Disney with infant twins???

StaciMay

I love Disney!
We are going back to Disney in October and our twin boys will be 8 months old. What is the best double stoller for twins to use at Disney. We will be going to Disney 1-2 times a year, so I don't mind investing in a good double stroller that will last me several years. Looking for light weight, reclines (for napping), with good storage underneath. Would purchasing 2 single strollers be a better option? That way DH and I could split up if need be.

I'm also looking at baby carriers, but DH and I are not fans of baby wearing, so I'm not sure I want to invest in an expensive carrier (like an Ergo) since we won't use them anywhere but Disney.

I have read a lot of good experiences with 8 month olds at Disney, but does anyone have any bad experiences with infants? I know it probably depends on the temprement of your child.

Any other tips?

Just looking for experiences and opinions. I am so excited about my twins first trip to Disney!!!

Go for a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. It folds easily and reclines. You can recline either side by itself which is also very handy. I have a single and love the stroller.

Staci, have you ever used a Valco? Valco baby makes the Cadillac
Of all strollers. It's an Australian company and beginning to boom in the US. Check P&K Family Rentals. They rent them at Disney if you want to try it before you buy. When you invest $700 in a stroller you really want to know if its the one for you. They are wonderful and this company is great with families. Very nice

Staci, have you ever used a Valco? Valco baby makes the Cadillac
Of all strollers. It's an Australian company and beginning to boom in the US. Check P&K Family Rentals. They rent them at Disney if you want to try it before you buy. When you invest $700 in a stroller you really want to know if its the one for you. They are wonderful and this company is great with families. Very nice

Never heard of Valco but will check it out! Thanks!

Baby jogger city select. It has stadium type seating. The storage is huge. The kids can face each other or both face front. Steers well and is narrow so it goes anywhere. Holds its value for resale. We paid one thousand in Canada and sold for seven hundred four years later. You can see demos of it online

We will be taking our then 13 month old twins in October as well. We are bringing our city mini double stroller. We will also bring a meitai wrap and ergo carrier to help with holding them in the lines. Having a carrier was such a help for us when we took our daughter at the same age.

We have 11 month old twins and LOVE our city mini double. That's typically WAY out of our budget (we bought almost everything for the twins secondhand or got hand-me-downs from friends & family) but I got a surprise bonus from my job and after a couple of weeks using a cheaper stroller that I LOATHED, we just went for it. Honestly, best money we ever spent. That thing steers like a dream, has fantastic sunshades, fits through every door I've tried & fields so easy.

I also am a huge, huge fan of our Ergo's. We're not big into babywearing nor are our girls, but we used them for the fall hiking spree that our local parks system has... we do it every year and it's just too hard to take a double stroller on hikes (even with large bicycle wheels) so we wore them. Took a little bit for them to adjust to it, but after that initial period, they did great & ended up sleeping through every hike we made. And it was so easy and comfortable for us to wear. We're planning on wearing them next fall too but on our backs since they're older now. We also got the Ergos used -- one as a hand-me-down, one I bought for $40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter