Disney Water Parks vs. Aquatica? Advice needed!

ShelsGoingToDisney

DIS Veteran
Is there anyone who has been to the Disney water parks and Aquatica who can give me an opinion?

We are heading to FL for the July 8th space shuttle launch. I am thinking of heading over to Orlando for a day during the following week and I'm looking at the 2 Disney water parks or Aquatica. My oldest is 11 and youngest is 6 and he's about 49" so he is above that coveted 48" mark but he's a bit of a chicken too. He just started going down the waterslide at the fitness center pool.

We've been to WDW many times but never have we done a water park. I am just wondering which of the 3 parks would be best for our family? From the website Typhoon Lagoon looks cooler than Blizzard Beach. Aquatica looks very cool too!

Any experts out there with advice? :confused:

I would pick either Typhoon Lagoon (my personal favorite) or Blizzard Beach. Aquatica I was disappointed in. I found it to be a little boring to be honest, and was finished with it quite quickly.

With your kids' ages, I would recommend Blizzard Beach. The kids' section is alot better. They have small slides, ropes course (hold on overhead netting and cross over on "ice" floes), and a Zipline in the kids area. Also, the family ride is better-you don't have to carry your own raft to the top of the slide.

Out of those 3 water parks I believe Aquatica has the more impressive areas for the little ones. They actually have two areas, 1 big water playground with bug slides and water stuff all over. The other more like a pool with play elements and smaller slides. I dont think the two Disney water parks have anything close in size to that water playground that Aquatica has.

Aquaticaplay2.jpg

Aquaticaplay.jpg

AP3.jpg

AQP4.jpg

That aquatica stuff looked amazing for my son. I am bored at the disney waterparks because I don't like slides and just want to be in water and there aren't many places to do that without people crashing into you.

Out of those 3 water parks I believe Aquatica has the more impressive areas for the little ones. They actually have two areas, 1 big water playground with bug slides and water stuff all over. The other more like a pool with play elements and smaller slides. I dont think the two Disney water parks have anything close in size to that water playground that Aquatica has.

Aquaticaplay2.jpg

Aquaticaplay.jpg

AP3.jpg

AQP4.jpg

I think the 11 year old would be too big for any of that - 6 may be pushing it
it looks like the 2-4 area to me
anyone else feel the same way or is my kids just bigger than most

All three are good but Aquatica right now would have to be my favorite Orlando waterpark.It has a lot of things that put it slightly ahead of either TL or BB such as dining and shopping options,better kids areas,the coolest lazy river of the three parks that flows at a faster speed,I could stay in there for hours.The park is not as big or lush as the Disney parks but it just seems more balanced in all it's offerings,bigger slides for teens and adults,good kids areas with the bigger one being good even for adults,two good wavepools and like I said earlier much better food and shopping.Don't get me wrong,both TL and BB are great but even with Aquatica being smaller it feels more complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter