Disney with a 22-year-old man?

BabyGirl09

Earning My Ears
So I work for the Mouse, and I will be taking my brother to Disney World in June to celebrate his graduation form college and his new job!

I've been to Disney a few times recently, and I've had a great time as always, but I feel like things are a little different with a college-aged guy around (it's always been me and my female friends).

Does anyone have some tips for how to make the most out of this trip? He's totally game for anything, and will have a great time no matter what - but I want us to have the BEST time we can!

I'm 25 and my DBF is 23. We have been twice now. I don't feel like we've done anything differently than the other families on vacation. We are both just big kids who enjoy the occasional Lapu Lapu :goodvibes

The only thing we don't really spend a lot of time doing is meeting characters.

I went with my wife in 2010 and here are some things we did to make it fun:

Choose an attraction that you're going to ride as many times as possible in a day. Using fast pass and getting there at rope drop you can do Space Mountain like 10 times before noon. We were able to do Splash 25 times in one day. This works well if you're going to be there 5 days or more so you can "waste" a day focused on doing one big ride as many times as possible.

Make funny faces at the camera when it takes your souvenir picture then check it out after the ride and try to out do each other for best picture. For Dinosaur try to look really scared of the dinosaur that attacks you when they take your picture. For Space Mountain the key is to pretend to be picking your nose. Just put your finger next to your nose on the opposite side of where the picture's coming from and it totally looks like you're picking your nose. I've also looked like I was praying (hands folded, head down), I've done rabbit ears to the wife (two fingers behind her head), pulled my shirt up over my head so it looks like I'm headless, etc. The key is to not tell each other what you'll be doing and then find out what the other person did when you see the picture at the end of the ride. It's also funny hearing other people comment on your picture (they don't realize you're standing next to them, and they also don't realize you did this on purpose, so it's funny to hear what their reaction is to your picture).

Make funny comments during the ride. I have three patented comments on Space Mountain. First, when the picture gets taken at the beginning of the ride right after you go through the tunnel and right before you go up the incline there is a flash from the camera. After the flash yell out "I'm blind!". Also when you get to the top of the incline yell out "nobody told me this ride was in the dark!" I've also spent the entire ride screaming in fear except for one part where you slow down a little and you can see a galaxy in the sky I'll say "Hey is that the Milky Way?" and then continue screaming after we go down the next drop.

Wave to and/or talk to people waiting in line while you're on the ride. On Space Mountain right when you load when you're in the rocket before you start down the tunnel the CM makes you wait for a minute to make sure the spacing between vehicles is correct. Talk to the people waiting in line. Tell them you've never ridden it before and ask them if it's scary. Or just yell out "Space Mountain! Whoo Hoo!!!" and you'll get a huge cheer from the crowd. On Thunder Mountain right at the end of the ride when you're pulling into the station the ride will stop abruptly then roll forward 10 feet to where it actually stops to load/unload. Have your arms up and say something like "Thunder Mountain! Awesome!" and then when the car stops suddenly act like you really nailed your midsection on the safety bar, yell out "oof" and bend over like you really nailed yourself. It's good fun for the people in line.

Send in jokes via text to the Monsters, Inc laugh floor and see who can get their joke on the show first. I got a joke on and it was hilarious to hear a monster say "here is a joke from Jason from New York" (my joke was "why is six afraid of seven? Because seven ate nine!")

The key is to do a few goofy/weird things that people don't normally do to add a little fun to the trip and to try to impact other people so you guys can talk about the reactions you got.

What is your DB into? Sports, Autos, Fishing, Water Skiing, Bars -Any input can help us give you suggestions.
Sports - ESPN/WWS or ESPN Club on the Boardwalk
Autos - RPDE
Fishing/WaterSkiing - At the FWC or one of the resorts around Bay Lake.
Bars - Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance on the Boardwalk, Raglan Road at DTD, servel goods lounges at the resorts depending on the type of music/entertainment he would enjoy.

Went last June for my college graduation with my DBF (who was 23 at the time)...

I'm 25 and my DBF is 23. We have been twice now. I don't feel like we've done anything differently than the other families on vacation. We are both just big kids who enjoy the occasional Lapu Lapu :goodvibes

The only thing we don't really spend a lot of time doing is meeting characters.

I second this. We really didn't do anything out-of-the-ordinary to cater to our ages. Maybe we skipped a few of the really young attractions or characters, but mostly we did everything like everyone else. We still had fun with characters that we personally like.

I went with my wife in 2010 and here are some things we did to make it fun:

Choose an attraction that you're going to ride as many times as possible in a day. Using fast pass and getting there at rope drop you can do Space Mountain like 10 times before noon. We were able to do Splash 25 times in one day. This works well if you're going to be there 5 days or more so you can "waste" a day focused on doing one big ride as many times as possible.

Make funny faces at the camera when it takes your souvenir picture then check it out after the ride and try to out do each other for best picture. For Dinosaur try to look really scared of the dinosaur that attacks you when they take your picture. For Space Mountain the key is to pretend to be picking your nose. Just put your finger next to your nose on the opposite side of where the picture's coming from and it totally looks like you're picking your nose. I've also looked like I was praying (hands folded, head down), I've done rabbit ears to the wife (two fingers behind her head), pulled my shirt up over my head so it looks like I'm headless, etc. The key is to not tell each other what you'll be doing and then find out what the other person did when you see the picture at the end of the ride. It's also funny hearing other people comment on your picture (they don't realize you're standing next to them, and they also don't realize you did this on purpose, so it's funny to hear what their reaction is to your picture).

My DBF loved the ride pictures, everytime he would try to make a different face or put his sunglasses on in Space Mountain to "look cool". I was always screaming to much to participate, but he loved it.

We also did the ride game at AK for Everest (although not 25 times). DBF had a lot of fun using the FastPass system to keep re-riding and skipping the lines... Pretty sure I turned him into a Disney machine.

Thank you guys so much for the input!

My db is into sports (we both are!)...and bars, like so many fresh out of college men ;) Drinking around the world might be what he's most excited for, haha.

We'll definitely check out Jellyrolls and ESPN Zone wil probably happen (I actually work for ESPN, which is how this trip is happening for us :) ), since we're staying at Boardwalk.

Thanks agin :D This board is always so helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter