Disney wedding 2008

Im not from the UK, but I wanted to say congrats and good luck with all of the planning. you will find so much information on these boards!!! :) Can't wait to hear more about your plans!!

Raspberry Bubbles - congratulations too! what month are you planning on getting married in? Have you decided on a venue yet? It was DH2B who phoned Disney, but he said the lady he spoke to was really nice as well.

Rustyflwr3 - thank you! I'm probably being really thick but what does the DFTW stand for in your signature? Have you just got married? and you are living in Orlando? lucky you!

Hi! The DFTW means Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. We just moved to Orlando and got married last weekend at Disney :)

Hi

We are in the UK as well and we are planning on an october wedding in 2008, it is scary not knowing alot about it but everyone on here is so helpful, its helped us loads

It is so much fun planning a disney wedding! Even though I have only just started. I'm tempted to go with virgin now, because you get a 5 day premium ticket included in the price, you can also upgrade (for a suppliment) to a 14 day park hopper. It works out a bit cheaper than paying for it all seperatley from disney. Its a bit easier dealing with them because they're a uk company. I'm really not sure. Am I just going for the easy option? Help! :confused3

Do whichever you feel more at ease with. We have phoned Disney quite a few times because of DVC and it has always been easy, and the lady DH2B spoke to about the wedding was really nice. We also neally always "package" our own holiday rather than through a company, so we wouldnt concider doing anything other than dealing direct with disney ( unless it was cheaper to book it another way LOL ) but if you are happier booking with Virgin, then do it! and it does sound as if that is a good deal with the passes.you certainly don't want to be stressed about something like this - I'm sure we will have plenty to stress about as the time gets nearer!!

Raspberry Bubbles - congratulations too! what month are you planning on getting married in? Have you decided on a venue yet? It was DH2B who phoned Disney, but he said the lady he spoke to was really nice as well.

Rustyflwr3 - thank you! I'm probably being really thick but what does the DFTW stand for in your signature? Have you just got married? and you are living in Orlando? lucky you!

Aww, thank you! We are hoping for July or August as I'm a teacher here in the UK and so I can't really pick and choose from many other months, as I want to spend three weeks over at Disney! Congratulations to you, too! I've never been so excited in my life! :hug:

It is so much fun planning a disney wedding! Even though I have only just started. I'm tempted to go with virgin now, because you get a 5 day premium ticket included in the price, you can also upgrade (for a suppliment) to a 14 day park hopper. It works out a bit cheaper than paying for it all seperatley from disney. Its a bit easier dealing with them because they're a uk company. I'm really not sure. Am I just going for the easy option? Help! :confused3

Hey there! I'm in the UK and I looked at Virgin to see if it was easier, but I noticed that if you book their "package" then you have to go with their "set" wedding which I don't think is value for money, and not so much fun! :) However, saying that, it probably is much less stressful!!! Disney were very nice when I called - but let us know what you decide! :) I am sure that you would be in very safe hands with Virgin.

I think it's very much an individual thing - it can cost as much as you'd like it to. But, saying that, it will still be cheaper than a wedding here in the UK - my sister's wedding cost just short of £20k back in 2002, so I KNOW mine will be cheaper!

I have used the wish book on disneyweddings.com and It came out at about £3500 for an intimate wedding. Virgin want £2380 but you dont get your bridesmaids flowers or button holes for the men. With the wish book you can add these things and it only comes to a bit more. You can also add different photography packages (like the magic kingdom pictures, in front of cinderella castle), and upgrade your other features (like changing your limo to cinderellas coach etc.) when you go through disney. (which is what I've decided to do, because I saw someone elses pictures and loved them). On the whole I think going with disney direct is the best option because you have more control over what you want. Even though it's a bit more work!

Can't you tell I've done my homework! lol

Hmmm, my wedding isn't costing that much but I'm really only doing the basic intimate package, I've booked the MK photo shoot and have an outside photgrapher (Randy) and outside videographer (STVS). It is so much cheaper than what it would have costed us if we were to have it here, plus it's a DISNEY Wedding, WOW, can't get much better than that!

Hmmm, my wedding isn't costing that much but I'm really only doing the basic intimate package, I've booked the MK photo shoot and have an outside photgrapher (Randy) and outside videographer (STVS). It is so much cheaper than what it would have costed us if we were to have it here, plus it's a DISNEY Wedding, WOW, can't get much better than that!

Cost is one of the reasons we are picking a Disney wedding. We were looking at venues here and the packages don't look too bad ( around £5,000) but when you look closer that is a midweek wedding out of season for 50 guests, by the time you actually choose what you want, and the guest list grows and grows I think £15,000 - £20,000 is nearer the mark. Well, as much as we want to get married, we just can't afford that sort of cost. So that is when we hit on the idea of combining our one big spend each year, our holiday! with the wedding. We are going for the basic intimate package at SBP hopefully ( the Boardwalk is our DVC home resort, so it's special to us) and we can't believe what a bargain it is. $3000 is only around £1500 at the current exchange rate. Plus we are bringing DH2B's Dad, Sister & family too and paying for their accomodation with DVC points. I never dreamed getting married at Disney would be within our means and I am much more excited about planning this than I would be of planning a formal wedding here:)

Cost is one of the reasons we are picking a Disney wedding. We were looking at venues here and the packages don't look too bad ( around £5,000) but when you look closer that is a midweek wedding out of season for 50 guests, by the time you actually choose what you want, and the guest list grows and grows I think £15,000 - £20,000 is nearer the mark. Well, as much as we want to get married, we just can't afford that sort of cost. So that is when we hit on the idea of combining our one big spend each year, our holiday! with the wedding. We are going for the basic intimate package at SBP hopefully ( the Boardwalk is our DVC home resort, so it's special to us) and we can't believe what a bargain it is. $3000 is only around £1500 at the current exchange rate. Plus we are bringing DH2B's Dad, Sister & family too and paying for their accomodation with DVC points. I never dreamed getting married at Disney would be within our means and I am much more excited about planning this than I would be of planning a formal wedding here:)

DITTO

We chose a disney custom wedding partly because it will work out alot cheeper than a massive family wedding here (and having to invite people over here you dont really want puts you off too)

Plus I love Disney and Chris wanted me to have the wedding I have been dreaming of since the first time I went to wdw

Same here! We priced up a wedding here and because i live so close to London it was stupidly expensive. Our guest list ended up at around 250 people - because people kept saying oh well you have to invite Aunty Sallys nieces hairdresser and it the list ended up massive! I was looking at about £30k for a simple wedding and i wouldnt have known most of the people there. With the exchange rate that would have been around $60,000!! Ouch!

In the end we ended up spending around $20,000 for a wedding in Disney and i had 26 guests - but i ahd everything i wanted for that! And i had all the people there that i wanted and the planning was so much less stressful!

And where else could i have fireworks and mickey and minnie??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter