Disney Wonder Dry Dock Watch - 11/10 Wonder departs on first cruise out of Galveston

Should be the Wonder. The Magic was in a different berth, it had the white Navantia metal 'arch' above the ship, the Wonder has a lot of the yellow crane like things around it. This picture also has the same building in the background as the picture of the Wonder with the ducktail next to it waiting to be installed. The original of this picture was posted on instagram by someone in Cadiz 3 days ago--jesus collantes.

It could be, I follow him and others now on instagram, What struck me as odd was the initial pics with the wonder all blue and the duck tail off to the side and the now red wonder with the duck tail in the process of being installed seemed to be released really close together in time, I am guessing that the first pic was delayed in being posted or shared as we are all discovering different people to follow on various social networks:)

Here's another recent overview shot from https://twitter.com/puertodecadiz/status/780772810071343104
CtXcu0mWYAA-jo4

In the picture above, looks like there is another disney ship in the distance, is this true?

In the picture above, looks like there is another disney ship in the distance, is this true?

Probably a Cunard ship. There was one near us in Venice and I remember thinking the colors reminded me of Disney a little.

Probably a Cunard ship. There was one near us in Venice and I remember thinking the colors reminded me of Disney a little.

I just checked, the Queen Elizabeth was in Cadiz yesterday, so Beth is correct. This is a picture of her:

showphoto.aspx

They have the same classic ocean liner color scheme. However, DCL ships are not truly black, they are a very dark shade of blue. And the Cunard ships only have one funnel. DCL opted to add a second fake funnel to keep the ocean liner silhouette. Also, the DCL ships have something on the top deck to make it look like the life boats are all the way up there. The classic ocean liners had the life boats on the top. Now lifeboats need to be further down. But if you look at this picture of the Magic, you can see how on the sun deck there is not one big plexi glass wall, but it is broken up into units. The reason for this is to make it look like the life boats in the old ocean liners:

showphoto.aspx

Just a heads up, it looks like DCL might be putting some pressure on folks about the pictures being posted. The Kenja7 instagram user I had mentioned has removed the video and picture he had up. I have a hunch that we won't see a lot of interior shots this time like we did with the Magic.

Experts! Why the red? Is that the color under all the paint or a coating before they start repainting?
Going back quite a few years, because the hull is made of steel it is highly susceptible to rusting. Therefore, an undercoat or primer if you will, is used to protect the metal. This usually is red lead paint. It is used for anti-corrosion.

Honestly, Disney should get onboard and release construction teaser pics! What better way to play up the excitement?!

I agree! I went back to the Disney Parks Blog from three years ago when they re-imagined the Magic and there was so much more coverage. They had a post every week detailing some of the work being done. I do hope that as time goes on and we get closer to the November 10 cruise we will hear more. I feel that there is still so much more they can do with this to get people excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter