Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 10, 2015

ksloane

DIS Veteran
Yea! I can't wait for my first Alaskan cruise. I can't wait to hear from all of you so introduce yourself and your family. Have you cruised before? Have you cruised Disney before? Have you cruised Alaska? Let's get to know each other.

I'm Kimberly. I will be cruising with my daughter who will turn 15 on the first day, August 10! We have taken six Disney cruises. I've always dreamed of the Alaskan one and now we are going to do it! WOOHOO!

Who's Going?

• beckaki - myself, husband, and ds3
  • ksloane - myself and dd15 - celebrating her 15th birthday on August 10
  • ksloane's friends - dh, dw, dd19, ds14
  • Metsoskil - myself, wife, dd12, ds9
  • sc426 - Sarah and her NEW husband Jeremy
  • jarudinski - myself, husband and two daughters (12 & 16); (Traveling with mother, step dad, two brothers, and the girlfriend of one brothers.)
  • Shelley Chiarats - myself, husband Vince. (Traveling with my Mom Paige and stepdad Doc, Vince's Mom Belva and sister Brenda)
  • RhiannonCarter - myself - Rhiannon, my husband - Matt, and son - Tyler (9)
  • GrumpyBelle - myself, DH, DS, DD, DMom, DD BFF
  • frozenmom - myself, dh, dd9, ddad, brother and sister-in-law, ddad's friend
  • wojima
  • doublescoop33 - myself, dd15
  • mrsdinopunk
  • brv5109 - myself, dh, ds10, ds8
  • Elbygrl - myself, DH, DS9, DS12
  • DreamtheFantasy - myself, dw, ds10, ds8, dgrandma, dgrandpa

Reserved for Fish Extender Information

Deadline for signing up: June 30, 2015

• beckaki
  • ksloane
  • ksloane's friends
  • frozenmom
  • RhiannonCarter
  • brv5109
  • frozenmom
  • DreamtheFantasy

About the Wonder

The Disney Wonder is a magnificent, family-friendly Disney Cruise Line ship that takes Guests of all ages on exciting vacations to gorgeous ports of call in the Bahamas. The ship is distinguished for its modern innovation and sophisticated design, combining sleek style with a splash of fun.

Ship Facts:

Maiden Voyage: August 15, 1999
Passenger Capacity: 2,400
Gross Tonnage: 83,000
Length: 964'
Beam: 106'
Draft: 25.3'
Cruising Speed: 21.5 knots
Given both the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder, Disney Cruise Line will transport approximately 10,000 suitcases per operating day.

Disney Cruise Line was the first cruise line to have an animated character as the Godmother of a ship. Tinkerbell is the Godmother of the Disney Wonder.

General Tips

If you are interested, you should book the following as soon as you board
  • Beverage Seminars
  • Tea with Characters

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Hi Kimberly! My name is Sarah and I will be on this cruise with my husband of 1 week, Jeremy :) We are getting married the previous Sunday, August 2 and this will be our honeymoon cruise. I have cruised with Disney once before. This time last year I was on the Wonder cruising the western caribbean. It was fabulous! My (fiancee now and husband during the cruise) is currently in the US Coast Guard and when he first joined, he worked in Alaska. So since he wants to take me up there and show me everything, I said the only way to do it is on a cruise. And there is no better way then a Disney cruise. So we are excited :)

Hi Kimberly and Sarah,

I'm Mike. My wife and I cruised on the Magic 2-night sailing from NYC in 2012, and this past December we took the kids on the 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream. All 4 of us will be on this Alaska cruise. My daughter will be 12 and my son will be 9 at that time.

Very excited. We're planning on flying into Seattle about 8-9 days early, touring Olympic National Park, Seattle, and Vancouver before the cruise. We'll fly home from Vancouver. My wife and I are both teachers, so we've got the time.

Can't wait!

Thank You! We are excited!!!!

Hi Kimberly and Sarah,

I'm Mike. My wife and I cruised on the Magic 2-night sailing from NYC in 2012, and this past December we took the kids on the 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream. All 4 of us will be on this Alaska cruise. My daughter will be 12 and my son will be 9 at that time.

Very excited. We're planning on flying into Seattle about 8-9 days early, touring Olympic National Park, Seattle, and Vancouver before the cruise. We'll fly home from Vancouver. My wife and I are both teachers, so we've got the time.

Can't wait!

I've added both of you to the 3rd post that lists everyone. I'm trying to use the first few posts to provide helpful information for everyone traveling so if you find anything, please share and I'll add it to those first posts.

I'm a teacher as well Mike and would love to do a week prior to the cruise. I was telling my daughter yesterday that I would love to road trip it from Texas and take a week or 2 to get there and find places to visit along the way. It probably won't ever happen, but I think it would be a fun experience.

Hi Mike!

I am currently a teachers assistant and when the cruise time comes, I will be in a grad program studying for my credential. So the timing for me works out to! :) My fiancee (now), is in the coast guard. So for him, the timing isn't as big as it is for me.

Hi everyone,

I just booked this cruise. This will be number 11 all on Disney. I booked this primarily to sail with my mother and brothers as it will be their first cruise. We did Alaska in 2011 with Disney. It was my husbands absolute favorite cruise so I knew he wouldn't mind repeating it =).

On this sailing it will be myself, my husband and two daughters (11 & 16 at the time of sailing) all DCL vets. We will be with my mother and step dad. My two brothers and the girlfriend of one of my brothers. All first time cruisers and first time on DCL.

We have a cruise coming up in July, then I will be in full swing planning mode for this cruise.

Kimberly where in Texas are you located, my immediate family are located in the DFW area while my extended family are all located in Cali.

Julie

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I just booked this cruise. This will be number 11 all on Disney. I booked this primarily to sail with my mother and brothers as it will be their first cruise. We did Alaska in 2011 with Disney. It was my husbands absolute favorite cruise so I knew he wouldn't mind repeating it =).

On this sailing it will be myself, my husband and two daughters (12 & 16 at the time of sailing) all DCL vets. We will be with my mother and step dad. My two brothers and the girlfriend of one of my brothers. All first time cruisers and first time on DCL.

We have a cruise coming up in July, then I will be in full swing planning mode for this cruise.

Kimberly where in Texas are you located, my immediate family are located in the DFW area while my extended family are all located in Cali.

Julie

Welcome Julie! It's great to have you! Another big group of travelers. We'll have 9 people I think in our total party!

I've never cruised Alaska, but I can't wait!

Totally jealous of 11 cruises. You'll be platinum!!! We have taken 6, and I don't think we'll take any before Alaska so it will be our 7th!

I'm from south of dfw. The closest town to me is actually Shreveport, Louisiana.

Hi Julie,

I have family in Austin, Texas, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA and in San Diego, CA. So I know both climates pretty well.

Welcome aboard!

Hello -

My name is Michelle and we are planning on being on the Aug 10, 2015 sailing.

It will be myself and husband Vince. This will be our second cruise - both DCL. And my Mom Paige and stepdad Doc. This will be their third cruise - one RCL, one DCL. And Vince's Mom Belva and sister Brenda. This will be their first cruise.

Mom has always wanted to go to Alaska and Vince & I love watching the Alaska shows and gave serious thought to moving there when he got his graduate degree. We did our first cruise with Mom & Doc in Oct 2013 on the Dream (4day). Of course, we loved it. So decided our next cruise will be to Alaska and Vince's family had decided to join us.

We have a great Dreams Unlimited travel agent and when we reserved a navigator's verandah, she managed to snag us one of the secret verandah rooms. Mom has a regular verandah next door and B&B have an inside across the hall.

Anyway. Later. Though it is still so far away we are really excited and looking forward to our next Disney Cruise.

Hi! We want to do the Alaska cruise next summer but can't decide between early summer and late summer...:confused3 If you had the same dilemma, how did you decide? For now, we are leaning toward this cruise but haven't booked it yet.:cool1:

Hi! We want to do the Alaska cruise next summer but can't decide between early summer and late summer...:confused3 If you had the same dilemma, how did you decide? For now, we are leaning toward this cruise but haven't booked it yet.:cool1:

I don't know which is better, we did the Alaska cruise in June a few years ago and we seemed to miss a lot of the wild life, we were too early for the bears and salmon. We only have a 3 month window due to school so we thought we would try the other end of the spectrum. There are lots of Alaska threads out there you can search for and read to help make your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter