Disney with two broken arms - (Final Day 1/23)

Glad to have you back:thumbsup2 Trust me, things have been so busy, never a moment. Sorry about the luggage. We usually take our luggage with us, pick it up at MCO and load it with us on our bus leaving, just in case. Well, it sounds like it was a good call to go on your trip, even with two broken arms. You did a wonderful job muddling through for your family, eventhough you probably were in a bit of pain here and there. What a great mom:cheer2: Thanks for sharing your trip with us:drive:

Soooo Sorry to my faithful readers. Can't believe I've been away this long.:sad2: I really wish I had the video my DH made up on youtube but I myself couldn't figure it out so I've been waiting for DH's help.:rolleyes2 I really would love to be able to share it because only the people who lurk the DIS would fully appreciate it.:disrocks: Never say never, I'm going to nag DH some more this weekend.;)

So, for the final day. We only took one picture the final day. Just goes to show that we really did not want to leave. We slept in after shutting down MK at MNSSHP the night before. We used our 10 remaining snack credits to buy Mickey head rice crispy treats for family and friends. We also used our last to CS credits to share two chicken tender meals at Pop Century.

Leaving was CRAZY. I'm still not sure what was wrong but some lady was screaming at the Magic Express people and they would not let her on the bus. My poor girls had to witness this and it was not a good last memory. We had dropped off our luggage w/ the Magic Express service outside the hotel earlier that morning. It did make me nervous because there was a massive confusing line. I figured, "oh well they made it back last year". And we moved on.

So, (sorry for the quick retell, it's now been quite a while ago) anyway, we get back to our airport and low and behold NO BAGGAGE. It was a disaster. We had to call numerous people and ended up going home (1 1/2 hour car ride) w/o ANY luggage. For some time they were tracking 2 of our bags but had no idea where one was. This did not leave me with warm fuzzy feelings about Magic Express. :confused3

Anyhow, our luggage (all of it) was finally delivered to our house about 36 hours after we arrived home.

We LOVED this trip and it was definitely even more magical than our first trip. We are now planning our 2009 trip for the week before Christmas. We can't wait to experience Disney at Christmas time. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I also hope to do at least a couple nights on the beach this time as well.:beach:

Thank you so much for all my fabulous readers and new DIS friends!:grouphug:

Hopefully I'll still be able to get the video up on you tube. :flower3:

HI! Thanks for finishing!!! It was a great trip and nicely written about by you!! pixiedust: I hope we get to see the video your DH made....tell him to get on it!! LOL!:rotfl: I hope that you're doing well, your holidays were nice and that your arms are healing nicely at this point!! You're going to LOVE Disney at Christmastime, we went (see my TR below!) 2 weeks before and stayed at Pop this year and just LOVED it...it was so magical and the memories will be with me forever. And if you go, go to MVMCP during the week, it was the most magical night for us and worth every penny! My tip for you!!:p

Thanks again for sharing all of your wonderful memories and your pics with all of us DIS addicts!! LOL!! :rotfl:

Best wishes for a wonderful 2009 and I will look for your PTR sometime this year!! :wave2:

Take care,
Kristen:flower3:

What a nightmare with the baggage! We trouble when we GOT to our resort last time. They showed that it arrived, but it wasn't anywhere to be found. They had taken it to the wrong room. POR gave us a $50 voucher for our room because of the trouble. I'm glad that you are planning another trip. I wishe that we could go over the holidays, but with DS sports schedule, no way. I happy that you and your family enjoyed yourselves!! Great to meet you on the DIS!

Hey you!!! I was wondering what happened! Glad everythings okay. Now tell me...did they do ANYTHING extra for losing the luggage!? I would freak! Thank goodness they found it but still....I hope they gave ya a gift card or something for your next trip. :sad2: Wonder what was up with that lady? I witnessed a crazy act on this December trip too. A monorail fight. It was very ugly. :crazy2:

Fantastic trip report! Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

I'll be on the lookout for Christmas 09~ :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It was a lot of fun to follow along.

Glad you got your luggage ok. I've only had my luggage lost once - by Air France (usually I put an expletive between Air and France, but this is a family board :goodvibes ). We landed Saturday evening. They called to deliver at 6am on Tuesday. Of course half my stuff was soaking wet! At least it was the half that was just clothes and not stuff I bought on my trip. Strange thing, going over on Air France, about 1/4 of my stuff got soaked! :sad2:

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

thanks for sharing your beautiful family and trip with us. i truly enjoyed it. i would love to see the youtube video if you hubby does it. thanks again

:thumbsup2 Me + My Dad really enjoyed reading this! It looked like a very fun vacation and kept us reading for about an hour! :) It made us even more excited for our trip in May, too!!!:thumbsup2

I jumped on board really late, lol, like today. But I read the whole trip today, that was entertaining. thanks for sharing. Your family is beautiful. I learned a lot, that I hope to use as information for our trip one day.

Hope you are able to get that video going, I'd love to see it.

The pictures at the Poly were absolutely stunning.

I guess I'm glad we didn't eat at Cinderella's castle now after a few tr's I've read. When we went on our honeymoon I didn't know about the DIS and I didn't know we had to book reservations so far in advance, so we walked up to the castle and they turned us away :sad2: I was heartbroken, as I'm such a kid and princess fan. But now I'm thinking maybe not so bad after all, we went to crystal palace instead and really enjoyed it. :)

Hope you'll do another TR for your Christmas trip.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip. I'm so jealous you get to go back again in 09!! My sister-in-law went in early December, she normally goes in September like us and it is a big difference. The Christmas decorations are WONDERFUL, but do be prepared for crowds!! I don't know if you are going to do MVMCP when you go, but I've read several reviews of people who went and would not do it again because of the crowds. But a couple days at the beach to escape for a little while sounds fun! You will have a great time and I can't wait to read all about it (I hope you will do a TR!).

Tammy

Thanks for Sharing :goodvibes . I'm sad to see it come to an end:sad1: . Maybe you will write another one for your 2009 trip? Keep after DH about the video I would love to see it. God Bless You and Your Beautiful Family:grouphug:

Hey there,
I loved the photos you have taken and I loved the report you wrote :). You have beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband. I hope you add more posts....I would love to read them. :wave2:

So sad your tr is over. I really enjoyed your tr and hope that you can your dh to post the video for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter