Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

Just got off the Wonder this week and during my Art of the Theme tour, the cast member did mention that the Wonder will be getting a duck tail. In addition, she confirmed that one of the staircases will be removed from the atrium.

Thanks for collating all this information. I can't wait! Thanksgiving can't get here fast enough!

Yes I should clarify...nothing permanent is replacing the stairway. It becomes flex space.

I'm wondering if the Wonder (ha) continues to sail to Alaska mostly if they will even bother with the slide? How warm is the weather that people are actually going to use it much?

Maybe they should or could put in a tunnel "dry" slide that you can go on without having to get wet... not quite the ultimate abyss on the new Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas, but maybe more a baby abyss.

I wonder if they have plans to add the magic portholes to the inside rooms?
Also, will the new animators palette include the turtle talk with crush?

I wonder if they have plans to add the magic portholes to the inside rooms?
Also, will the new animators palette include the turtle talk with crush?
Well, if most of the upgrades are in line with what they did to the Magic, there will be no virtual portholes installed (something about requiring miles of new cable/wiring?), and there will be a new Animation Magic show, but no Crush show.

Last edited:
New Info!

At least it is new to me. There is now a dedicated space on the DCL website with information about the dry dock. Here is the link:

Disney Cruise Line website - Disney Wonder Dry Dock Information

I will look at it in more detail later today and add details to the first post (if there are any new details).

Cool. Thanks for the link!

Looks like that page is going to stay pretty high-level & marketing oriented. It probably will never cover important details we nerds care about, like "Will the Deck 7 aft overlook survive?" :confused3

(I have a Deck 7 aft cabin booked for next summer. I'll sure miss that overlook if it's gone.)

Cool. Thanks for the link!

Looks like that page is going to stay pretty high-level & marketing oriented. It probably will never cover important details we nerds care about, like "Will the Deck 7 aft overlook survive?" :confused3

(I have a Deck 7 aft cabin booked for next summer. I'll sure miss that overlook if it's gone.)

I looked at it and could not find any new information. Hopefully they will add a little more over the course of time.

I think you are right, it is more designed to get people book cruises on the Wonder than to inform us DCL regulars.

Hopefully we will see some more info appear on the Disney Parks Blog in the near future. There were a series of posts on the Magic.

And I am afraid that things seem to look not so good for deck 7 aft...

I really hope they put a concierge lounge on the reimagined Wonder, even if it's small. I sprung for my one (and only) big time suite for our November, 2016 cruise, and I'd love to have the whole deal! Of course, never having had a concierge lounge and never expecting to have it in the future, I guess I really don't know what I'm missing :smooth:
I can't wait to eat at Tiana's! I'm expecting a major improvement there :)
We actually prefer concierge on the Wonder without the lounge. You get SO MUCH more personal interaction and attention from your concierge attendant.

What is the 7th leaveLast overlook? We had a room at the tip of the aft on the Fantasy and loved it. Looking at the Wonder's layout it did not look like there was a comparable room.

What is the 7th leaveLast overlook? We had a room at the tip of the aft on the Fantasy and loved it. Looking at the Wonder's layout it did not look like there was a comparable room.
Deck 7 on the Wonder currently has what's called the "secret verandah" secretverandah deck 7 2009.jpg
It's a deck accessed by a door directly in the middle of the aft passageway. But it's probably going away (like ti did on the Magic) with her dry dock this fall.

And to clarify, it's a public area, and the door is labelled. It's only "secret" because people don't seem to know about it.

It's a nice place, and will be missed if it goes. But it's probably a fair trade for Tiana's Place. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter