Disney with a 2 year 10 month old boy

My DH and I took our GD when she turned 2. It was Veterans Day Weekend and it was still hot weather. They even closed the parks unless you were a AP owner. We were at Disneyland and stayed at GC.
She loved every fountain and puddle. We would stop and examine flowers and birds. We stood in all the meet and greet lines and she loved it.
We stopped in the middle of the day and went swimming. She has never been a napper so that was no problem.
We stayed for the parades and it snowed. She was in heaven. She has always loved fireworks and loved it.
We went to lunch at Ariel's Grotto and she just about climbed out of the high chair when she saw Cinderella. I didn't even know that she knew who she was. She is yelling Rella Rella come here.
She is an only so she has always done things with adults and is very easy going most of the time.
Just go with the flow, let your child tell you what he needs and you should have a great time.

I think our expectations are realistic. There are things I'm hoping for, that he loves Dumbo, fountains, the animals and that he doesn't much care for IASW but we are prepared to do it 20 times if he wants. I have a feeling he will love any and all music. If he stays on the path he is on right now Characters will be a no go but there is a lot of growing and changing to do before we leave.

I love hearing everyone's experiences. Thank you so much for sharing!

When we first took our girls, our youngest had literally turned 3 the day before our trip. We worried about her nap schedule, the bathroom (she was potty trained but we worried that she wouldn't tell us she had to go), we worried about the girls getting cranky and spazzing out.

DH and I had done multiple trips before we had kids and were seriously worried we would take the girls and never want to go again!! :lmao:

I'm glad to say that the trip was a dream!!! :cloud9: Our girls were amazing!!! Although, that trip signaled the end of our youngest daughters naps...she just stopped on that trip. They were both wonderful, stayed in the park from open to close. When they were tired, they would take a little power nap in the stroller. They were basically little commandos! (Our oldest was 5 at the time).

The trip totally went the opposite of how we expected it to, so I guess you just plan for the worst and hope for the best. We have been going yearly since that trip in 2009 and our girls will have their 4th trip in April (they are now 6 and 8) and each trip has been more magical than the last. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter