Disney Wonder August 22 2016 California Coast Cruise!

Hi all,
Our first Disney cruise. Stumple to this site while searching for information. We are from Los Angles California will fly up to Vancouver for the trip. The girls are excited and can't wait for summer. Lots to learn and what to do, especially find out what Fish Extender is.

Jonathan
My wife and Just made reservations to this cruise. This will be lucky cruise #13, We are from San Diego, Ca. And are flying up to Vancouver on Saturday before the cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port?

My wife and Just made reservations to this cruise. This will be lucky cruise #13, We are from San Diego, Ca. And are flying up to Vancouver on Saturday before the cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port?
Hi RBCheek,

We are renting a car for a couple of days, as we are arriving very late Friday night. My DH and I are on cruise number 5 for him, and 6 for me. We also live in San Diego, but are taking the train up. My DH would rather take the train than fly, and I use the time to decompress and relax.

For everyone else, I work at the San Diego Zoo, so if anyone would like information (or I can bring Maps of the Zoo with me), let me know.

Hi RBCheek,

We are renting a car for a couple of days, as we are arriving very late Friday night. My DH and I are on cruise number 5 for him, and 6 for me. We also live in San Diego, but are taking the train up. My DH would rather take the train than fly, and I use the time to decompress and relax.

For everyone else, I work at the San Diego Zoo, so if anyone would like information (or I can bring Maps of the Zoo with me), let me know.

We are flying up Saturday afternoon and just spending Sunday trying to find something to do

We are flying up Saturday afternoon and just spending Sunday trying to find something to do
Some ideas....
Day 1
Day 2
  • Hop On service with an emphasis on Gastown, Stanley Park, and/or Granville Island?
  • Day trip to Whistler?
  • Dim Sum for brunch?
  • Bear Breakfast on Grouse?
  • Storybrooke? Orca whale watch?

It's just my wife and I. We are flying in around 6:30 pm so I think we will be to our hotel by 7:30 or 8:00, so I guess that might be too late on the first night. There are some days where we have problems walking around, so would that be a problem at the Capilano ?

If you are in your hotel at 8pm.... you might still be able to cram in Fly Over Canada at the cruise terminal before 9pm.

Depending on where you are staying.... you might want to plan your dinner. Most Vancouver restaurants last call is around 8:15pm.

If you are in your hotel at 8pm.... you might still be able to cram in Fly Over Canada at the cruise terminal before 9pm.

Depending on where you are staying.... you might want to plan your dinner. Most Vancouver restaurants last call is around 8:15pm.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'last call' but most restaurants in downtown Vancouver, especially on weekends, stay open until 11pm or later. Joe Fortes and Milestones on Robson are just two restaurants that stay open until 11pm on weekends.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'last call' but most restaurants in downtown Vancouver, especially on weekends, stay open until 11pm or later. Joe Fortes and Milestones on Robson are just two restaurants that stay open until 11pm on weekends.
Yes, there are late night restaurants. Robson is a good place to seek them out.

I just remember in my travels that a lot of places I go to around town start to close around 9pm. The kitchen starts to close shortly before then. Depending on where cruisers are staying.... Robson may be too far to walk.

Yes, there are late night restaurants. Robson is a good place to seek them out.

I just remember in my travels that a lot of places I go to around town start to close around 9pm. The kitchen starts to close shortly before then. Depending on where cruisers are staying.... Robson may be too far to walk.

It is true to some extent - for a fairly large city they do 'roll up the sidewalks' a little early in some parts. Downtown is good but in the suburbs (where I am)...yeah, not much open unless you want Red Robin or McDonalds :rotfl2:

We are staying at the Century Plaza Hotel on Burrard St. So hopefully there is something good around there

Walk one block South to Davie street. There are eateries there.

Also give the hotel a call. They can make some food suggestions.

We plan to rent a car for couple of day. Pick up at airport and return near Canada Place. Looking at Avis they are cheaper but return office is 0.6 mile from Canada Place, will have to drop family off at port then go return the car, then either walk back to port or (will call them see if they have shuttle to port).
Anyone know of good deal car rental with office next to Canada place?

Thanks,

Im
Hey guys!

We are joining this very very very quiet cruise! It will be myself, DH, my daughter (9) and son (6). This will be our 8th Disney Cruise. :)

I am organizing an FE group, although the new rules of the board are making it very difficult to do so! If you would like to be part of the FE group, please PM me and we will add you to the group!

Not sure if its too late but I'm interested in joining the FE group for this post. I cannot pm you, I've tried the testing, tried looking on your profile can't find anything about starting a convo. It could be my phone...it could be me lol. Idk. Help please ☺

Anyone know of good deal car rental with office next to Canada place?
Thoughts....
  • Enterprise, National and Alamo has a location inside the cruise terminal for ultimate convenience. They are my preferred car rental
  • Hertz has a location 3 blocks away in the Pacific Rim hotel
  • Avis likes to watch their passengers wait for their shuttle.
  • if you are not renting from Enterprise, National or Alamo.... I would drive my luggage to the cruise terminal. Drop off the heavy stuff and then return the car to the rental agency. Catch a cab or walk back to the cruise terminal.
  • do you really need a rental car in Vancouver? Most may find the $35 ($28 USD) cab ride downtown is all they need. Public transit, Cap/Grouse shuttles, and Hop On service is all they need to get around. I should also add parking at tourist attractions.
  • How much is that YVR to cruise terminal car rental drop off charge? Would $35 cab ride downtown to pick up and return your car rental at the cruise terminal be cheaper?
  • How much is parking in downtown Vancouver? Some places may charge $40 a night. I prefer airport hotels as they offer free parking.
  • If you rental a car in the first 24 hours arriving in Vancouver... there is a 17% surcharge. I recommend going to Capilano/Grouse with the free shuttles on the first day for savings to your rental car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter