Disney Wonder Jan 23, 2011

One of Lizzy's middle names is Jasmine :)

Andrea

One of Lizzy's middle names is Jasmine :)

Andrea

It's a beautiful name, it seems she has mine name too (Lizzy) -_-

I read about everyone taking time to make magnets for their door so I decided to make mine as well ( talk about time consuming) it took me 6-7 hours to make just a few....

* a little Disney magic*
- on our previous cruise I asked our stateroom hostess to store our bags after we unpacked ( so it wasn't too bulky in our room). She agreed and returned them the day before we departed, I'm sure it varies with every hostess but it doesn't hurt to ask :-).

- Liz stateroom # 6581

Does anybody know what room seemefli and cdnsluvdisney? Oh and what time is everybody planning on being at the port? Did anybody make logo shirts for their family to wear?

Seemifli room number is 6544 but they are not on the final FE list, they were on the Characters of Wonder page as yes, but they are not on the printable FE list. cdnsluvdisney never did give us their room number. I also could not find any posts from them.

How wonderful to do the two cruises back to back! Enjoy your first two days but DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK AND GET THE REST OF US!!!

:dance3:

Yes, I'm very lucky. :banana:

I promise not to forget to come back to get the rest of you. So excited to meet some folks.

Cheryl
I would LOVE to meet for lunch Monday to plan or just to have lunch :-) I think steve was planning a group meet Tues for brunch so lets figure it out on Sun when we meet in the lounge K ? Im game for meeting whenever for Cabo I can totally just tag along and do whatever you want to do or see
CANT WAIT ! Denver is getting thrown in the tub tomorrow or Sat then Sat afternoon we are headed to Orange County to sleep over at a friends and plan to be at the port Sun at 1130 AM
SEE YOU SUNDAY YIPPEE !

Hi, All! I know I'm jumping in late... but my best friend is going to be on this cruise! I'm making her some door magnets (she'd never heard of doing that)... She's had a very rough couple of years (husband passed away after a long bout of cancer) and this is hopefully the start of many happy ones with her boyfriend and daughter... If anyone would be willing to play Fairy Godmother (or father), would you be willing to slip a happy note under her door or if you have any extra generic magnets, slap them on her door?

Sorry for the last minute-ness... I was talking to another DIS friend who suggested that maybe someone from the DIS cruise boards might be able to help make a little magic for this family... If you're willing, let me know :)

Thanks!!!! -Lisa :) :) :)

Oops! The photos are in reverse order in the photobucket link in my previous post :confused3 Just click on slideshow, then on "slow" and "reverse order" at the bottom corner of the slide show and they will make more sense! :teacher:

Hi, All! I know I'm jumping in late... but my best friend is going to be on this cruise! I'm making her some door magnets (she'd never heard of doing that)... She's had a very rough couple of years (husband passed away after a long bout of cancer) and this is hopefully the start of many happy ones with her boyfriend and daughter... If anyone would be willing to play Fairy Godmother (or father), would you be willing to slip a happy note under her door or if you have any extra generic magnets, slap them on her door?

Sorry for the last minute-ness... I was talking to another DIS friend who suggested that maybe someone from the DIS cruise boards might be able to help make a little magic for this family... If you're willing, let me know :)

Thanks!!!! -Lisa :) :) :)

* What is her stateroom # and names? I'd love to. *My husband just put his granma to rest a couple days ago and I'm hoping this cruise brings magic to him as well :-).

You guys are giving me goosebumps because you are so wonderful and nice! What special people to make this magic :)

Names are: Kathy (the best friend), Marc (her really nice boyfriend), and Alex (short for Alexandra) they are in room 1040. I'm running the printouts through the xyron magnet maker tomorrow morning :)

If anyone has some cute ideas I can throw on a magnet, let me know :)

We're in too...

- Steve and Cheryl

You guys are giving me goosebumps because you are so wonderful and nice! What special people to make this magic :)

Names are: Kathy (the best friend), Marc (her really nice boyfriend), and Alex (short for Alexandra) they are in room 1040. I'm running the printouts through the xyron magnet maker tomorrow morning :)

Cari,

We'll plan on lunch Monday with you to finalize our Cabo plans.

We're having a bittersweet evening here, our last with Keno. I'm sure you understand...

- Cheryl & Steve

Cheryl
I would LOVE to meet for lunch Monday to plan or just to have lunch :-) I think steve was planning a group meet Tues for brunch so lets figure it out on Sun when we meet in the lounge K ? Im game for meeting whenever for Cabo I can totally just tag along and do whatever you want to do or see
CANT WAIT ! Denver is getting thrown in the tub tomorrow or Sat then Sat afternoon we are headed to Orange County to sleep over at a friends and plan to be at the port Sun at 1130 AM
SEE YOU SUNDAY YIPPEE !

Me too. Hurray! I love to make magic pixiedust:

I'd alllow 1/2 hour to walk back to where you board the tenders from Cabo Wabo. (You must be a fast walker to do it in 10 minutes Kris!) My hubby says 20 minutes, so let's split the difference... So it would be better if we could start the Cabo Wabo fest around noon. I know people are getting back from activities at 12:30 or so but they could join in then...l

I was there in August, and it seemed (based on the signs), that the tenders come farther into the marina now, so you're closer to downtown than in the past. I could be wrong, but even if it were a 5 minute walk I would never cut it closer than a half hour. I'm already concerned about leaving at 11 a.m. for the ship tomorrow, even though we should have 3 extra hours if something bad happens (flat tire, accident, etc.).

-----------------------------------------

Received a call from my SIL telling me that our niece is ill and has a GI illness. They're suppose to be on the 2-day cruise with us tomorrow. She goes to the doctor in the morning, but in all likelihood they won't be able to go. Thank goodness for travel insurance or they'd be out some serious $$$.

Kris

Kris,

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. Was she also going to be on our week-long cruise? Such bad timing for GI problems -- even before getting to Mexico! ;) I've never gotten travel insurance but there are those times...

You might be right about the time to walk to Cabo Wabo if the tenders are docking closer to town now. When we were there in May, the tenders docked at the outermost part of the marina and it took about 10 minutes just to get to the edge of the marina. Things might certainly have changed. Details like this are definitely hard to pin down.

It sounds like the Cabo Wabo crowd will be convening around noon or later, depending on their morning activities. Hopefully we won't be hard to spot. I'm counting on those wristbands so we can identify each other! And we can finalize our plans at our Sunday 2:30-3:30 meet & greet! :banana:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your niece!

Cheers,
Cheryl & Steve

I was there in August, and it seemed (based on the signs), that the tenders come farther into the marina now, so you're closer to downtown than in the past. I could be wrong, but even if it were a 5 minute walk I would never cut it closer than a half hour. I'm already concerned about leaving at 11 a.m. for the ship tomorrow, even though we should have 3 extra hours if something bad happens (flat tire, accident, etc.).

-----------------------------------------

Received a call from my SIL telling me that our niece is ill and has a GI illness. They're suppose to be on the 2-day cruise with us tomorrow. She goes to the doctor in the morning, but in all likelihood they won't be able to go. Thank goodness for travel insurance or they'd be out some serious $$$.

Kris

Cheryl,

Thanks My SIL's family are/were(?) on the 2-day only; we were doing the two day with them and then staying onboard for the MR. The kids are really bummed. We'll see what the doctor says tomorrow, but if it is GI I don't want them near my DS until they're better. As for Cabo, I was last there in August, but they were having some sewage issues in the marina, so it could have caused me to misjudge the distance as we were detouring, shopping, etc.

Kris

It looks like we'll be on a couple of the same excursions - we're whale watching, too. But no Cabo Wabo for us - the kids will be along, my husband has never had a drink (yeah, I know), and last time I drank in Mexico, I ended up dancing on the tables, singing La Bamba at the top of my lungs in the taxi (much to the taxi driver's glee), and realizing that Fernie, who was funny at Papa's & Beer, wasn't so funny when he showed up at the dock calling to me in a Spanish I couldn't understand because none of the words appear in the lyrics of La Bamba.

It was a confusing time. :rotfl2:

Ding, ding, ding! Congratulations Julie. You just moved to the top of the list of DISers I gotta meet. I'll buy the first round. Let's really embarrass our kids and spouses! I've never been drunk enough to sing but I can play a mean air guitar. Our new band can really use you. Dave and Kris would agree. Give it some thought. :thumbsup2

I think steve was planning a group meet Tues for brunch so lets figure it out on Sun when we meet in the lounge K

We were thinking noon but I'd like to see about moving that out to 1pm or possibly to another day as quite a few of us have a Palo brunch at 10:30 on Tuesday. I don't think anyone came to an agreement so we'll wait and chat about it in the Promenade and decide on something.

Another Xyron fan here! I love mine and talk about it like most men brag about their muscle cars or power tools. I made some pretty cool stuff for this trip. If you can send me a quick PM with your email address and I'll send you some cool generic images we used for our a few of our door magnets.

We have a few extra gifts and I'd love to share them with your friends.

Well, this is most likely my last post before flying out tomorrow morning. I hope Ludari, Jessica & Ryan, Kris & fam, and anyone I missed (sorry!) have an awesome time on the 2-nighter. Be sure to warn the crew that Dave is coming. He's not the kind of guy you want to just spring one someone.

Safe travels everyone and I can't wait to meet y'all!

(Can someone with southern roots verify my usage of the term y'all as being correct? And by southern I don't mean Chula Vista.)

-steve

Count us in for some extra magic too !!! Thats sooooo sweet to be thinking of your friend like that ! I wont have time to make another fish extender but I can whip up a cute bag and hang it outside her door since it sounds like some of us will add her to the FEs

Cheryl - Ok I cried when I read your post ... I got very choked up and even now as I type I am tearing up .... I want to say Thank You for raising Keno . This is the TOUGHEST part of being a raiser . I just look at Denver and think to myself where would I be without my dog ? I would not be as independent as I am at this moment in my life and this is all possible because someone JUST LIKE YOU AND DAVE raised a dog and were not selfish and gave it back :lovestruc Kudos to you and big huge hugs - SEE This cruise was a blessing :-) You will have an easier time coping when you spend the week with me and see what wonderful things Denver and Hamlet Do for me Amber and even her husband and kids. You are amazing and I know Keno will be a great guide dog :-) Hang in there I know it is tough I have let a few go myself as I train Service dogs for the disabled . When they come for advanced traning some come to me - It is SO HARD letting them go but when they are paired with their person it makes it worth it !
ok got to stop .... Just know I think your amazing

See everyone soon woo hoo

oh also what age is your friends daughter lisa?

Just back from Disneyland today (and Styx at HOB in Dowtown Disney). DL was virtually empty! We didn't wait a minute to go on any ride. Lots of construction though. Splash Mountain was down, as were a few others. Anyone going before the cruise MUST see World of Color in California Adventure. It is one of the most amazing shows ever. We'll be in the parks Saturday late afternoon and night. If any of you are going to be there, send me a text or call and we'll say hi. 619-997-2368.

I'm working on some extra FE's tomorrow, so we can get everyone. I just hope I have all of the newest people. I have someone's very cool map, but I know there's more to list.

Jess drove our Vette Roadster home, which always makes me nervous, but she got from DL to Mt. Helix in 75 minutes. I have no idea how. So now I need to drink heavily and pass out.

Almost time!!!!!!!

Dave

Seemifli room number is 6544 but they are not on the final FE list, they were on the Characters of Wonder page as yes, but they are not on the printable FE list. cdnsluvdisney never did give us their room number. I also could not find any posts from them.

the list i just printed has seemifli as room #6533 is it really 6544?

I also took cdnsluvdisney off my list... i wish before i made their custom gifts i had noticed the no room #.. haha oh well..

Andrea in vegas-- SOO READY TO GO!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter