• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish Favorites and Must-Dos

YensidRocks

Mouseketeer
What are your favorite must-dos and tips and tricks when vacationing on the new Disney Wish? This cruise will be our first time traveling without our DD and our first time on this ship. We will be on a three-night sailing in August and don't plan on disembarking on our Nassau day.

We also did not embark in Nassau and did Palo brunch that day - it was fantastic. We did a 10:30 am seating and, basically, ate both breakfast and lunch there! We thought the Cove adult area was really nice as well. We didn't go in, but the barber shop looked pretty cool (great theming) and they serve drinks in there. My friend loved some of the special massages in the spa and even the salon is gorgeous (and I think serves drinks as well).

Many people will tell you that the adult pool area on the Wish is a bit small (which it is compared to the other DCL ships). However, if you're not in a hurry to get off at Castaway Cay, we used the early morning time to use the adult hot tub/pool for a bit before getting off. We had the place to ourselves and I have to say that the infinity pool with a view of Castaway was great! We had an early breakfast at Cabana's and then hit the adult area from around 8-8:45 and then got off at Castaway around 9:30 or so. Was a great plan for us!

I suggest hitting the aqua mouse when you first board, and then hitting festival of foods versus fighting for a spot at Marceline market.

The adult pool is small and the adult hot tub is in a weird location, but I enjoyed going in the evening.

Trivia in Tritons tended to fill up very quickly. It’s just kind of a small venue get there early. Bayou can have similar issues especially for Disney music trivia.

It’s a really beautiful ship. I absolutely love pirate night on it. There are things about it I don’t like, but I still think you’ll have a great time.

This is kind of a weird one and it may not be able to be duplicated. I went to the adult pool after dark (7pm-ish?) when it was completely deserted and lit up. There is a divider that comes most of the way across the pool. I guess it was the motion of the ship that night, but there was a wave effect going from one end to the other. I just laid back and stargazed as it continuously pushed me in a figure 8 pattern between the two sides of the pool.

I really enjoyed how spacious the adult pool area is. Not much too much space in the actual pool but tons of loungers to relax in. Never had a problem finding a chair. Also liked how the adult area was secluded and there weren’t any kids crossing through to get to another area.

Don't miss the Hyperion Lounge. We originally didn't bother with it because we heard it was hard to find seating but we were wandering around and stopped in to see it was half empty with plenty of seating at the bar. The bar has the active video. We were happy we tried it out. The drinks are overpriced but it is a full service bar so there's no need to do a special beverage. Frankly, the one I tried was virtually tasteless. I thought it was me but the person next to me had the same beverage and asked me if I could taste anything other than smoke.

Neither of us are mixed drinkers but we enjoyed the martini tasting. The bartender was very amusing and a lot of fun which totally enhanced the tasting experience.

We loved the adult area. We always found seating, even when the area was well used. It has such a beautiful view. We also really enjoyed Currents. Currents overlooks the kids splash area which is behind glass so no noise factor. We found all the kids areas to be much more noise managed that previous trips. It makes watching the Funnel Vision an option.

Many people will tell you that the adult pool area on the Wish is a bit small (which it is compared to the other DCL ships). However, if you're not in a hurry to get off at Castaway Cay, we used the early morning time to use the adult hot tub/pool for a bit before getting off. We had the place to ourselves and I have to say that the infinity pool with a view of Castaway was great! We had an early breakfast at Cabana's and then hit the adult area from around 8-8:45 and then got off at Castaway around 9:30 or so. Was a great plan for us!
I’ve not done the Wish yet but this is my plan next year. Glad it is a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter