Disney vs walmart i need help

tlaw66

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

We are planing a trip to Disney World. I like to buy tshirts and stuff like that I have heard a lot of people say you can save a lot of money just by going to walmart and buying this stuff. In my city the clothes in walmart a really bad they don't last, my question is this dose walmart but there disney stuff from disney or is it cheep after market stuff? I really want to rmrmber this tripp and tshirst are my best way so I want somthing that lasts. Can anyone help.

Thanks Terry

It is after market. I have never found anything at the local Walmart by DTD that is the same as what is at Disney.
Sounds like you have a car and if you are willing to drive just a little further either to the west or east, hit the outlet malls there. There is a store called Character Warehouse that sells discounted Disney Merchandise.
Most of it is actual Disney merchandise that is either discontinued or made for that store specifically.

Now this is not typical but I have scored many a $20 T-shirts for less than $7 there. You can look them up on web for locations. Here is a link from Allears.net about them.

http://allears.net/btp/cware.htm

If you watch the Disney Store for deals you can usually score some really cute t-shirts (in both kids and adults sizes) for cheap. You may have to pay shipping if you don't live near a store ,but sometimes you can find free or reduced price shipping codes online that will help offset that cost.

Are you "crafty?" You could download some free Disney images to your computer and print them out onto iron on transfer paper to iron on to a shirt. Then you control the cost a bit more.

Don't buy at WM. After market, yes, and many other reasons I won't get into here.

I also recommend the Character Disney outlets. They are the best for finding quality souvenirs reasonable priced.

I'd agree with avoiding the Disney clothes at Walmart. I got some really cute Disney Christmas PJs at mine on clearance, and thought I was getting a great deal. Both pairs of PJ pants, and one of the tops have holes in them already. And the holes in one of the pairs showed up on the VERY first wearing. Ugh.

I purchased pjs for my dd when she was 2 from wal mart in Florida... It was made of t shirt material ... They are really cute.. She is 5 the still fit and she still wears them! The have worn like iron !!!

I have to admit.. They do have some not so great clothes.. They don't even say Wdw.. They say ORLANDO or FLORIDA... Very cheesey I must agree. I got lucky with the pajama

What wal mart IS good for is the water bottles...with or without sprayers , autograph books, pens ... The crap you know might get lost or broken anyway...or if they last for a few months its fine.

You can absolutely find some great deals at the disney store. They always rotate their clearanced merchandise and you can find online codes for free shipping. Definitely worth watching.

Try buying ahead of time at Disney Store online or as people have mentioned the outlets are a great place to find park products for a great discount.

When I was on my CP I always thought the stuff at Wal-Mart screamed cheap. Not that they weren't made well but the way the designs were done felt like they were bottom of the barrel creative wise. It is typically just the fab five with the year and either Florida or Orlando written on it in big letters.

We like to order from the Disney Store website - they have park merchandise as well- and have it shipped to our resort, so we feel like we actually got it at Disney, but without the sticker shock! :thumbsup2

I'm in Canada, but our Walmart has tons of cute Disney stuff. Not Disney World stuff, but character stuff. I haven't checked outside the baby department, but my son has tons of Disney outfits from there and they were all outgrown without any noticeable wear and tear and will be passed onto my second son.

Hi all,

We are planing a trip to Disney World. I like to buy tshirts and stuff like that I have heard a lot of people say you can save a lot of money just by going to walmart and buying this stuff. In my city the clothes in walmart a really bad they don't last, my question is this dose walmart but there disney stuff from disney or is it cheep after market stuff? I really want to rmrmber this tripp and tshirst are my best way so I want somthing that lasts. Can anyone help.

Thanks Terry

Clearence / sale section from Disney store .com. We order 99% of our souvineers from there before hand and have it shipped to our disney resort. And we pay a fraction of the original price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter