Disney with 3 under 3! I just might be crazy! My first PTR.

Subscribing. Your kids are so cute! You are going to have quite the adventure, I'm sure!

Just some little updates. Someone at my husbands job was getting rid of their twin mclaren stroller so we got it for free. I'm pretty excited because I had been wanting to get a nice durable stroller. Now I will not have to rent the double stroller like I had intended, I can just bring this one with me.
Here is a pic of the stroller

DS and I had a little coloring time and decided to make our little containers to save change for the trip. I figure whatever we save we can put toward gas and snacks for the road. Here are some pics of our coin containers

Our customized maps came in the mail the other day. I was excited to get a little bit of disney magic in the mail. Here are some pics

These were really cute and FREE!

We are right around the 100 day mark, 102 to be exact. I am getting more excited everyday.
To get in the spirit of things, I have decided to do a 100 days of disney movies to get us ready. I think it will be a fun sort of challenge, I have already made us a list and schedule. You know being the compulsive planner and good diser that I am lol
It will actually be 103 days, since we started yesterday.
Our movie yesterday was Holes. DS wasn't that in to it, he doesn't get too excited about live action, he's more an animated kind of guy. I happen to love the movie, asI love the book.

Today's movie is Bolt. I have actually never seen this but do own it on blu ray thanks to the disney movie club.
I guess we will see how it is.

Also we celebrated the twins 6 month half birthday yesterday. (Two halves make a whole, right? Lol)
Here's a little pic of them, so amazed by how big they are getting. It really is sweet to stop and think about their first 6 months and how much they have overcome.

That's all for now, gotta run to costco and buy them out of diapers and formula lol

They're so cute! I love twins! I think any parent of twins is amazing though, I struggle enough with one, let alone two! (Let alone three under three!!!) :rotfl:

You're almost double digits! :cool1: It's getting so close, we're still over 200 days away

We are at 94 days yay! I downloaded a free countdown app.here is a screenshot.

So my mother has decided to join us. She booked her trip and will be flying in November 11 and staying til the 20. I will be picking her up from the airport since we will already be there. She decided to buy the Florida resident seasonal pass that has black out dates. Since we are planning a trip, just me, her, and the kid in February it will be perfect for her. The February trip will probably be a split trip between Orlando and her condo in boca.

But anyways focusing on this trip. I'm trying to make a list of all the attraction we want to ride. I measured DS yesterday in the doctors office. He is 39 and 1/4 inches in bare feet. I guess will see if he grows 3/4 of an inch in 3 months or not. I'm thinking the only attractions that require him to be 40 inches that he will want to ride are splash, test track, and soarin. Possibly BTMR.

We have been keeping up with our movie countdown.
My son really liked Bolt. So in true toddler fashion we have now watched it a bizillion times lol

On July 31 we watched the new Alice in wonderland which I have never seen before. It really wasn't my cup of tea.

Aug 1 we watched Up which is a favorite of mine.

August 2 we watched finding nemo, another favorite of DS that I have watched a trillion times.

August 3 we watched the original Alice in wonderland, which was a lot stranger than I remembered.

August 4 we watched a bugs life, which I really am not a fan of. But DS is so sadly I have seen this film way more times than I have liked to.

August 5 Ds begged for Frozen. I am so frozened out it's not even funny. I hadn't planned on watching this one until right before our trip but if you haven't guessed already my son usually wins when it comes to movie selections lol

And last night we watched Air Bud, which I happen to love. I haven't seen it in years but own it on DvD so it was nice to catch up with an old favorite. DS who as I said in earlier posts is not a live action fan, was not impressed at all. He watched all of 5 mins before he moved on to playing with trains.

And tonight's movie is LILO and Stitch.

Well that's all for now.

Beautiful kids!!! Sounds like you are going to have an exhausting, but wonderful time. It's not crazy at all, your right, life is short, we are not promised tomorrow!! Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)!!! Enjoy your babies, they won't rember it, but you will! They will love the pics when they get older!

I have 32 wk identical twin boys! They are 13 now! They have no effects from being a preemie, but they do have autism.

Fantastic news on the free stroller!

I know safety is of most importance, but thick shoes for your son? Most soles are probably close to an inch.

I like Disney movies, but I could not do one every night. We just saw Frozen a couple of weeks ago. We do see most in the theaters, even though my son is now 15, he likes to see them.

And happy your Mother is coming along. The more help the better.

Beautiful kids!!! Sounds like you are going to have an exhausting, but wonderful time. It's not crazy at all, your right, life is short, we are not promised tomorrow!! Carpe Diem (Seize the Day)!!! Enjoy your babies, they won't rember it, but you will! They will love the pics when they get older! I have 32 wk identical twin boys! They are 13 now! They have no effects from being a preemie, but they do have autism.

Thank you! It's so nice to hear about other preemie twins doing well. I have been going through a lot lately with them. At their check up last month their doctor was concerned about several of their developmental delays so she referred us to early intervention. They both favor their right side (tortocollis), aren't rolling over yet, head are wobbly,not holding bottles etc. So after a grueling approval process we start next week with physical and occupational therapy once a week.

Fantastic news on the free stroller! I know safety is of most importance, but thick shoes for your son? Most soles are probably close to an inch. I like Disney movies, but I could not do one every night. We just saw Frozen a couple of weeks ago. We do see most in the theaters, even though my son is now 15, he likes to see them. And happy your Mother is coming along. The more help the better.

Haha we have definitely had many conversations about what shoes would be best for my son. I am definitely going to try on all his sneakers and see which ones give him he most height lol he also still has 3 months to grow an inch, so that's possible too.

Some planning updates, I cancelled my rainforest cafe reservation for November 16 and got us in at trex for lunch at 2 pm. I am really happy with this time because we decided to do the party that night, so I think that should leave us enough time to get to MK by 4/5 for the party.

Now for some life updates. (Kind of mini TR)
It was DS birthday so rather than throw him a party this year we decided to take a mini family trip to Hershey Park in Pennsylvania. It's about 2 1/2 hours from where I live in NY. This trip was our disney dry run lol I wanted to test out our stroller and theme park strategies. While this trip had some major snafus that were out of our control, I am happy to say that overall traveling with the babies went well and we had a nice time.
We hit major traffic on the way there, there was a major accident that caused the entire highway to hershey to be shut down. It was insane. So it basically took us 6 hours to get there and I was changing poo poo diapers in the back seat while we were deadlocked on a detour next to farms and cows lol when we finally got there, hershey park was super crowded. It was a Saturday so I wasn't surprised. DS managed to do a lot though, as the kiddie rides had minimal waits. The babies enjoyed their new stroller and ate and napped.

Dh hanging with the hershey bar lol

The fun ended when we got to our hotel unfortunately. I'm not gonna go into too much detail but it was basically the worst hotel stay of my life. They messed up our reservation and gave us a room with only a single queen bed for the 5 of us. So yeah that was no good.

Our second day at hershey was a lot of fun. It was a lot of maneuvering with the diaper changes and the bottle feeding. I am really hoping by the time disney comes they will be able to at least hold their bottles themselves. We will see how physical therapy goes. Also I think disney will be better because we we have added help of grandmothers, and in disney most of the rides we can all go on together, where in hershey there was hardly anything the babies could ride.

Also last Friday we did a day at six flags great adventure. This was a day trip with my dad, my son, and my sister and my niece. The twins stayed home with my husband. It was nice to have some time to just focus on my DS. He also tested out the new stroller that he shared with my niece.

Overall I have to say I really like the stroller. It is pretty lightweight, not huge at all, and easy to remove. The only con is the shade doesn't cover up enough. I need to look into getting some sort of supplemental sunshade.

All in all I would say we had some great theme park experiences and definitely got DS in the groove of waiting on lines and riding rides. So when disney comes, he will already be accustomed a little. However no matter what other theme park I visit there's always this sad feeling looming over "it's not disney" lol

We have kept up with watching our movies. Even on our theme park visit days, we watched some in the car lol

Right now our official countdown is at 73 days woohoo. I can't wait!

The park days sound like fun. I have been wanting to go to Hershey since we moved back to VA 3 years ago. My DS won't hardly ride anything there, well at least not my favorites, the roller coasters.

Between that and Six Flags, that was good practice for standing in lines. Disney has a lot to look at while in line, other theme parks usually don't.

Sorry about the traffic and the hotel experience. I may need to get the name of it so I can avoid it.

Update time!!!

It's getting close only 60 days away! I just paid our balance for our villa rental :)
We ordered our tickets, well everyone but me, I ordered my AP back in July I was that excited lol I also purchased our tickets for mickeys very merry Christmas party on November 16.

I'm really excited for the party. My mother and grandmother do not have an interest so they have so generously agreed to watch the twins while DH and I take DS. I think it will be great to have some one on one time with our little man since things can get pretty hectic with his little brother and sister.

I was so excited when some disney mail arrived today

I have been tweeking our plans left and right, canceling and adding dining reservations etc. I am trying to get it all figured out and post an updated itinerary soon.

Yesterday in a stroke of luck, I was able to snatch up this coveted ADR

I saw on the dining boards that they had released a bunch of adrs on party nights between 6 and 6:30, and I was able to snag one!!! Yay I was only able to get a reservation for 4 so my mom has volunteered to stay in with the twins, while DH, DS, my grandmother, and I get to go. We won't be going to the party this night so we will have to leave after we eat, thinking of possibly heading over to Epcot for fireworks after.

It was my nieces birthday this past weekend so we had a Minnie themed party for her at my house. All the kids dressed as disney characters it was great. Here are some pics

DS only had a Mickey shirt, my niece was Minnie, and the twins were Snow White and Donald.

I couldn't get over this Donald costume. I hope it still fits him when we go.

There was also a special guest, and I have to say DS was the most excited kid there. He was hugging Minnie and dancing with her. I hope all his interactions on our trip go just a good as this went.

You can see in his face in this picture how excited he was.

Well that's all for now. I will be posting with my updated itinerary soon :)

Love the pics from the birthday party! :cool1: They all looked so cute in their outfits, Minnie too. ;)

So much fun! Your babies are adorable. I have boy\girl twins too who just turned 2. We are planning their second trip to wdw for this December. Congrats on the BOG res too! I was so disappointed when I couldn't get it at 6am at the 180 day mark each day of our trip. But then a couple weeks later my stalking magically paid off as well for a 430 res on a Christmas party night. Have a good trip!

Love the pics from the birthday party! :cool1: They all looked so cute in their outfits, Minnie too. ;)

Thank you :)

So much fun! Your babies are adorable. I have boy\girl twins too who just turned 2. We are planning their second trip to wdw for this December. Congrats on the BOG res too! I was so disappointed when I couldn't get it at 6am at the 180 day mark each day of our trip. But then a couple weeks later my stalking magically paid off as well for a 430 res on a Christmas party night. Have a good trip!

Yay twins! How old were they when you took them on their first visit?

Yes I have been stalking the cancel reservation thread like crazy haha

So as of right now here is my tentative schedule. I am in major need of opinions on the dining reservations lol I am all over the place changing my mind every minute.

Sunday November 9-leave for disney!
Our plan is to leave around 7 pm at night which is the twins normal bedtime. I am thinking driving through the night will be the easiest for them as they will hopefully sleep most of the way.

Monday November 10- hopefully arrive to our villa in Orlando sometime in the afternoon.
I am thinking we will stop and pick up my grandmother at her home in Kissimmee on the way to our vacation home. I don't have anything planned for this day, just unwinding from our drive, maybe a trip to the store for some breakfast groceries and other things we may need. If we are feeling up to it I would love to get dinner at Cracker Barrel, it's a favorite of mine and there aren't any around me locally.

Tuesday November 11-
I have an 11:30 breakfast reservation at 1900 PF, I am not sure if I am going to keep this or not. I really like the idea of having a character breakfast on our first morning, since we won't be having any park time this day.

I also have a reservation at kona cafe for a 12:35 lunch. Our original plan before I got the 1900 PF res was to eat here, and maybe take a ride on the monorail. DH and I really loved our trip to Maui and we fell in love with the Hawaiian cuisine there so I thought having lunch here would bring back some good memories for us.

I have to pick up my mom at Orlando airport at 3:30 so also not sure if the lunch gives me enough time to get to the airport. I will obviously have to cancel one of these reservations since I am not going to eat breakfast and then lunch right after lol any thoughts?

Evening plans are up in the air. We could relax at the villa, could grab some dinner or order in, or maybe go see some disney fireworks somewhere.

Wednesday November 12 -
Hollywood studios day
Some attractions we would like to see this day are:
Toy story mania
Meet toy story characters
Disney junior show
Beauty and the beast show
Tower of terror
Little mermaid show

I have two reservations for this day, and will obviously need to cancel one. I had originally wanted to eat at Hollywood and Vine for the character meal and I was able to get a reservation for 2:55. However a few factors have caused me to feel like canceling it. I have dad some not so great reviews of the food, and my DH hates buffets in general, so I know he probably won't enjoy this. Also my DS isn't as in to jake as he was last year, I'm sure he will enjoy it . I was also able to add in a few other character meals so now this isn't the only character meal we have now.

So the other choice for food this day is a "dinner" at 4:00 pm at 50s prime-time, I have been here before and really loved it, the drinks and food were great.

I have to cancel one. Where should we eat?

Thursday November 13-
Magic kingdom day

Some attractions we would like to do this day
Little mermaid
Meet Mickey
Small world
Peter Pan
Pooh
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Haunted mansion
Buzz light year
Teacups
Tommorrow land speedway
Philharmagic

I have lunch reservation at the plaza but not sure I'm going to keep this, we have our be our guest reservations this night and I don't want to be too full to enjoy it.
I also wanted to try the chicken and waffles at sleepy hollow and this is probably the only chance I will have to do that.

Hoping to be out of the park by 3. DH,DS, my grandmother, and I will return to the park around 5:30 for our be our guest reservation at 6:15. We will have to leave when we are done because we will not be attending the party. I am thinking maybe we will take the monorail over to Epcot and spend a little time there.

Friday November 14
This was originally supposed to be our animal kingdom day but then i was able to get tusker house reservations for Saturday instead so I changed things.
Right now there are no plans for this day. Considering doing some Epcot since we won't be there until Monday.

Saturday November 15
Animal kingdom day

Things we would like to do this day
Safari
Everest
Dinoland and all the kiddie rides there
Lion king show
Dinosaur
And depending on the weather kali river rapids

We have a 3:55reservation at tusker house for a late lunch. Last time we ate here for breakfast, curious to see how the lunch is.

Sunday November 16
Some shopping at dtd.
We have a 12:00 pm lunch reservation for trex. P

DH, DS, and I will be going to the party this night.
I am really excited, I've never done a party before.

Monday November 17
Epcot day

Things we would like to do this day
Living with the land
Soarin
Test track
The sea with nemo
Spaceship earth
Figment

We have lunch reservations for San angel inn

Tuesday November 18
This was originally supposed to be a Hollywood studios day but I was able to get a crystal palace reservation for this day so had to make changes.
When I first made adrs back at 180 days, I didn't really think DS would care too much about this. We went last summer for lunch when we we're down there for a day and he wasn't that impressed. But over the summer he's started to really like pooh and friends so I'm glad I was able to grab this ADR.

Things we would like to do today
Splash mountain
Pirates of the carribean
Big thunder
Country bears
Jungle cruise
Anything we didn't get to see or do our first MK day

Our lunch reservation is for 2 pm

Thursday November 19
This is day I'm having the most trouble with. This was probably supposed to be an MK day. I have reservations for liberty tree tavern for lunch. But I just got the cp res for the day before. I am thinking about doing Hollywood studios this day but we have no reservations there. I am not a huge fan of their counter service. I really wish I had gotten the 50s prime time res for this day.

Right now this is tentatively Hollywood studios and I will be looking like a mad woman for a cancellation at some TS there. I see brown derby has availability but u think it might be too fancy for us.

So this is the plans for now, of course I'm sure they will change 1,000 times before I get it all down.m

Just wanted to say hi! I am enjoying your TR, and in fact have started reading this forum to keep up my disney fix!

Your family is adorable, and I am sure you will have a great time! It's great to be able to take some help along :) . We went February 2013 for my daughters 5th birthday, and my younger daughter was not quite 2.5 at the time. We took my parents with us to celebrate their 40th anniversary and to help out :thumbsup2. It worked out wonderfully, and we all had an amazing time! We are trying to plan another trip, but my FIL is quite sick, so we haven't booked anything yet (we don't want to be so far away if something goes downhill regarding his care). In the meantime, I read other people plans and trip reports !:goodvibes

I don't think it's crazy to plan with young kids...I wanted us to go this month with my 10 month old! He is at the age when I think he would love it! Your twins won't be walking, so it'll be easier, and if they're not terrified of the characters :lmao: should be amazed at everything! And your son seemed to have a fab time with Minnie, so will love it all....I think it's a great age! My 2 year old was enamored of the characters, and thought they were all real (once she got over her shock).

Good for you for driving...how many hours is that? I took a road trip this summer with just me and the kids (700 miles each way) and it went better than I thought it would.

The villa you've rented sounds great, and I am sure you'll have an amazing time. Look forward to following along!

Your plans are shaping us nicely and I love that you have wiggle room to rest and enjoy.

I would totally go to 1900 Park for the breakfast. While it is buffet style it is all yummy breakfast foods The Character meet ups were so fun and cover a large group - Alice & Mad hatter, Pooh & Tigger and Mary Poppins were there when we did it.It is a great way to start your trip with no park reservation.

As for H&V - it was so so for me food wise, but the character interaction was wonderful. They do a few little shows with singing and it is a great line up right now - Jake, Manny, Sofia the first and Doc.

For party night you guys are allowed to enter the park at 4PM and book FP for the 3 hours before the party officially begins so if you do not have park tickets or hoppers for that day it gives you the chance to do a few rides with just you and DS & DH

Looks so exciting - Congrats on BOG res...we loved it

Just wanted to say hi! I am enjoying your TR, and in fact have started reading this forum to keep up my disney fix!

Your family is adorable, and I am sure you will have a great time! It's great to be able to take some help along :) . We went February 2013 for my daughters 5th birthday, and my younger daughter was not quite 2.5 at the time. We took my parents with us to celebrate their 40th anniversary and to help out :thumbsup2. It worked out wonderfully, and we all had an amazing time! We are trying to plan another trip, but my FIL is quite sick, so we haven't booked anything yet (we don't want to be so far away if something goes downhill regarding his care). In the meantime, I read other people plans and trip reports !:goodvibes

I don't think it's crazy to plan with young kids...I wanted us to go this month with my 10 month old! He is at the age when I think he would love it! Your twins won't be walking, so it'll be easier, and if they're not terrified of the characters :lmao: should be amazed at everything! And your son seemed to have a fab time with Minnie, so will love it all....I think it's a great age! My 2 year old was enamored of the characters, and thought they were all real (once she got over her shock).

Good for you for driving...how many hours is that? I took a road trip this summer with just me and the kids (700 miles each way) and it went better than I thought it would.

The villa you've rented sounds great, and I am sure you'll have an amazing time. Look forward to following along!

So sorry about your FIL, hoping his health improves. I know for me when i was going through a hard time when the babies were in the hospital and i couldn't sleep at night, i would go read a little of someone TR and it would help take my mind off things for a bit.

The drive is 16 1/2 hours without stops. we will definitely be stopping and taking breaks when needed.

Your plans are shaping us nicely and I love that you have wiggle room to rest and enjoy.

I would totally go to 1900 Park for the breakfast. While it is buffet style it is all yummy breakfast foods The Character meet ups were so fun and cover a large group - Alice & Mad hatter, Pooh & Tigger and Mary Poppins were there when we did it.It is a great way to start your trip with no park reservation.

As for H&V - it was so so for me food wise, but the character interaction was wonderful. They do a few little shows with singing and it is a great line up right now - Jake, Manny, Sofia the first and Doc.

For party night you guys are allowed to enter the park at 4PM and book FP for the 3 hours before the party officially begins so if you do not have park tickets or hoppers for that day it gives you the chance to do a few rides with just you and DS & DH

Looks so exciting - Congrats on BOG res...we loved it

I had to schedule rest and wiggle room or my DH would never go on a disney trip with me again lol

I am really looking forward to the party. Our plan is definitely to get there at 4 and enjoy as much time with just the three of us as we can.

Major update time Wooohoo!!
So the first bit of news is kind of sad, my MIL won't be joining us for this trip. I feel very sad for her because she hasn't had a vacation in years, but unfortunately she just can't get the time away from the farm right now. So it looks like the trip will just be us, my mom, and my grandmother.
Now onto the good news....
So last weekend I was talking to DH about how i was solo bummed that the epcot food and wine festival was ending on the 10th and we wouldn't be arriving until mid day the 10th :(
Then dh said those magic words that every disser loves to hear "Why don't we just go a couple of days earlier?" :hug:
Well you don't have to ask me twice. I was in. DH was already going to be off from work anyway that weekend so why not leave 2 days early and get to see the food and wine festival, something we've never been to and always wanted to go to.
So our new plan is to leave friday night instead of sunday. DH works graveyard shift so he will work midnight to 8 and go sleep when he gets home. Then when he wakes up we will load up the car and head to Florida wooohooo.

Our first thought was we could just stay at my grandmothers, but as I've mentioned before its a very small condo in a senior community. not exactly ideal for us. So i started to search the web, and decided to take a risk on priceline name your price. We knew we wanted something pretty cheap and near disney, its only for 2 nights so we werent looking for luxury, just a place to sleep.
I put in for a 3 star in the disney area. I was pretty shocked when my lowball bid was accepted and we got the clarion inn, right down the street from DTD. I immediately looked up the hotel and it seems to be just what we were looking for. So I'm hoping everything works out with that.

Now i have to come up with a game plan for our extra 2 days :) I was able to get a pre park opening breakfast at Hollywood and Vine for our first morning, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep that. I like the idea of having breakfast there, as opposed to lunch, because of the food reviews I've been seeing. Im just nervous about how early it is, and getting there early enough with all the kids.
Obviously the biggest thing we want to do is epcot food and wine festival, most likely visit epcot on both extra days.

Well that is all for now. Ive definitely got some major planning to do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter