Disney Wine Fans?

craigkerstiens

Mouseketeer
Are there any others that are Disney fans, but also equal fans of wine? We've largely through coincidence found ourselves having visited many wineries with connections to Disney and now curious to seek out the others. It started largely by just liking the quality of many of the wines, but we've found much of the care to creating a great wine and great experience shines through much like you'd expect. Any others out there? Where have you made it to or wanted to make it to?

This one is on my wish list and hope to do it in a few months.

Iron Horse Winery is in Sebastopol, Ca, about an hour and a half north of San Fran.

Several years ago, at the request of someone at WDW, winemaker David Monksgard created a sparkling wine exclusively for Disney - Fairy Tale Cuvee. This wine is only available at Disney parks and the Cruse Line. I'm pretty sure you can't even buy it at the winery.

David annually participates in the F&W festiaval - tastings and Party for the Senses.

Don't know if this is still available, but as of a few years ago if you called far enough ahead, you could ask the Tasting Room Mgr for the "truck tour". This no extra charge, unadvertised tour gets you out into the vineyard in David's vintage pickup truck for a hands on look at the winemaking process with the Winemaker himself. I hear it's hard to get this during the harvest.

We've actually been to Iron horse a number of times and do love the Fairy Tale Cuvee. Iron horse itself does a ton of great sparklings and the view is a great one over the valley, so if you get the chance you should definitely give it a visit.

You actually can occasionally buy it at the winery, but they normally sell out of it within a month or two of releasing it because they get such limited production of it. And amazingly it's actually cheaper to pick up a bottle at Disney than it is the winery, can't often say that about many Disney things. As for the truck tour, I haven't done it myself, but do believe they're still doing it just for a charge now.

A few years ago we did the Fess Parker winery near Santa Barbara. Bought the Dave Crockett cap that goes on top of the wine bottles as a fun gift for our siblings. Really enjoy their Pinot Noirs.

A few years ago we did the Fess Parker winery near Santa Barbara. Bought the Dave Crockett cap that goes on top of the wine bottles as a fun gift for our siblings. Really enjoy their Pinot Noirs.

Nice, we've been down that way a few times but never stopped into there. Will definitely have to give it a try.

We had an excursion to Lasseter Winery when we did a Cali Coast cruise on DCL. It was quite a memorable day! They do a small selection of European style blends there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter