Disney without FastPass+

Macgrrl

Earning My Ears
We have just returned from Orlando after a 7 day visit from 8/10-14/10. We had planned on only going to the Magic Kingdom on this trip due to getting a one day ticket through a contact. Not having a multi day pass and only physically getting the ticket the day we arrived we didn't use the Fast Pass + system.

We went to the park on Tuesday 11 October for 9am and we were surprised at how close we got parking wise, Simba, and then how easy it was getting across to the park entrance. (Mono rails were down but bused across)

It did not take us long to go through bag check and into the park. This was my 10th visit and I've been at different times of the year but this was our 1st October time. We found the park easy to get around and the lines not too bad.

- Pirates 5 mins
- Splash Mountain 20 mins
- Little Mermaid 20 mins
- Monster Inc - 20 mins
- Hanted Mansion 10 mins
- Railroad - no wait

The only thing we didn't get on that we wanted to do was Seven Dwarves Mine Train which was at 60 minutes and usually we would have waited but we had to leave the park at 5 due to not having the Halloween party tickets.

Granted we didn't have kids who wanted to go on every kids ride & we had been before so we're happy to go to things we like - but not having the Fast Pass + didn't spoil our day drip to the Magic Kingdom and we were delighted as to how much we were able to do and see.

We also enjoyed the new muppets show at Liberty Square, the Main Street parade & the new castle show with Minnie & Mickey.

Good to hear! To be honest, we rarely used the old FP system, but the FP+ system really can get me bonkers. I have to keep reminding myself that there are plenty of non FP things to do, and that waiting in line for something is perfectly acceptable as well. It is so easy to start thinking that just because you don't have a FP that you won't be able to do something, which is not so.

I hope you do realize that you still could have used fastpass. The Magic Kingdom is the one park with enough capacity to possibly have some decent fastpasses left same day. There are kiosks in the park where you can schedule times.

Last edited:

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. But 5 rides plus the train in one day would probably leave me feeling disappointed. I guess that's what's interesting. Everyone has different expectations for their days in the parks.

When we have done a single park day, we have paid full price ($105 last time we did it times 3 of us, so $315 for the day). I might have had different expectations if I had a complimentary ticket.

Glad you had a good time.

I"m a local, I rarely have fastpasses until the day I'm in the park and may times it's mid afternoon until I know i'm heading over that evening. I also view the usually short line rides as a good way to save a few minutes here and there if your going to ride them anyway. at the end of the day, it's all about how much time you didn't spend in line even if you had to do a couple longer lines.

I'm a local too. We rarely make FPs in advance. Friday and Sunday evenings we went to Epcot. Only thing ds wanted to ride was Spaceship Earth. Made it easy. It was a 15 minute wait.

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. But 5 rides plus the train in one day would probably leave me feeling disappointed. I guess that's what's interesting. Everyone has different expectations for their days in the parks.

When we have done a single park day, we have paid full price ($105 last time we did it times 3 of us, so $315 for the day). I might have had different expectations if I had a complimentary ticket.

I agree. With annual passes and a relatively long trip we didn't have a problem just riding a few rides and leaving, but when we did the single park day tickets, we'd expect to be in the park all day and get more than 10 rides.

I"m a local, I rarely have fastpasses until the day I'm in the park and may times it's mid afternoon until I know i'm heading over that evening. I also view the usually short line rides as a good way to save a few minutes here and there if your going to ride them anyway. at the end of the day, it's all about how much time you didn't spend in line even if you had to do a couple longer lines.

Based on your other posts, you use DAS. That's essentially a legacy FP without the 2 hour time restriction.

Based on your other posts, you use DAS. That's essentially a legacy FP without the 2 hour time restriction.

I don't use DAS. My mom while she was in town got it but we only used it once (and didn't really need to so not sure why she did it). I use fastpass and das is nowhere near what legacy fastpass was.

Last edited:
Its good to know that you can still have a great time at MK without a ton of preplanning. Sounds fun!

6 attractions in 8 hours
I don't use DAS. My mom while she was in town got it but we only used it once (and didn't really need to so not sure why she did it). I use fastpass and das is nowhere near what legacy fastpass was.
How so? With Legacy you pulled a fastpass and you were given a return time. Isn't that the same as the DAS? Well except there are more DAS rides then were ever available with legacy FP. Yes?

How so? With Legacy you pulled a fastpass and you were given a return time. Isn't that the same as the DAS? Well except there are more DAS rides then were ever available with legacy FP. Yes?

I guess in that way is it the same and I see your point. Where I think of it as being different is that the return time is reasonable with DAS and the old fastpass system besides it running out of them fairly early in the day it didnt' take long until the time was just so far away you probably didn't get back around (if you were a family strolling around together) to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter