finally got the facebook kids meet link to work for us and our dd14 (Molly) joined the group! Whohoo!

I thought today I would go thru our pirate stuff and see what we had and what we needed for pirate night.

we wore pirate tshirts and bandanas on our cruise in 2009. I think my ds's tshirt might be too small so I was thinking of getting everyone some sort of puffy white pirate shirt to wear with jeans. need to get to work on that!

What's everyone else doing for pirate night? Full costumes?

I thought today I would go thru our pirate stuff and see what we had and what we needed for pirate night.

we wore pirate tshirts and bandanas on our cruise in 2009. I think my ds's tshirt might be too small so I was thinking of getting everyone some sort of puffy white pirate shirt to wear with jeans. need to get to work on that!

What's everyone else doing for pirate night? Full costumes?

We weren't going to, but my daughter has been looking at peoples' photos on here and really, really wanted us all to dress up. My husband had these grandiose ideas of us finding white puffy shirts at Ross...that just sounded like WAY too much work to me. I ended up buying us all costumes yesterday at www.costumekingdom.com They had really good prices, I was happy with getting four costumes with free shipping for under $100. (Then I went to Zappos.com and bought myself some black boots...shot that budget to pieces, but I'll definitely be able to wear them with more than the pirate costume.)

So, with all of the FE goodies and pirate costumes, I am thinking I will have to send a box ahead of us. Is anyone else planning to do this?

I know there is info out there for the address to FL, but does anyone have the LA info? If not, I will call DCL and get it and post it back here.

Thanks!

Just learned about the Disboards today. Was looking at Cruise Critic roll calls. What is the Secret Mickey?

Here is the info from cruisindisney
Secret Mickey: Email me who you want to sign up for that. Most people are signing up as an individual, but we have one or two families. You can sign up more than one individual in your room as well. For that I need, name, stateroom #, likes, dislikes, favorite character(s) and interests of each person you are signing up.

Here's my email: goofy4disney@gmail.com

I think the deadline is today. So hurry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter