Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept. 2015

I ended up canceling my reservation and booking a VGT rate for the October cruise. It was $5K for 2. We ended up in a 7A that I loved.

Others booked the OGT and IGT rate. I remember the OGT was about $3600 for 2. I can't remember what the IGT rate was.

The *GT rates came out a a few days after PIF I think.

I was hoping to score a balcony in the $5000 range ( I'm gold and can move an OBB) for two. I'd definitely switch to an VGT if it's available and a good deal.

I remember that the 2nd cruise -- 14 days was more expensive than the 15-day inaugural. If they go back to Hawaii, I hate to think what they'll charge.

We are silver and was able to book the first cruise before it sold out. I would imagine it sold faster than normal since it was the inaugural. We were 1 adult and 2 kids in a 4A and it cost over $12,000 if that helps anyone. Sorry, I can't recall the exact amount. I thought there was a pricing thread, searching may find it.
:scared1: :faint: :sad:

However, If DCL wants to do 2 one ways (Vancouver to Hawaii and then Hawaii to LA/San Diego), the Hawaii to LA cruise would not be allowed due to PVSA requirements of a required stop in a "distant" foreign port.

So how does the Panama Canal cruise work? Is Columbia considered a "distant" foreign port?

I was on the 2nd Hawaii sailing (October 2012)... the most incredible 14-nights of my life!!! Just checked and we were able to snag an OGT rate of $3,061.00 for 2 adults! :thumbsup2

We were on the October cruise. It wasn't a whole rotation. The late seating on one rotation was not done. It was the same rotation we had, but we were on early seating. Yes, that will affect the tips for those servers on that rotation.
FWIW, We were on the Vancouver-LA repo this past sept, and our servers were telling us this was also happening with the EB PC the next coming week. They told us that some serving teams were offered to have that cruise "off"(still on the ship obviously, but they would only have to work a couple breakfasts and lunches, and have the rest of the time off in ports, etc...).

We are really hoping for another Hawaii cruise. We had a blast on the first one. It will be our 15th anniversary, and what a great way to celebrate it. I sure wish DCL would release the rest of 2015.

Okay, nothing is done until it's officially announced, but living near the Mouse sometimes I know officers, or know their spouse, neighbor, etc. And I had mentioned the postings on this thread about DCL being in Honolulu in Sept. 2015. Just heard back on good account….the officer was surprised the news had leaked and verified Hawaii……… and this was no petty officer! :cheer2: Now my question to myself is how the heck am I going to get off 2 weeks from my 2 jobs when I already have a major vacation planned early 2015 to the islands? :scratchin

I hope they put it out soon, we are on The Fantasy next would love to book onboard.

Okay, nothing is done until it's officially announced, but living near the Mouse sometimes I know officers, or know their spouse, neighbor, etc. And I had mentioned the postings on this thread about DCL being in Honolulu in Sept. 2015. Just heard back on good account….the officer was surprised the news had leaked and verified Hawaii……… and this was no petty officer! :cheer2: Now my question to myself is how the heck am I going to get off 2 weeks from my 2 jobs when I already have a major vacation planned early 2015 to the islands? :scratchin
I am not saying that this was not said or challenging the validity of it. What I would like to point out is that the Wonder was showing in Hawaii this year as well and DCL decided not to go. I have a friend shoreside and since I know DCL reads this I will not go further to protect my friend and what I am told. When I mentioned to my friend that the Honolulu and Hilo now shows inchcape special and the Hilo has two dates and both march the length of the Wonder, the passenger count and crew count of the Wonder the first words out of my friends mouth were "that's us". Then was quick to point out that anything can happen between now and announcement date. If they can't get ports they need in the west coast or a myriad of other reasons they will just cancel the bookings. Then added that it was strange that it was the port agent and not the ship name which told my friend that someone from Celebration asked them to remove the ships name. That makes it more likely that the Hawaiian cruise(s) will happen but only time will tell. I am going with optimism here and saying yes but I would say 60/40.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Aan1701, great points of course, which is why I said, "Okay, nothing is done until it's officially announced".

Aan1701, great points of course, which is why I said, "Okay, nothing is done until it's officially announced".
Right. I get that. I just did not want people to think it was 100% for sure. When people see the word verified they just think it's done. That's all. I think it will happen. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks, Aan. I totally get it! I've been involved with Disney for too many years in one way or another. It's like when a new DVC resort is found out. The company does NOT want to announce until they must do so, as thing can and often DO change. Like with Eagle Pines Resort….

I'm just pleased that it looks like DCL will be going back to Hawaii sometime in the not too distant future. And I'm praying I can find a way to get the time off to be on that ship! I was on the October 2012 sailing, and loved every minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter