Disney Visa Rewards?

I use it for everyday purchases, never use cash, buy all my groceries pay all my bills and gas with my Disney Visa card and usually rack up about $400-$500 per year worth of points, I think you have to have $20 worth of points to redeem your Disney dollars. It's totally worth it for me. Editing to add that I never carry a balance on my card, pay it off every month or it wouldn't be worth it if you have to pay interest on your card.

:thumbsup2 Us exactly! We buy most of our food for a couple trips a year at Disney with just our award points (dh & I). We each have cards and received $200 GC each when we applied - a win-win deal :woohoo:

Is there a lot of people at the meet and greet?

We usually arrive a little early and the wait is about 20-30min. DH & I each have cards, so we can get two free ones. They take about 4 pics total and will also use your personal camera and take a few shots also. We've really gotten some good ones ::yes::

I do the same thing. I use it to pay for anything and everything that I can (wish I could pay the mortage with it every month) and then I pay the balance in full each month = no interest and free rewards. We got the card in either March or April of this year so we should have about $350 - $400 in rewards by the time we go in Oct this year, plus the $200 rewards incentive (minus $49 annual fee) so it has been worth it by far.

We got the regular Visa Cards with NO annual fee, also got the $200 GC.

North of Mouse said:
We got the regular Visa Cards with NO annual fee, also got the $200 GC.

Believe me, I'm against paying a fee for anything but the math for us was too simple on this deal. So we'll eat the $49 fee and take the 2% points for all restaurants, groceries, and gas -rather than the straight 1% for everything. I figure it will earn us an extra $200 or so a year ...we'll take it.

We usually arrive a little early and the wait is about 20-30min. DH & I each have cards, so we can get two free ones. They take about 4 pics total and will also use your personal camera and take a few shots also. We've really gotten some good ones ::yes::

I am surprised they only took 4. Just checked my CD from last year and we got 9 originals both days we went to EPCOT. It may have something to do with me telling the CM that we had prepurchased the Photopass CD, though. I always let all the photographers know that we have prepurchased, and would love to have as many pics as they are willing to snap. Some of our favorite shots are the "hug" shots and candid shots. :goodvibes

Believe me, I'm against paying a fee for anything but the math for us was too simple on this deal. So we'll eat the $49 fee and take the 2% points for all restaurants, groceries, and gas -rather than the straight 1% for everything. I figure it will earn us an extra $200 or so a year ...we'll take it.

Same for us. With the rewards we earned during the first 90 days of upgrading, we covered over 5 years of fees. :rotfl: We put everything on the card and have never paid a penny in interest. No-brainer to upgrade for us, for sure!

Depends on the size of your family, your gas usage, groceries, etc. Believe me, we did the math.
We also have two cards, so would be $98 annually for us, so just to break even we would have to spend almost $5,000 more (2% rewards).
We live fairly close to our groceries, gas stations, so gas is minimal, just our out of town and vacations would be more. Being just two, restaurant bills aren't that high.
So, that's why it doesn't work for us. Takes a lot of gas bills and eating to spend $5,000 (Premium cards) extra just to break even ($2,500 each card). Y'all must have some high bills in those categories to break even and make it pay. ;) Also, they don't always include all stores that you buy gas/groceries (example - Walmart, etc) We buy most of our gas there - not so much groceries. We haven't experienced this - just been told by others (?).
But for those the math works for - Great! :goodvibes
Can you tell I love math, and always scrunch numbers? :laughing:

Yes... I'd love for those bills to be less, but unfortunately I don't see that changing soon -but we're getting there!

We put EVERY bill on our Disney Visa that we can.... I never carry cash. We put everything from a cup of coffee, to our monthly bills - phone, cable, internet, car insurance - any company that will take a visa payment without charging an extra fee. I like to say I filter whatever I can through that visa. We, too, pay everything at the end of every month, so if I write a check to cable or visa, makes no difference to me!!

We upgraded my visa (and got the 5% promotion for 3 months), then upgraded my husband's visa after that was done (and got the 5% on HIS visa for 3 months) - gas, groceries, and restaurants.

We will have about $1,300 - $1,500 in rewards by the time we go in January - not bad for a year's worth of accumulation!!

GAN said:
I just loaded $1200 on the reward card yesterday so I should have it next week for our trip in August. We had racked up 1500 points over the last 2 years and jumped for the Premier card a few months ago which really accelerated the point total( they were offering 5x points for 3 months on gas, grocery, restaurants). Everything possible goes on that card and we pay it off each month so it's a no-brainer for us. And I might add -the customer service I have received using this card has been impeccable.

We did the same:) So far we've got $600. We'll probably have around $1000 by the time we go.

We upgraded my visa (and got the 5% promotion for 3 months), then upgraded my husband's visa after that was done (and got the 5% on HIS visa for 3 months) - gas, groceries, and restaurants.

That was pure genius! I wish we could have done that. I am the cardholder in our household, and DH applied for a regualr Disney Visa a couple of years ago when we got a $200 gift card offer in the mail. He was denied! We didn't bother asking why, but the silly thing is that he make six figures and I make absolutely nothing! :rotfl2:

That was pure genius! I wish we could have done that. I am the cardholder in our household, and DH applied for a regualr Disney Visa a couple of years ago when we got a $200 gift card offer in the mail. He was denied! We didn't bother asking why, but the silly thing is that he make six figures and I make absolutely nothing! :rotfl2:

Sometimes it only has to do with HOW MUCH credit you have available to you. Add up your available credit on all your cards. It may be a matter of just lowering some limits - so more credit can become available to you. Even with the best credit score, only so much credit can be available to you before it begins to count against you. Sometimes you don't even realize it - like having $8,000 available at a store like Kohl's... ha ha Before I sat one day and added up how much credit I had open - I had no idea. I picked one card to keep a large amount available on, and called all the rest to lower my limits. I had no need for a 5,000 credit line at Kohl's, for example, 1,000 will suffice. I also asked the companies NOT to raise my limits without my permission.

Sometimes it only has to do with HOW MUCH credit you have available to you. Add up your available credit on all your cards. It may be a matter of just lowering some limits - so more credit can become available to you. Even with the best credit score, only so much credit can be available to you before it begins to count against you. Sometimes you don't even realize it - like having $8,000 available at a store like Kohl's... ha ha Before I sat one day and added up how much credit I had open - I had no idea. I picked one card to keep a large amount available on, and called all the rest to lower my limits. I had no need for a 5,000 credit line at Kohl's, for example, 1,000 will suffice. I also asked the companies NOT to raise my limits without my permission.

Our Disney Visa is the only CC we have, but it has a limit of $13,500. :rotfl:

Hey guys I just got my Disney Visa in the mail and I can't seem to find how many points I need to redeem for a certain award. Does know where I can find that?

I really only got the card for the Meet and Greet and the 50 gift card they offered with 1st purchase... Is this card really worth it? I don't carry a balance so interest rate isn't important to me. But depending on the amount of points I need to redeem things I may start using for everyday purchases. Thoughts?

I opened the one with the $49 annual fee because they were offering a $200 gift card as a gift for opening.

I have used the card since March, and have also paid the balance off in full every month.

I have earned an additional $179 in Disney Dollars...by charging everything...mostly gas and groceries, and the balance of my Disney Vacation.

It was worth it to me. After accounting for the annual fee, I netted $330 to use for our upcoming vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter