Disney Wonder 4-night Baja October 1st, 2017

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
I guess I am the first, so here goes, I am Scott will be sailing with my wife and daughter (13 at cruise time), this will be a back-to-back for us, with this as the first leg. We are from Chandler, Arizona and this will be cruise number 10 for us (so Platinum at the end of this/middle of back-to-back). Our other cruises were/are:
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - September-October, 2012 (Earned Silver)
  • 7-night Alaska on Disney Wonder - June, 2013
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October, 2013
  • 12-night Mediterranean on Disney Magic - June, 2014 (Grand Slam complete)
  • 4-night Bahamas on Disney Dream - October, 2014 (Earned Gold)
  • 7-night Northern Europe on Disney Magic - June, 2015
  • 12-night British Isles on Disney Magic - June, 2016
  • 7-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - October, 2016
  • 11-night Southern Caribbean on Disney Fantasy - June, 2017
  • This one
  • 3-night Baja on Disney Wonder - October, 2017
Looking forward to seeing who else is sailing with us. Feel free to use this group to setup FE and other exchange groups, as well as tastings and meet-and-greets.

Hi Scott! My husband and I are leaving the kids at home and taking this cruise as the last leg of a B2B2B. We are from Seattle, Washington, and this will be cruise number 9 for us (soooo close!).

• 3-night Caribbean on Wonder - September 2009 (earned Silver)
  • 7-night Caribbean on Magic - December 2010
  • 14-night Westbound Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013
  • 4-night West Coast Repo on Wonder - September 2015
  • 3-night Baja on Wonder - October 2015 (earned Gold)
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy - December 2016
  • 2-night Baja on Wonder - September 2017
  • 7-night Baja on Wonder - September 2017
  • 4-night Baha on Wonder - October 2017 (this cruise!)

Hi Scott! My husband and I are leaving the kids at home and taking this cruise as the last leg of a B2B2B. We are from Seattle, Washington, and this will be cruise number 9 for us (soooo close!).

• 3-night Caribbean on Wonder - September 2009 (earned Silver)
  • 7-night Caribbean on Magic - December 2010
  • 14-night Westbound Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013
  • 4-night West Coast Repo on Wonder - September 2015
  • 3-night Baja on Wonder - October 2015 (earned Gold)
  • 7-night Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy - December 2016
  • 2-night Baja on Wonder - September 2017
  • 7-night Baja on Wonder - September 2017
  • 4-night Baha on Wonder - October 2017 (this cruise!)

Welcome aboard. I liked the 13-night back-to-back-to-back you have scheduled. We did three days in Seattle before our Alaska cruise and really enjoyed the city.

Hi! I will taking this trip with my daughter (8 at the time of the cruise), and a friend of mine. This will be our second cruise. I am completely jealous of you both who get to do B2B(&2B). I wish I had the time to do those! Our last cruise was on the Fantasy, so we are excited to explore the smaller Wonder. If you have any tips for the Wonder, please let me know! :) It's going to be a long year to wait..

Work stuff was messing up timing for our first leg, so this has now become the middle leg of our B2B2B. Scott, looks like my hubby and I will be joining you on the cruise after this one as well. :)

Work stuff was messing up timing for our first leg, so this has now become the middle leg of our B2B2B. Scott, looks like my hubby and I will be joining you on the cruise after this one as well. :)

At least. you only lost the two-night cruise to nowhere and even gained a night this way. I look forward to meeting you.

Holy crap Scott, we're on this and the 10/5 as well. Looking forward to finally meeting you!

We'll be driving to San Diego the day before and stopping in Yuma for a few hours to visit with my in laws.

We booked one of the secret porthole rooms on deck 5 for both legs. Have you done a B2B before?

Take care,

Jack

Hi! I will taking this trip with my daughter (8 at the time of the cruise), and a friend of mine. This will be our second cruise. I am completely jealous of you both who get to do B2B(&2B). I wish I had the time to do those! Our last cruise was on the Fantasy, so we are excited to explore the smaller Wonder. If you have any tips for the Wonder, please let me know! :) It's going to be a long year to wait..
We did the Wonder last year after 2 Fantasy and 1 Dream cruise and thought she was great. Looking guests to seeing her after dry dock. We're doing this and 10/5 cruise as well.

Holy crap Scott, we're on this and the 10/5 as well. Looking forward to finally meeting you!

We'll be driving to San Diego the day before and stopping in Yuma for a few hours to visit with my in laws.

We booked one of the secret porthole rooms on deck 5 for both legs. Have you done a B2B before?

Take care,

Jack

Jack,
At this point, we plan to fly in the morning of the cruise and take a cab the 1 mile from Lindbergh to the B Street Cruise Terminal. Can't believe that DCL wants $18/person each way for that trip. We have not done a back-to-back before, but thought this was a great one to get 3 sea days even with the lost day of disembarking/embarking. We are in the same verandah on deck 8, our usual room for the Classic ships. Quite a few of us appear to be doing this as a back-to-back, there is even one back-to-back-to-back. We do have some family that always say that want to go cruising that we let know that we are doing this cruise, but none have booked yet. If that happens, we may end up driving then. From my days of being stationed in San Diego, I found ways to make it between by folks old house at Price and Guadalupe to that part of San Diego in 4 1/2 hours, even back when the max speed limit on I-8 was 55. Looking forward to meeting you as well.
Scott

Hello Everyone! I am Carrie and I will be traveling with my Husband, Son (13 at sailing) and Daughter (10 at sailing). We are from Oklahoma and this will be our 4th Disney Cruise and second time on the Wonder. I am really looking forward to the changes coming during dry dock this fall. We are also looking forward to the Halloween on the High Seas activities. We really enjoyed them on our last cruise.

I was tempted to book a back to back, but we are going to head up to Disneyland instead as the kids have been asking to go back since our first visit in 2014. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all.

Carrie

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! I am Carrie and I will be traveling with my Husband Alex, Son Lucas (13 at sailing) and Daughter Juliana (10 at sailing). We are from Oklahoma and this will be our 4th Disney Cruise and second time on the Wonder. I am really looking forward to the changes coming during dry dock this fall. We are also looking forward to the Halloween on the High Seas activities. We really enjoyed them on our last cruise.

I was tempted to book a back to back, but we are going to head up to Disneyland instead as the kids have been asking to go back since our first visit in 2014. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all.

Carrie
Welcome Carrie! This will be our second time on the Wonder as well, but first time for HotHS. Last year the day we disembarked they started decorating, it was a big bummer.

Hello Everyone! I am Carrie and I will be traveling with my Husband Alex, Son Lucas (13 at sailing) and Daughter Juliana (10 at sailing). We are from Oklahoma and this will be our 4th Disney Cruise and second time on the Wonder. I am really looking forward to the changes coming during dry dock this fall. We are also looking forward to the Halloween on the High Seas activities. We really enjoyed them on our last cruise.

Carrie

Welcome Carrie. I have done my time in Oklahoma at Tinker AFB for most of my Navy career. Lived in OKC, Moore, and Norman, and our daughter was born in Midwest City. Quite a few of us are doing the4 back-to-back on this and the 3-night after it.

Hi everyone! DW and I will be on this cruise celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We are leaving the kiddos at home with their grandparents. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. Similar to @okcarrie we'll be heading straight to Disneyland after the cruise to enjoy the parks for a couple days. (And then flying back home to St.Louis.)

We waffled back and forth on all sorts of trips for our anniversary. A longer cruise in the Caribbean/Bahammas, a B2B trip on the Wonder, a WDW only trip (like our honeymoon), or a Disneyland only trip. (We explored non-Disney trip options too, but being Disney fans, nothing else really felt right.) We eventually settled on a shorter cruise with a final stop at the Happiest Place on Earth. We're super excited, and spent a good part of the day looking at places to stay in San Diego the night before, thinking about the drive from San Diego to Anaheim (and what we want to see/visit on the way up), looking at hotel options at DL (will probably need to stay off-property), thinking about the must do's (Trader Sam's!!!!!) Etc. How fun!

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say hello to everyone :hippie:

Cheers,

Matt

Hi everyone! DW and I will be on this cruise celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We are leaving the kiddos at home with their grandparents. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. Similar to @okcarrie we'll be heading straight to Disneyland after the cruise to enjoy the parks for a couple days. (And then flying back home to St.Louis.)

We waffled back and forth on all sorts of trips for our anniversary. A longer cruise in the Caribbean/Bahammas, a B2B trip on the Wonder, a WDW only trip (like our honeymoon), or a Disneyland only trip. (We explored non-Disney trip options too, but being Disney fans, nothing else really felt right.) We eventually settled on a shorter cruise with a final stop at the Happiest Place on Earth. We're super excited, and spent a good part of the day looking at places to stay in San Diego the night before, thinking about the drive from San Diego to Anaheim (and what we want to see/visit on the way up), looking at hotel options at DL (will probably need to stay off-property), thinking about the must do's (Trader Sam's!!!!!) Etc. How fun!

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

A great place to stay is Park Veu. It's right outside the park! We stayed there for my daughters birthday. I mentioned to them it was her birthday and they gave her a gift certificate to Cold Stones for a birthday cake. Cold Stones is connected to the hotel lobby! Her birthday is durning Valentines so I expected the price to be outrageous. Shockingly it was $150 and included a great hot breakfast. Durning the day we walked back to the room within 10 min took a nap and returned for night. We were able to see the fireworks standing in our room! It's a real steal
And the rooms have been remodeled!

We just booked this cruise and we are so excited!! It is the 4th for DH and I and the 3rd for our kiddos. Right now it is only our two youngest DD (13) and DS (11) our oldest graduates from HS this year and at this point we don't think he will be able to make it with us. This is the first time we will have two rooms and no ocean view. Since we were late in booking it was either theses or Concierge and we could not justify almost $7000 for 4 nights :eek: So now we have two rooms which means double the shampoo and lotion!!! Our other cruises are (funny we have only cruised in Oct):

4 night Bahamas Dream October 2011
7 night E. Caribbean October 2013
3 night Re-positioning cruise Puerto Rico to Canaveral October 2014 (Sans kids!)

Hi everyone! My name is Miranda and my boyfriend and I are excited to be going on our second Disney cruise! Our first cruise was on the Wonder in October of 2015 and we had a blast!! Is anyone here interested in doing Fish Extenders? We did it last time and I thought it added a really special touch to our trip! looking forward to cruising with all of you!!!!:stitch:

Hi everyone,
This will be our family of 5's 3rd Cruise (we have one in January 4-night on the Dream. We have also been on the 7 night Alaska last June). This time, we are bringing extended family and will have 3 staterooms. We are totally hooked.
Just wondering if a Fish Extender has been started yet?

HI Everyone,

Here is a link to a Fish Extender spreadsheet. Please add your family to the spreadsheet if you are interested in joining. If there is a different one anyone knows about we can combine later (I haven't found any).
The general rules for this one are pretty simple. To keep it enjoyable for everyone, we will aim for about $10-15/stateroom. This is open now, and more groups can be added as they fill up. Each group will be limited to 15 families. If you have any questions or any suggestions for changes, please let me know. The list will be closed on August 27th so we can confirm the final counts so we can send out a final group list on Labor Day.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00tvISoKkUvTk0xWkFjb1c5eUk/view?usp=sharing
Okay, so I am not really familiar with Google Drive and I am not one to really know what I am doing when using a computer, haha! I managed to figure out how to open up the link and edit the document to add my family to the spreadsheet but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to save it to where others can see my changes when they click on the link!:confused: would it be possible that you can add us on there for me please?!

Family Name: Duguay
Stateroom #: 1032
Adult Names: Jon & Miranda
Children: N/A
Celebrations: Graduating cosmetology school
Fave Characters: Jon- Toy Story, Marvel. Miranda- Ariel, Alice in Wonderland
Email: miranda_nd@icloud.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter