disney wedding watches

supergrrl20

Rio De Tiempo 4ever!
i just got back from my disney wedding and i got gold his and her watches from my coordinator. you can only get these watches if you get married at disney. they are not my style...anyone wanna buy them? email me at supergrrl20@yahoo.com..they are too pretty to waste

i would keep them as a souvenier from your day. we are not wearing ours either but we would never sell them.....they are so special. Just my opinion.

You wouldn't believe how collectable they must be as a pair recently were selling on ebay for over $700 & that was days before the auction was due to end. Unless you REALLY need the money i would keep them. They re rare plus are a gift from Disney to you which makes them special. Have a good think a bout it before you make a decision

feline figaro said:
You wouldn't believe how collectable they must be as a pair recently were selling on ebay for over $700 & that was days before the auction was due to end.

WOW!!!!!! Anyone got a piccie of them?

dee slack said:
WOW!!!!!! Anyone got a piccie of them?
I don't want to get flamed here :firefight but I thought we Disney brides used to try to keep this secret special gift a secret so I'd rather not post the picture on the boards. PM me if you'd like me to send you a pic though :thumbsup2

I agree with JandJ - many try to keep it a secret and they are true collector items.

I had heard mention of the gifts and it had been a secret, I think I would have liked to have a suprise, but I was the one who looked so I blame myself- they have some on ebay, I think right now-

JandJ said:
I don't want to get flamed here :firefight but I thought we Disney brides used to try to keep this secret special gift a secret so I'd rather not post the picture on the boards. PM me if you'd like me to send you a pic though :thumbsup2

no probs - saw them on ebay.
In our weddings brouchure from Virgin in clearly states that they are part of the Intimate package so I didn't realise they were a secret in the US - sorry if I've caused any upset to anyone. :guilty:

dee slack said:
no probs - saw them on ebay.
In our weddings brouchure from Virgin in clearly states that they are part of the Intimate package so I didn't realise they were a secret in the US - sorry if I've caused any upset to anyone. :guilty:
No problem whatsoever :) Wow, I didn't realize UK brides knew about the gift? I love happy surprises! My engagement was a surprise (he planned the whole weekend so well and picked out the perfect ring!) and that was of course a very nice surprise! I didn't think there would be a gift at all so I was just shocked and happy when our EM handed it to us. In the pictures my mouth is wide open :rotfl: I know on these boards they used to not mention it, but I'm sure others have talked about it, so no worries.

I am in the US and I knew about the gift before I received them too.

When I received the confirmation package, I read every little line (even the back and the fine print) and there it was...spelled out in the list of pacakge items.

I know we have always tried to keep it a secret here, but I don't think someone should get flamed for revealing it.

Hmmm...is this for intimate or custom or for both? I am a custom - I don't care that you told, but I tried to learn a long time ago that curiosity killed the cat and I experienced that once and do not want it again- so if I should not know it, I would prefer no to. I was behind the scenes at a Miss State USA a good friend of mine was in it and I thought was a shoe in for the 10, looked at the list and she was not on - I was so sick especially since I had to see her before the announcement- I could not tell her, nor did I want to, I thought never again will I try to know something that I should not know--- does that make sense?

I really wouldn't list my watches in the future b/c now ebay is overflowing with those auctions and they're only bringing in about $200 a pair. Back when no one sold theirs they went for much more. $200 is not enough for me to let go of a valuable keepsake

When DH and I got married on 02/02/02 we had no idea about the watches either. We were so surprised by the watches. Randy even captured the moment and DPS captured it on video. We had our watches on display up until about a month ago. We have never worn ours but cherish ours with all our heart.

must admit when I told Nigel that some had reached $700 on ebay he jokingly said 'sell them' as never wears a watch and I have rather a lot of Disney watches already, but when I showed him the pic on ebay he was amazed at how beautiful they looked (and the picture wasn't too good so I expect they will look even better IRL). So we will definately keep ours and I'll wear one and keep the other for a great souvineer of our magical day.
I guess it's a sad fact of life - if you really need money some precious things have to go :sad2: I just hope that will never happen to us as I really, REALLY want to keep them forever (when we actually get them, that it!!)

I thought it was meant to be a surprise, but I just hope they don't change it before my wedding! I have a real thing for watches. Do you all just display yours, or do you wear them?

We don’t wear ours...but they are very nice ....they live in there pretty little box….never taken out....will stay entombed forever with our cake topper and knife......

Actually I never thought of it as a surprise until I read this tread....it was in our contract...of course it was lost in the little print...but it was in there (custom wedding may)....guess we would have probably viewed it as a special gift if someone presented it to us...but when we sat down to dinner it was just there ...
Think we where more excited about the photography pin
Plus I’ve noticed if you look at everyone’s pictures on here ...there is normally a shot of it....

ItGirl753 said:
I thought it was meant to be a surprise, but I just hope they don't change it before my wedding! I have a real thing for watches. Do you all just display yours, or do you wear them?

We had the bands adjusted at the jewelers...we have worn ours once.

We plan to use them only for very special occaisions. These are definitely NOT "everyday" watches!

I'm like a few others, I have several Disney watches that I wear for just any day. But, I LOVE the wedding ones and will treasure them always.

I wear mine! I wear it to work, etc. My husband wears his if he's dressed up. And, yeah, the bands are *huge*! We both had to get a lot of links taken out.

I would never sell my watches as they mean alot to me. We never wear them but they hold dear memories for me.

If you are certain about selling them try ebay and have a minimum you are willing to sell them for and that way you will get what you are happy with in parting with the watches.

Good luck in selling them if thats what you really want to do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter