• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder 3 Night March 4, 2010

MFaieta

Earning My Ears
We just booked. We are curious to see who is going. Our party will include my husband and myself, our 3 kids (5, 11, and 15), and my parents.:cool1:

I have added a link to your thread on the main index page. Have a great cruise!:thumbsup2

My DD17 and I will be joining you. Actually, DD will turn 18 about a week before the cruise and I will be turning a year older :rolleyes1 a couple days before the cruise. We'll be celebrating both our birthdays onboard. Looking forward to meeting other DISers on the cruise!

My DD17 and I will be joining you. Actually, DD will turn 18 about a week before the cruise and I will be turning a year older :rolleyes1 a couple days before the cruise. We'll be celebrating both our birthdays onboard. Looking forward to meeting other DISers on the cruise!
How great, a birthday cruise!
Is this your first? My name is Lisa and my 17 yr old is Katlyn.

I'm SO glad you posted, this meet board has been more than alittle slow,lol. It should pick up about 2 months before we leave though...hopefully. Or not, wouldn't that be a great b-day present, a ship all to yourself?!lol

Tooth Fairy 68 - Nope, it's not our first cruise. This will be my 12th cruise on DCL and my daughter's 10th on DCL. Our favorite was a 15-day Panama Canal cruise in August 2008. I was worried about such a long cruise, but it was great! Trouble is, now a 3-day cruise seems like it is over in a flash.

My DD happens to have a couple days off of school 3/4/10 and 3/5/10 and I had a free companion airfare that needed to be used by June, so it seemed like a good excuse to book this cruise. Since both our birthdays are right before the cruise, we decided to make it a birthday cruise.

We actually were on DCL and in Nassau on DD's birthday a couple years ago. Believe it or not, she wore a tiara and a birthday pin she got at WDW. We went to the straw market and had a blast. All sorts of people working in the straw market wished her happy birthday or sang happy birthday to her. Once lady even gave her a bracelet she had made. DD really enjoyed that birthday.

Hopefully, we'll pick up some more DISers on this thread who are cruising with us. I would love to do a fish extender gift exchange!

My name is Sue and my daughter is Alysha. She will turn 18 just before the cruise.

"Talk" to you again soon!

I was thinking that since this was spring time, there would be more people going on this date. I hope some more join us soon!

They released great Florida resident rates so we just upgrade to a cat 6 room :banana:

I am not going to tell my husband or the kids. They will be so excited!

We are considering going on this cruise. It will be my first cruise ever, and my husband and mother in laws first time on a Disney cruise. We would be bringing our 2 and half year old daughter with us.

We are waiting to get our rewards visa card before we book the trip so we can get the points from it.

I am so excited but I am debating taking this cruise or a four night one. either way hopefully we will be taking our first Disney cruise in March.

I've been on a 3 day and a 4 day I can tell you I prefer a 4 day , but for the price of this cruise I couldn't resist. I definitely enjoyed the day at sea. Either way you decide to go you will have a great time. I can tell you once you go the Disney Cruise Line it will be hard to go on another. I will prob. be 60 and still sailing Disney.

With all the cold weather around the nation, I figured people would be booking vacations like crazy. Maybe 3 days isn't enough of a getaway from the cold weather. I thought I would check our thread and thought I would find lots of new people who had joined us, but I guess we have the ship to ourselves! Good deal.

I am especially looking forward to Castaway Cay on this trip. I was on the Wonder for a 3-day cruise with my sisters in November and became ill. I think it may have been H1N1. I was sick in bed and missed Castaway Cay.

I would definitely prefer a 4-day DCL cruise over a 3 day. But the 3-day fits in with days off school and I have to take less time off work and it is cheaper.

At least the temps here in MN are finally moderating. We have been below average all year (2010) and finally may go above average this week. Our average temp so far for the year has been zero. We are looking forward to a January thaw with temps possibly above freezing by mid-week. Been some crazy weather all around the temp and the world this winter!! STAY WARM!

Thank goodness we are not going now. We had snow flurries/sleet in Florida this weekend. It was a cold and windy 20 degrees!

I gave my hubby a great present for Christmas: A Disney Cruise. We have not even been away for 24 hours since our oldest dd was born. He was ecstatic! We had it scheduled for last week, but on Tuesday morning I received a phone call from my brother in law telling me that my sister (age 46 and the one who actually hooked me into Disney) had died suddenly. Needless to say, I'm incredibly sad and my first thought was, "There's no way I'm going on this cruise at all. Forget rescheduling. Who cares!" However, over the last couple of days, I've decided this is probably the BEST way to honor her as Disney was DEFINITELY her thing. So, we have rescheduled for March 4, 2010. I have it on hold and have to make payment by tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure our credits would go through for our airlines before paying for the cruise. I know this trip will be wonderful, but it will be bittersweet. Really though, I can't think of a better way to honor my sister. Thanks for listening and I look forward to cruising with you all!

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. What a great way to honor and remember her! I hope you will be able to join us. It's finally starting to warm up in Florida.

rn wannabe - I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I am the Disney fanatic in our family, and I agree, going on the cruise would be a good way to honor her. I certainly understand the cruise will be bittersweet, but hopefully you can still have a good time. I hope you join us.

I noticed your screen name - rn wannabe. Still true? My DD17 wants to be an RN. She is a senior in high school. A couple days ago, one of her medical classes took a field trip to the University of Minnesota. They watched a heart transplant on a pig. She was very excited about the experience and especially since she got to touch the beating heart (with gloves on). Maybe she is destined to be a nurse anesthetist or work in a surgical or emergency room setting. She definitely has something in her that I lack. I can't even stand to take my pulse! :)

Thank you MFaieta and MickeyMagic. We booked and got our credit to pay for it so we're all set. Now I just hope nothing else horrible happens before this trip.

MickeyMagic...it's not true because I'm no longer a wannabe. I am! :yay: I've been an RN now for two years. I work in one of our local hospitals on pediatrics and pediatric ICU. I love it! I'm sure you daughter will end up doing something in healthcare. There are soooooooooo many options!

I've actually been wondering lately if we can change our username on here, but I haven't really looked into it. Anyone know?

I keep logging on to see if we got our cabin # yet, so far nothing. I see the cruises before us have theirs already. It's driving me nuts!

I keep looking too. We got an upgrade for our first reservation to a Catgory 9 and like I've said, we didn't get to go on that cruise. Now that we have rebooked our trip we somehow have a Castaway Cay member number (even though we never went on a cruise). I've heard time after time that first time cruisers get upgrades but you're not as likely to if it's not your first time. Now with having a Castaway Cay number I'm thinking it will look like we've been before. ARG! LOL

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter