Disney..we have a problem

MKhead72

Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to star
We need some help with an issue that has come up. We are going to do a weekend trip this weekend. We are AP holders and we had purchased in advanced a 4 day FL resident ticket for our nephew(needs to be picked up when we arrive). So the ticket has been paid for already. Heres the problem, nephew just informed us that he can not go.:( We have no one else that can use the ticket. So my question is... are we just out the money or is there something we can do?:confused3 Somebody please help:worship:

Well, in theory, you could sell them on eBay but that's a very risky route that might end up being more than you bargained for. And because it's a FL Resident ticket that expires in early June, that would just further complicate things.

Other than that, if your APs expire before June 7, you could use it towards your renewal (but I'm not 100% sure). Otherwise, you're just out of luck. You always give it away to a fellow Disney enthusiast also from Florida...:rolleyes1 (just kidding of course!:goodvibes)

We need some help with an issue that has come up. We are going to do a weekend trip this weekend. We are AP holders and we had purchased in advanced a 4 day FL resident ticket for our nephew(needs to be picked up when we arrive). So the ticket has been paid for already. Heres the problem, nephew just informed us that he can not go.:( We have no one else that can use the ticket. So my question is... are we just out the money or is there something we can do?:confused3 Somebody please help:worship:
Id try calling Disney's customer service. I would only imagine they will find a way to help you out.

Failing all that, maybe try contacting Make a Wish or Give Kids the World and see if they can use it? At least you'd get a tax deduction, and know you made life better for a sick kid!

Failing all that, maybe try contacting Make a Wish or Give Kids the World and see if they can use it? At least you'd get a tax deduction, and know you made life better for a sick kid!

Wouldn't a FL resident ticket have to be used by a FL resident? :confused3

Edit.

This may be the worst possible ticket to purchase more
than 5 minutes before actually walking into a theme park gate.

The ticket can be saved "forever" as long as it is not used at a park gate.
Whenever you want to buy a new ticket or new (or REnew) AP, you can apply the value of that ticket to that new ticket.

I also agree that you should simply explain to Disney your circumstance and see if they might
(MIGHT) offer a full refund of that ticket.

If not, consider its cost an "investment" towards a future ticket.

This is unfortunately not the case with this particular ticket, as this specific ticket (the 4-Day FL Resident Discover Disney Ticket) expires on June 7, so unless his or her APs expire before that, the OP maybe out of luck. I agree that you could contact Disney customer services but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Unfortunately, I don't know if GKTW or Make a Wish could really use this ticket either, as not only does it expire, but it's only for FL Residents. You could contact them, though. It's better than just wasting it.

I know a few times we've gone down you'll see gas stations and convenient stores that advertise they will buy unused tickets, I'm sure it's pennies on the dollar, but its an option better than nothing.

Contact Disney. I've seen posts from DVC members who bought the special AP that expires if not activated by the end of the year....they've been able to get a refund when they realized they wouldn't be able to use it in time.
Disney is not obligated, but I bet they will refund the unused ticket. It's a matter of good will - they don't want Disney fans walking around feeling ripped off (even though that's not what happened.....)

How old is the nephew? If he is over 18 I'd say he needs to pay you back and eat the loss. Or if he is younger, the parents do. Very rude to wait until a few days ahead of time to tell you he can't go.

LaurenT said:
Contact Disney. I've seen posts from DVC members who bought the special AP that expires if not activated by the end of the year....they've been able to get a refund when they realized they wouldn't be able to use it in time.
Disney is not obligated, but I bet they will refund the unused ticket. It's a matter of good will - they don't want Disney fans walking around feeling ripped off (even though that's not what happened.....)

Ripped off how? She could have waited to buy the tickets when she arrived in wdw. Don't make her situation a Disney problem cause it is not their fault she bought them in advance. It is not an online only special and can be bought at concierge at your wdw resort or any ticket window

You may be able to use the value of the ticket towards the purchase of a FL resident MYW ticket, which doesn't have such limited use parameters.

You might be able to upgrade it into a regular ticket (by paying the difference), it would cost you more now but you'd ultimately save what you paid out so far.

I think giving it to charity is also a nice idea, I'm sure there are FL resident kids that could use it in those programs.

How old is the nephew? If he is over 18 I'd say he needs to pay you back and eat the loss. Or if he is younger, the parents do. Very rude to wait until a few days ahead of time to tell you he can't go.

You are making a lot of assumptions.

Ripped off how? She could have waited to buy the tickets when she arrived in wdw. Don't make her situation a Disney problem cause it is not their fault she bought them in advance. It is not an online only special and can be bought at concierge at your wdw resort or any ticket window
She said 'feeling' ripped of and qualified it. As such, she's right. Some would feel ripped off even though they weren't.

You may be able to use the value of the ticket towards the purchase of a FL resident MYW ticket, which doesn't have such limited use parameters.
You could then use the MYW ticket towards AP renewal when the time comes.

Thank you everyone for your input....:thumbsup2 And, I am glad to say that another one of our nephews was able to step in and go in the others place !!:banana::banana: So, one nephews loss is another ones gain, and let me say it's a nephew that's never been before and he is really excited to go!!:goodvibes:goodvibes A BIG THANK YOU to everyone once again!!

Thank you everyone for your input....:thumbsup2 And, I am glad to say that another one of our nephews was able to step in and go in the others place !!:banana::banana: So, one nephews loss is another ones gain, and let me say it's a nephew that's never been before and he is really excited to go!!:goodvibes:goodvibes A BIG THANK YOU to everyone once again!!

That's great news!!! I was going to mention seeing if anyone on DisBoards or lines could buy it, but itl ooks like problem solved!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter