Disney Visa Summer Discount

Darn we check in the 19th so it only gives us the discount for 1 night. Sticking with the gift card deal (I’d rather the 35% but we can’t change our vacation dates).

Just rebooked a split stay at POFQ. Arrive on 5/13 so had to do 1 night standard, then got the discount for upgraded river view room for last 7 and ended up being $60 cheaper for the river view. Thanks
Edit: Just changed the 1 night standard to river view. (hopefully don't have to change rooms then!)

Last edited:
I am a cardholder and I could only get to the offer through the OP's link. Do you have to have a special level of the card? I see it now through the link, but I thought it odd I couldn't see it by logging in normally.

FWIW I don't even have either credit card, just the debit card because I bank with Chase, and I was able to see it only through the link. Disney tends to be very sneaky with the Visa resort discounts from my experience.

I find it very interesting that Disney is giving a 35% discount to some moderate resorts. I don't think I've ever seen such a big discount for those resorts before.

I can only hope that there will be more discounts in the future. I'm not going to book a new trip, but I would love to be able to apply a discount to a couple of my current bookings. :)

If it wasn't for the fact that we have a long enough trip that we'll be able to take advantage of 2 EEH nights at Epcot, I would have jumped on Gran Destino for the first part of our split at that price. We ended up at YC only because we would have lost the first EEH night otherwise. That was a crazy good deal on water view tower rooms.

Maybe because of the dining plan/credit promotion dates???

It’s not just that week that overlaps. The dining gift card promotion goes from August 1 - September 14, pretty much all the same dates as this Visa offer. So again, that particular week (August 20-26) must have enough bookings already that Disney doesn’t need to offer any discount. Sometimes people book at rack rate hoping for a discount later. If enough rooms are already booked, no reason for Disney to offer discounts for those dates. Also, lots of people in the northeast & Ontario travel at the end of August because schools don’t start til early September.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many rooms you can book under your name? I tried calling but wait times are too long for me to hold right now.

For those saying it kept telling them their cart was empty, it did this to me as well, but I noted the cart ID on the bottom of the page. I was originally trying to book on my computer. I logged in on my iPad instead, entered the cart ID and it was able to retrieve what I had been trying to book and allowed me to complete the booking.

Trying really hard to not over analyze the discount is blocked for the week I'm going in August. Of course, I don't have a Disney Visa, so no issues for me on that front. Hopefully it will be offered during the the general public offer.

I just find it hard to believe that bookings are soft in the summer except for that week. I can understand the week after the July 4th holiday. Perhaps that is when MNSSHP is starting? That is the only other thing I could think of.

Trying really hard to not over analyze the discount is blocked for the week I'm going in August. Of course, I don't have a Disney Visa, so no issues for me on that front. Hopefully it will be offered during the the general public offer.

I just find it hard to believe that bookings are soft in the summer except for that week. I can understand the week after the July 4th holiday. Perhaps that is when MNSSHP is starting? That is the only other thing I could think of.

Yeah, I'm there Aug 22-25 for a pre-cruise stay - too short for the dining card offer and not included in the Disney Visa one. Hoping it won't be crazy...but at least I've got Epcot After Hours one night which is a limited ticket thing.

My TA was able to put me in a King at POFQ for less than the Garden View we'd booked for a post-cruise night. (Picked since I'm not doing tickets that night and wanted easy access to Disney Springs)

My dates are 9/3 to 9/7.

If I book BWI it's $2656 with Visa Discount.

If I do BC with free $600 gift card it's $3257.

both examples with 4 day tickets and std view
I'll just keep BC, I like the pool better. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Edited - we will definitely spend $600 on food

Last edited:
Just rebooked a split stay at POFQ. Arrive on 5/13 so had to do 1 night standard, then got the discount for upgraded river view room for last 7 and ended up being $60 cheaper for the river view. Thanks
Edit: Just changed the 1 night standard to river view. (hopefully don't have to change rooms then!)
I just called our TA this morning and changed our POFQ reservation. We went from the previous summer promo to the Visa promo. We also switched from River View to Garden View. We are there from. 6/3-6/17. We have two rooms - saving $1100 over both rooms!! So excited!!

My dates are 9/3 to 9/7.

If I book BWI it's $2656 with Visa Discount.

If I do BC with free $600 gift card it's $3257.

both examples with 4 day tickets and std view

I'll just keep BC, I like the pool better. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Is the $3257 before "subtracting out" the $600 dining credit? If not, then it is only $1 difference and I would find it very easy to spend the $600 on food! Going later in September and have a $1500 credit (dates not available for the Visa discount even though I have one). I'm surprised the discounts are so high! Nice for people who are visiting.

Darn we check in the 19th so it only gives us the discount for 1 night. Sticking with the gift card deal (I’d rather the 35% but we can’t change our vacation dates).
Did you call to check? Sometimes the discount will apply as long as one night is within the date range. I have the dining credit offer booked and our first night is the last day of the offer but it does apply to our entire stay. Not going during the Visa promotion.

This is a great discount, especially on the moderate options! I just modified the POFQ portion of my May stay to the promo (I already had the 25% spring/summer discount, so 30% isn't *that* much more, but every little bit counts).

FYI, you don't have to cancel and rebook even if it won't let you modify. My trip was even paid in full already, with none of it previously being paid for with my Disney Visa, and the CM refunded the $200 deposit and let me pay that amount with the card so that it would qualify.

Did you call to check? Sometimes the discount will apply as long as one night is within the date range. I have the dining credit offer booked and our first night is the last day of the offer but it does apply to our entire stay. Not going during the Visa promotion.
I priced it out on line and it only showed the discount for the first night. But I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter