Disney Visa Rewards?

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
I am not sure if this is the board for this question but I thought I would ask anyway.

I have a Disney Visa and have just finished paying off our trip. I used all my rewards points towards the package we are bought. By the time we leave I will have about $15 saved up again. That would pay for breakfast one morning and being on a tight budget we need all the help we can get.

My question is: Can you use the rewards card anywhere? Can any restaurant or counter service swipe that card or is it just certain locations?

I'm pretty sure you can use it anywhere on Disney property. I know I used mine at one of the cart's to purchase an autograph book and pen, in the hotel gift shop and for a counter service meal.

We just returned from WDW and I used DVR card everywhere and had not problem.
If I wasn't sure if they excepted the card, I would ask before making
a purchase but everywhere I asked they took it.
I love the DVRewards card and have started my savings for next trip.
:thumbsup2

Awesome!
The day we leave the COntemp to move to the BWV we won't have any dining credits until we check in at the second hotel. We will have to pay cash for breakfast which is fine. I wouldn't waste a credit on breakfast anyway. It's too cheap. I will just use what I have on the card!!

Thanks!

SamathaL ,

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the card but I just wanted to make sure that you know that you have to transfer your recent reward dollars to your rewards card. It won't automatically be there. Have a super trip!!!

SamathaL ,

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the card but I just wanted to make sure that you know that you have to transfer your recent reward dollars to your rewards card. It won't automatically be there. Have a super trip!!!

Thanks so much! Yes I had to transfer the money to the card before I could use it to pay the ressie. I just hope I remember to do it before the trip. :rolleyes:

Hi. I just received my Disney Visa. In order to receive points, do you have to pay thr balance, or do you get points once a month? Just curious, I guess I could read the fine print but figured you all would know without me having to get out my reading glasses ;) Thanks

Hi. I just received my Disney Visa. In order to receive points, do you have to pay thr balance, or do you get points once a month? Just curious, I guess I could read the fine print but figured you all would know without me having to get out my reading glasses ;) Thanks

The rewards go into your account at the end of your monthly billing cycle when your statement is prepared. You do not have to pay off your balance to get the rewards.

Thanks. When I am ready to use my points, do I request a special card?
I need to change my tickers:dance3:

Yes you get a special card that looks like a credit card. Be sure to order it in enough time. It also has an expiration date on it. If you don't use all the points you transfer to the card before it expires they are lost. Moral of the story is only transfer the points you want to use WHEN you want to use them.

Yes you get a special card that looks like a credit card. Be sure to order it in enough time. It also has an expiration date on it. If you don't use all the points you transfer to the card before it expires they are lost. Moral of the story is only transfer the points you want to use WHEN you want to use them.

How long does it take to get after requesting it? Thanksm for answering my questions:flower3:

That's a good question, I am surprised to hear you don't have these informations already, I mean someone should have told you that.

How long does it take to get after requesting it? Thanksm for answering my questions:flower3:

I can't remember exactly. I want to say it was pretty quickly. Less than 2 weeks? That said, if you are going to WDW in the next few months I would just go ahead and order it now. I think the card was good for well over a year, maybe even 2 though I can't remember for sure. Mine is going to expire in December and I got it ages ago.

lurking here:lmao: We just got our cards in July and i really wasn't sure as to how this all works but now reading the posts I think I have a better idea. Thanks :thumbsup2

We ordered our Disney Rewards card couple months before our trip and it came pretty quickly - within 10 days. If you are going really soon, and don't think that the card will get to you on time, I believe there is a guest center in downtown disney that you can go to where you can get your reward card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter