Disney Wonder January 6 2017 - 7 night Bahamas from Galveston

Gus Orozco

Earning My Ears
Well now that we are less than a year out it's time to start a thread for this cruise!!

Please join this thread if you are cruising the beautiful Disney Wonder from Galveston TX January 6-13 2017!!

We are first cruisers and will be traveling with me and my wife and our two sons (6 and 7 years old). This will be our first Disney cruise. We cant stop looking at Disney Cruise videos!

Please chime in if you are sailing the same cruise!

Well now that we are less than a year out it's time to start a thread for this cruise!!

Please join this thread if you are cruising the beautiful Disney Wonder from Galveston TX January 6-13 2017!!

We are first cruisers and will be traveling with me and my wife and our two sons (6 and 7 years old). This will be our first Disney cruise. We cant stop looking at Disney Cruise videos!

Please chime in if you are sailing the same cruise!
Do you want to use this to start your Cruise Meet thread? You need to copy the URL at the top of this page and head over to the "Find your 2017 Wonder Cruise Meet LINK here" thread. There you need to post a request to have your link added to the first (directory) post there. Be sure to paste the copied URL into the request post.

Once AquaDame adds your link to the first post, it's much easier for others on your cruise to find the thread.

We are also sailing on the Wonder from Galveston on 6 January. We are looking forward to a wonderful vacation!

Welcome aboard!!! We are so excited as well! Make sure to join the FB groups..

Welcome!! Make sure to join the FB groups!

Hopefully we have a good group for the FE group!

Do you have a link to the FB page, I can't find it.

Hi All! I am new to these forums! My Family will be on this cruise! Im so excited!! My husband and I have cruised with Princess before. This will be our girls' first cruise and our first disney cruise! My girls will be 3 and 6 when we cruise!

Do any of you have recommendations on Hotel accommodations and transportation?
We'll be flying in on the 5th, since we live in Oregon!

Hello! We will be joining this cruise, as well. Traveling are myself and DH, Mike, with our newly-turned 14-year old DD. we are from Waco, TX. This is our 6th DCL cruise, third on the Wonder, and second time on this same itinerary. I'm the FE coordinator, so if you're interested in joining the FE, PM me.

Hello!

This is the second Disney cruise for my little B and me. The first Disney cruise for my husband and step son! So excited!

Hi All! I am new to these forums! My Family will be on this cruise! Im so excited!! My husband and I have cruised with Princess before. This will be our girls' first cruise and our first disney cruise! My girls will be 3 and 6 when we cruise!

Do any of you have recommendations on Hotel accommodations and transportation?
We'll be flying in on the 5th, since we live in Oregon!

I need some info too if you have a rec. We will be driving in the 5th and spending the night before there so we can be there bright and early! Any suggestions for hotels would be appreciated.

I need some info too if you have a rec. We will be driving in the 5th and spending the night before there so we can be there bright and early! Any suggestions for hotels would be appreciated.
When we've cruised out of Galveston in the past, we've done Hampton Inn's stay, park and cruise package. They shuttle you to port.

My fiance and I will be sailing on this cruise for our honeymoon - very excited! This is our first cruise of any kind, but we love Disney and the parks and can't wait. I was reading about the Fish Extenders and thought it sounded fun!

Yea! I got your message on FB, so I'll get you guys added. Have fun planning the wedding!

Finally found others who will be sailing at the same time as my 2 boys and myself! Question, is there a FE group for this sailing yet?

Finally found others who will be sailing at the same time as my 2 boys and myself! Question, is there a FE group for this sailing yet?
I'm the FE coordinator. If you want to pm your info, I'll add to the spreadsheet. Here's what I need:
Room number
Family name
Adult names
Names, ages and Sex of kids
Favorite characters for each person
Special things to note (e.g., birthdays, anniversaries, first cruise, peanut allergy, no candy/gum, etc)

Also, I'm breaking the groups into 15 cabins so no one gets overextended or anything, so if you want to be in more than one group, just let me know.

Looking forward to cruising with you!

I'm the FE coordinator. If you want to pm your info, I'll add to the spreadsheet. Here's what I need:
Room number
Family name
Adult names
Names, ages and Sex of kids
Favorite characters for each person
Special things to note (e.g., birthdays, anniversaries, first cruise, peanut allergy, no candy/gum, etc)

Also, I'm breaking the groups into 15 cabins so no one gets overextended or anything, so if you want to be in more than one group, just let me know.

Looking forward to cruising with you!
Sent a message!

Hi Everyone,
Excited to go on another Disney Cruise. This will be our 9th Disney cruise and third cruise on the Wonder. Looking forward to seeing the changes from Dry dock this fall.
Was planning to stay at airport (HOU) and then taking a shuttle service to port on the 6th. Does anyone have experience with shuttles from airport to port?

August 2016 update. We switched our reservation to the Dec 2nd cruise. Hope you all have a great time

Last edited:
Hello All! This is our third Disney cruise - first on the Wonder! We've been on the Magic and the Dream and Disney is our favorite cruise line! We are from Houston TX and have season passes to WDW and are DVC members - we love Disney! For those flying into Houston and looking for a place to stay, consider the Hotel Gálvez in Galveston. We have stay there before cruising and they offered parking (for those who drive) and a shuttle to the port. HOU airport area isn't the best area in Houston. Can't wait to cruise Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter