• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wish activities bookings

Olaf's picnic sounds interesting but our daughter has done the royal court tea a couple of times and decided she doesnt want to do it. 9 year olds grown up way to fast these days................she thinks it is for younger kids.

My 9 yo would love the Olafs picnic, planning on it for out end of august cruise if we get to actually go.

It was an absolute nightmare. I knew that all the cabanas would be gone, but trying to book an Enchante reservation was ridiculous. Finally got a reservation for the first night, which will be tricky. Also snagged a tasting, but all the Mixologies were already gone. Disappointed that the process was so frustrating. Thrilled to be on the MV, but hard to see everything gone to concierge as a mid-tier Platinum.

I also noticed there were not nearly as many tastings has there usually are. I didn't see a Chocolate and Liquor at all. Of course - maybe it was under all those errors

I don't think this is just because it's the Maiden, probably also the fault of the big technology update that screwed up everything last week. For the few people on our cruise who were able to check in at midnight (i.e., who didn't get the PIF glitch), they reported lots of spinny wheels and crashed screens and said check in took over an hour because of it. The IT is completely broken.

It was an absolute nightmare. I knew that all the cabanas would be gone, but trying to book an Enchante reservation was ridiculous. Finally got a reservation for the first night, which will be tricky. Also snagged a tasting, but all the Mixologies were already gone. Disappointed that the process was so frustrating. Thrilled to be on the MV, but hard to see everything gone to concierge as a mid-tier Platinum.

Congrats~! You’re one of the very lucky few to get one! :)

I thought I managed a tasting - it went all the way through but then never showed up on my itinerary. When I noticed and went back they were of course sold out.

I did “see” days and times for Olaf’s picnic but did not actually try to book it. With how things went I’ve no idea if I would have been able to.

I also didn’t get a confirmation email for a CC activity… do they not send those anymore?

Yea that was like trying to get tickets for a concert on Ticketmaster...could not get in then everything sold out.

I was just trying to see if I could book Palo or a tasting but I figured would sell out quickly so was not holding my breath for anything. There will be another time I am able to get those things on the WISH and just happy were on the MV.

The one thing I noticed was that the tastings are now a little more expensive. $45 for a beer tasting and the whiskey tastings...

When they are $25 it was like you were getting a drink or 2 for free (compared to bar prices)...but now you are paying a premium to go to these things. Listen they are fun and all but I am not paying a premium to go to them (not that much fun haha).

I am fine doing my own "tastings" at the bar if it is the same price as going to the event. There is a premium whiskey tasting that is now $100!!! If you get 5 tastes that is $20 a taste...I can get a double neat for $15 of good Whiskey all over the boat at any time.

$45 for a beer tasting?!

Sorry I just went back to look at Beer tasting is only $40

Here is a breakdown for the WISH (from onboard Fun area):
Beer Tasting = $40
Bourbon Tasting = $45
Champagne Tasting = $50
Cognac Tasting = $50
Whiskey Tasting = $45
World of Gin = $50
Martini Tasting = $45
Mixology = $40
Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting = $100
Rum Tasting = $45
Stem to Stern Wine Tasting = $45
World of Old Fashioned = $100

FYI they are all sold out at this time for the MV...

I have done tastings in the past and thought most were $20 or $25 (over last 8 years of cruising for me). I went to 3 on my last trip and all were fun and had a great time. Seems like prices jumped up a bit for the WISH (Maybe all boats are following?)

It was at about 1:15 am. My friend took a screenshot and sent it to me to show that it was available to book. It was for July 18 but don't know if that was the only date available.

She was able to at least see some things....my computer and the app just kept spinning for me all night. Later on when the system finally let me in all the dining was sold out.

MJ

SOLD OUT...just offered on 1 day (Day 5 at sea)...Not sure why they do not offer for Day 2 which is a Day at sea. Not my thing but I was looking so figured I would reply.

Was Olaf’s picnic still available? I’m not on maiden voyage but also only silver status and I’m trying to manage expectations about whether I’ll even have a chance of booking that for my daughter when we are on the Wish

When will you be sailing? It looks like its only offered on Sea Days so That means 1 day if on 4 day cruise. Being Silver it will matter how many Gold and Platinum people are sailing. Of course with anything if at 1st its sold out just keep trying back from time to time and of course once on board to see if they open anything up then.

Sorry I just went back to look at Beer tasting is only $40

Here is a breakdown for the WISH (from onboard Fun area):
Beer Tasting = $40
Bourbon Tasting = $45
Champagne Tasting = $50
Cognac Tasting = $50
Whiskey Tasting = $45
World of Gin = $50
Martini Tasting = $45
Mixology = $40
Reserve Whiskey Bourbon Tasting = $100
Rum Tasting = $45
Stem to Stern Wine Tasting = $45
World of Old Fashioned = $100

FYI they are all sold out at this time for the MV...

I have done tastings in the past and thought most were $20 or $25 (over last 8 years of cruising for me). I went to 3 on my last trip and all were fun and had a great time. Seems like prices jumped up a bit for the WISH (Maybe all boats are following?)

Those are significant price increases. I hope this is just a one time thing

Congrats~! You’re one of the very lucky few to get one! :)

I thought I managed a tasting - it went all the way through but then never showed up on my itinerary. When I noticed and went back they were of course sold out.

I did “see” days and times for Olaf’s picnic but did not actually try to book it. With how things went I’ve no idea if I would have been able to.

The 'check out' process was very confusing. I never got a confirmation for either the tasting or Enchante. Suddenly, they both just appeared in my plans. It was a nice surprise, but I kept trying for Enchante and kept getting the red error message that I could only book it once. I thought that I had just gotten another pesky error screen.

Hopefully, they will open more experiences up for the MV. I'm sure it will be a phenomenal experience no matter what 'extras' you book! Cannot wait!!!

Those are significant price increases. I hope this is just a one time thing
I think it is specific to the maiden, either because they can (boooo) or maybe they have something like a VIP guest or souvenir glasses. These are the prices for my upcoming cruise on the Magic:

Beer Tasting = $22
Bourbon Tasting = $28
Champagne Tasting = $38
Chocolate = $36
Cognac Tasting = $28
Whiskey Tasting = $28
Martini Tasting = $25
Mixology = $25
Mojito = $23
Rum Tasting = $28
Stem to Stern Wine Tasting = $25
Tequila = $23
Whiskey = $28

I actually would be super curious to try the $100 special reserve bourbon tasting on the wish. If it is really premium/rare stuff, that could actually be a great deal for those of us who are into that sort of thing! I am actually kind of on the fence about going to the basic Bourbon tasting I have booked on the Magic because at $28 it probably is just mass-produced stuff you can get at the grocery store back home.

The 'check out' process was very confusing. I never got a confirmation for either the tasting or Enchante. Suddenly, they both just appeared in my plans. It was a nice surprise, but I kept trying for Enchante and kept getting the red error message that I could only book it once. I thought that I had just gotten another pesky error screen.

Hopefully, they will open more experiences up for the MV. I'm sure it will be a phenomenal experience no matter what 'extras' you book! Cannot wait!!!

Out of curiosity are they still showing...? My activity on CC day is now no longer on my itinerary. I'm going to throw my hands up at this point and walk away. Hopefully everything on the ship goes more smoothly because right now I'm beyond frustrated.

Could you see the menus for Palo snd Enchante? Or did you just have to book without any specifics of what they serve?

When will you be sailing? It looks like its only offered on Sea Days so That means 1 day if on 4 day cruise. Being Silver it will matter how many Gold and Platinum people are sailing. Of course with anything if at 1st its sold out just keep trying back from time to time and of course once on board to see if they open anything up then.

we don’t sail till October 31 and it is a 4 day cruise. I’m hoping by then there won’t be as many platinum and gold members but there is still a lot of concierge. I figure I’ll try for it and if I don’t get it before the cruise, I’ll talk to guest services on the cruise and see if there is a waiting list or something. Luckily, my kid is only 3 so if I don’t get it, I’m the only one of us who knows she is missing out on it.

Did anyone happen to catch the cost of Olaf's picnic per child/per adult?

Did anyone happen to catch the cost of Olaf's picnic per child/per adult?
From the DCL Blog:
This new twist on the Royal Tea party is designed for children ages 3 to 12 and will be offered on select days. The experience will cost $220 for each child (ages 3 to 12), and $69 (age 13 and up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter