Disney Wake Up Calls

sleepyone

DIS Veteran
Our last (&first) visit to WDW, Mickey woke us up. I don't remember whether there was a choice as to which character wakes you; I was so excited about Mickey. Does anyone remember which characters can give you a wake up call?

I heard from someone else on this board recently that is was now Stitch and I don't think they had a choice. Someone else can probably verify though.

I read in the Unofficial Guide (or was it Passporter?!, one of them, lol) that if you request a wake-up call for an uneven time i.e. 7.03 or 7.41 you are more likely to get Mickey! Of course, now that *that* snippet of info is all over the DISboards we'll all be getting up at 7.07 or 7.21. lol!

Here is the actual schedule:

7:00 Stitch
7:01 Mickey
7:02 Minny
7:03 Goofy
7:04 Donald
7:05 Chip
7:06 Dale
7:07 Cinderella
(special note: This is the hardest character wake-up call to get. Due to limited capacity, this wake-up call is sold out within minutes of becoming available. You need to call exactly 90 days before the date you want to reserve. You can determine when to call by using the DIS's wake-up call calculator.

Since the Cinderella wake-up calls are so much in demand, start calling about 6:55 am est. If you get a recording that they are not open yet, disconnect and immediately hit redial. If you get the recording thanking you for calling hit #3 right away, as soon as the second recording begins press #2, when the third recording begins press either your reservation number or phone number and finish with the pound sign. Then press #1, then #2. This will take you to a reservationist, if you have to hold do not disconnect or you go to the bottom of the queue.

When the reservationist answers do not make small talk, immediately tell him/her that you want to reserve the 7:07 AM Cinderella wake-up call for such and such date. After you get your reservation you can talk all you want, but these wake-up calls are very difficult to reserve and seconds count when thousands of people are competing for only 10-12 wake-up calls from Cinderella.

You will be told that they cannot guarantee that you will get a wake-up call from Cinderella. They tell you this because, if Cinderella is delayed for any reason, they may substitute a different princess. So far, there have been no known instances where Cinderella was not heard.

If you have flexibility in your WDW itinerary, it is best to try to reserve a wake-up call for the first night you have available. That way, if you don't get the reservation, you can try the next day and the next, if necessary.

If you are unable to secure a reservation for a Cinderella wake-up call, do not give up. Cancellations happen every day. Keep calling and trying for that reservation, even when you are in WDW. I was told by a CM that Cinderella has often sat idle because someone wanted to sleep in late and cancelled. You can snag a cancellation. I know, because I was lucky enough to get a cancelled wake-up call 6 weeks before our trip last year.

You can also sometimes find someone who has a reservation already and is willing to let you into their resort room to share the cost of his/her wake-up call with you. The Cinderella's Wake-Up Call Central posts on the Disney Resorts board are there to help people match up for these wake-up calls. There is a Cinderella's Wake-Up Call Central for each month, beginning 3 months ahead of time.

If you want to try to find a wake-up call to share, or if you have a reservation for a wake-up call already and are willing to share with others please post to the appropriate Wake-Up Call Central.

7:08 am through the rest of the morning Mickey!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

and just in case, yes, Im only kidding around!!!

Jasper, do you realize how many people are now going to schedule calls for 7:06, 7:07 etc etc etc?? It will probably cause the phone system to crash! :rotfl:

Jasper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started writing the schedule down until I started to feel like I was calling for CRT! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

jasper, that was too funny!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You can also sometimes find someone who has a reservation already and is willing to let you into their resort room to share the cost of his/her wake-up call with you.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Oh man, I want the cinderella one. Well come to think of it my DD has at least 3 toy phones that Cinderella, Ariel and Belle all talk to her one so I guess it isn't that important.

Was a disapointment. Last trip we called for one at like 8:00 (when we knew we would all be up already) and DD answered the phone. It was like Feb 28 (MGM ESPN weekend) and it was like Dick (I hope that doesn't get lined out) Bubcus saying get to MGM. How dispapointing was it for a 3 year old to get that wake up call. I was rather anoid. Hope it is better next time! ;)

We requested calls 3 mornings in a row recently, every other day was a different call. One just Mickey, one Mickey and Stitch.

wake up calls are free... you can program them thru your resort phone...

my best advice if you want the kids to hear it is instead of answering, hit the speakerphone button (be sure you have the volume up) and let the whole room hear it :flower:

I asked about the cost because of this post by a previous person -

"You can also sometimes find someone who has a reservation already and is willing to let you into their resort room to share the cost of his/her wake-up call with you. The Cinderella's Wake-Up Call Central posts on the Disney Resorts board are there to help people match up for these wake-up calls. There is a Cinderella's Wake-Up Call Central for each month, beginning 3 months ahead of time."

From the sound of it, it seems like some wake-up calls cost money. This is different from the ones you program from your resort room phone, right?

lucincia said:
I asked about the cost because of this post by a previous person -

"You can also sometimes find someone who has a reservation already and is willing to let you into their resort room to share the cost of his/her wake-up call with you. The Cinderella's Wake-Up Call Central posts on the Disney Resorts board are there to help people match up for these wake-up calls. There is a Cinderella's Wake-Up Call Central for each month, beginning 3 months ahead of time."

From the sound of it, it seems like some wake-up calls cost money. This is different from the ones you program from your resort room phone, right?
Jasper was just joking.

Twinscandc,

DVC resorts have the wake up calls, my dd11 loved the stitch call. Stitch calls causing trouble then Mickey comes on saying stitch should not be bothering us.

Started the day with a laugh.

I usually set the wake up calls for 5 mins after I set the bedside clock, that way I can wake up DD a little ahead of time and let her answer the phone.

Denise

For those who didn't read ALL of jasper's post...it's a JOKE!! :rotfl2: Wake up calls are done at your resort. When we were there in March..we got Stitch..but if you waited and listened ALL the WAY..Mickey came on at the end...

Iliked Jasper's post :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Anyway- I usually wake the kids up ahead of our wake-up call. My girls will sleep thru it otherwise. We schedule the call for the time we need to be leaving the room.

Wondering- Do the character calls end at a certain time. Could you schedule one for an afternoon nap break?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter