disney wonder 2/26-2/29

ruttie

Mouseketeer
Well we are home just walked inthe door got off the boat at 7:45 was home and unpacked by 8:15!! So what you want to know is how was the cruise??!! It was good I cannot say great becasue we had some problems and dissapointments but Hey that is to be expected here is a brief rundown of positives and a few problems we had.
Positives
getting on was a breeze. go there at 11:45 was on by 12:00
everyone was very friendly and willing to go the extra mile.
the ship was beautiful we are now spoiled the food choices, etc are far better than rccl and carnival.
kids club was great my kids never wanted to leave

Negatives
the weather was bad for this cruise I know you cannot predict weather and I am not griping i am just stating the waether could have been better
We did not do Castaway Cay and this was a biggie as we have cruise many times and did not even get off in nassau as we have been there done that soo much. I am not really sure what the problem was it was really windy but we were docked for a very short time sooo... My kids were very upset at this as that is why we chose this cruise we see the charatcers all the time at disney so that was no biggie to my kids.
Now to our big problem and how it was handled when i got back from my spa on friday(nassau) around 10 ish there was a horrible fuel smell coming from our room. Hubby had already complained and they sent up a fan type thing. well it got worse and kids werecomplaing called guest services they came down andwalked into our room starting coughing covered there mouth and said this needs immediate attention well we were moved after about an hour and guess where... to cabin 7138 an aft cabin HUGE was a handicap room so extra huge closet room for kids to play on floor etc.. (althoughg be ware lots of emergency buttoms kids could push) thank god we covered them with books towels etc so they would not seethem!
we were in a cat 10 on deck 2 so that was GREAT!! only bad was we were not next to parents any more.. but Hey we had a great room.
Ohh some fyi's they were taping a show for extreme mackover home addition on this ship so crews were around alot
Will we do it again OF COURSE we LOVED IT our only thing was we were reluctent to go in feb as we are from florida and while some on board thought 65-70 was great for swimming etc we were cold!!! Very cold!!!!
Aft cabins it was nice we enjoyed the ruff seas and boy was it rough on the last night but everything squeeked groaned etc kept me up and also I was not thrilled about the metal railing My dad loved it but me I ike to be able to sit on balcony read a book and see the ocean and unless you were standing you could not see the water. Hoever if you like sunbathing there was plenty of room for the 2 lounge chairs and 4 reg chairs plus .. and oplenty of sun for laying out (if it had been warmer)
So we are definetly going to crusie with them again but another FYI tried to book for june 05 and they said mid may they are repositioning defietly will Not have 7 days out of port canaveral but could not say where from yet we are on the list for the repositining if it occurs after may 20th so we will see
thanks for putting up with my spelling errors ..
Oh yeah it was my self hubby boys 4 and 6 and gradnparents on theis cruise and i would be happy to answer any questions.. Oh yeah again NO problem changing to early seating and.. big dissapointment we did not see sticth.. not sure if he was there but we did not see him. also there was not as many places for pictures without characters just 2 places as compare to RCCL and Carnoval which has t leats 6 different poses scenes to choose form in you formal wear.. so we are hoping to book a great cabin with huge verenda that is see though for june any suggestions on cabin numbers that are big and have big balconies???

Thanks for the report. We just got off the Wonder on Feb 26th, right before you got on. Our weather was beautiful for the first 3 days, then on the 4th day it rained in the afternoon.

Our last night was real rough on the sea after 2;00 am and kept us up also.

This was our 1st cruise ever and we really enjoyed it. It was just my wife and I (our kids are 29+17). Would you say it would be a let down to try RCCL now that we did the Disney Wonder?

It must be nice to live that close to the port. Relatives of ours live in Melbourne and West Palm Beach. We can't wait to move to Florida in 3 years so cruising will be a lot more in-expensive.::yes::

I do not think it will be a let down however there were osme differences that we noticed big one was CABIN SIZE disneys cabons were much bigger and laid out better.
also food was nice we enjoyed having unlimited hotdogs hambu, nachos, pizza french fries all the time and on Rccl that was not the case even the pizza on Rccl was limited to times. Howver mykids were happy in either kids club actually except tfor the character greetings (which mine could of cared less about) there was no difference in kids clubs Oh and on disney they are oopen tghe first night on RCCL they are not but i will continue to cruise both of the lines Now it is ll abit price and itenerary. yes we loved disney wan to go again but that is becasue I am a picky eater and disney had more comfort food than the other lines. I also think the shows on Rccl were better I loved disney dreams but.. I really enjoy the broad way musicals etc, comedians that are on rccl.. so no you will not be let down but there are some pos neg to both..

WE WERE ALSO ON THE WONDER 2/26 - 2/29. OUR 1ST CRUISE EVER. THE REASON WE PICKED DCL WAS TO GO TO CASTAWAY CAY. A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN WE COULD NOT DOCK!! THE LAST NIGHT WAS TO SAY THE LEAST AWFUL. ESPECIALLY FOR 1ST TIME CRUISERS. MY HUSBAND AND I ROLLED BACK AND FORTH IN BED AS THE SHIP TUMBLED OVER THE WAVES. THANK GOODNESS FOR DRAMAMINE! I HEARD MANY COMPLAINTS AT BREAKFAST BEFORE DEBARKATION ABOUT CASTAWAY CAY AND THE WEATHER. NOT SURE IF I WILL VENTURE OUT TO SEA AGAIN, MY HUSBAND IS A DEFINITE NO.

OTHER THAN THAT THE CREW WAS HAPPY, FRIENDLY AND MORE THAN WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA MILE TO PUT A SMILE ON SOMEONE'S FACE. THE FOOD WAS GREAT AND THE SHIP WAS EXTREMELY CLEAN.

yep thelast night was really ruff we had to use all of our towels to stuff drawers that opened, closed constantly had to pull one of mine off teh bunk bed as he was rolling to much etc.. lots of people sick in halls fortunetly we do not get sicka nd actually enjoyed the rocking except for the noise. We were disappointed also in castaway cay being missed... But like you said staff was always great service was good never had any lines and i thought we would...

I am so disappointed FOR you that you didn't get to CC. I hope you all get back there soon! It is worth doing DCL again just for CC....ahhhhh, paradise! :)

We had a great time -- our 1st cruise! Of course the weather could have been much better - Disappointed in missing Castaway Cay. Any word on how the Wedding Party made out? I heard that they were going to be married on Castaway Cay.

ruttie,

Did you take any pictures of cabin 7138? I would like to see them if you did as we are staying in 7638 on the 28th of this month for 4 days, and they appear to be the same. Thanks.

chel

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE SEAS WERE ON THE LAST NIGHT 2/28? THE TV IN THE STATEROOM SAID 4-8 FT BUT IT HAD TO BE MORE THAN THAT. I KNOW THIS IS A SILLY QUESTION BUT I'M VERY CURIOUS. I WAS TERRIFIED THAT NIGHT. I HAD NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT BEFORE. BUT I'M SURE IT GETS MUCH WORSE SOMETIMES.

:scared1:

it was reported to me that they had some swell up to 17 ft Imy guess would be somewhere between 10-20 for about and hour it was pretty bad the trusters were working overtime to compenaste.

cabin 7138 was great yes we took a few pictures but I am really slow getting them up.. You will love it it is huge!!!!and th ecloset is too die for!!! only problem for us was people kept looking around the balcony from th eoverlook on deck 7 into our s.....
Like i said before just be prepared for the metal rail.. I had seen them on barbs sight and wa snot thrilled with them just my preference as you could not see the ocean when you were sitting. But great location close to elevators that take you too all the food!!! Is your room also a handicapp?? if you have kids BEWARE there were buttons everywhere!!! even on th efloor for the kids to push!!!:eek: :mad: :eek:

Your rough seas cruise sounds like ours last March...we never made Grand Cayman and had a shorter time in Key West.
Nothing worse than being seasick and I hope NEVER to feel
like that again!
Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter