Disney Vocal Auditions (Equity)

WDWprincess37

*Wendy Bird*
Hey everyone! I'm gonna be going to the upcoming audition for Ariel in Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and I'm so very excited! Does anyone have any suggestions on songs with a "pop lyrical vioce"? Has anyone been to this type of audition before? Please tell me EVERYTHING you can because I've looked everywhere and haven't found any more information other than the Disney auditions website. Thanks so much for your help! Have a magical day :)

I've never done the singing one, but I've been to both dancer and actor. Get there early, because waiting in the worst. There are likely to be at least a hundred girls so the wait can be a couple hours if you arrive at the actual sign in time (some arrive 3-4 hours early).

The audition itself is pretty short and you will find out immediately if you get a call back. So make sure you pick something short that will feature your power. Ariel does not have a huge vocal range so I wouldn't worry about that. A good Jodi Benson song is "Disneyland" from the musical SMILE.

Keep in mind it's 90% type casting. Ariel seems to be getting shorter recently, a good friend performed as equity with the fish for 5 years and she's barley 5'1. There are several girls shorter than her. She mentioned that the top range is not really utilized that much anymore.

Thanks! Okay yeah I'm about 5'2" and I heard that was a good thing for now so my fingers are crossed! And I haven't heard that one before but I'll look it up. I was thinking about Spring Cleaning (written by chris miller). I don't know if you've heard that one but I think it kind of sounds like the kind of voice they're looking for...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter