Disney Visa Rewards Redemption LIst

John E.

October's trip can't come fast enough!
Hi all, and thanks as always. I know there is a listing of places you can redeem your Disney Visa Reward Dollars here https://disneyrewards.com/where-to-redeem/, but its a bit awkward to navigate section by section and it doesn't mention the few places you cannot use it. Do our experts here know of a reliable listing I can print and carry with me? Ideally it would also note the places you cannot use them, but if not that's ok.

Since this list is from the official Chase website, I'd say it's the most reliable listing. I don't think you'll find a list that says "cannot use here..." -- or at least if someone compiled such a list it might not be completely up-to-date since it's not from Chase. As a general rule of thumb, I believe the Rewards Redemption Cards are accepted anywhere on property owned by Disney and accepting credit cards (it's processed as a credit card). There may be some non-Disney-owned locations in World Showcase that won't accept it, and some places at DTD.

Enjoy your vacation!

Look at it this way. Assuming you are staying on site you just apply the rewards to room bill and charge everything on the Magic Band. It's far simpler. We did this in 2012 charging to the room using the the room key (or was it the ticket?). We handed the rewards card to the person checking us in told them to apply the balance to the room. What we did not spend in the parks got used up by the cost of the room. We ended up owing a balance when we checked out.

We used our rewards last trip for the first time. I don't know of a list either. I can tell you we used them at lots of CS restaurants and stores around all the parks. I would agree with lanejudy's post.

I conquer with "lanejudy." I've used Disney Chase reward points on every trip for as long as I can remember and they pretty much accept them anywhere on Disney property. Funny how I just ordered my redemption card a few minutes ago for our August trip. I LOVE doing it because I know my trip is near. FYI - I always print out the list from the Chase website because I forget where we get discounts. My favorite restaurant [Boma] is like 10% off when using the Visa or redemption card. Good luck!

Look at it this way. Assuming you are staying on site you just apply the rewards to room bill and charge everything on the Magic Band. It's far simpler. We did this in 2012 charging to the room using the the room key (or was it the ticket?). We handed the rewards card to the person checking us in told them to apply the balance to the room. What we did not spend in the parks got used up by the cost of the room. We ended up owing a balance when we checked out.

If you do this, you might be missing out on discounts. My understanding is that the locations (restaurants, gift shops, etc) that offer discounts for card holders require you to pay with or at least present the card, not your magic band.

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

If you do this, you might be missing out on discounts. My understanding is that the locations (restaurants, gift shops, etc) that offer discounts for card holders require you to pay with or at least present the card, not your magic band.

https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

Correct. But I thought the OP was talking about which places accept rewards dollars and not getting discounts. How one gets the discounts is different and a bit more complicated. One has to ask as they won't prompt you for the card.

Correct. But I thought the OP was talking about which places accept rewards dollars and not getting discounts. How one gets the discounts is different and a bit more complicated. One has to ask as they won't prompt you for the card.

Good point and it wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. However, the discounts can be significant if used properly. If not taking advantage of the discounts, then your suggestion of applying rewards dollars to settle the room charges is an excellent tip!

I had totally forgotten about the discount during the beginning of our trip. One time a CM asked if I was an AP holder or had any discounts when I remembered the card. From then on I got smart and when my children wanted to use their money for something I would take their cash and use my card so they could get the % off. I am soo thankful for that CM!

Good point and it wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. However, the discounts can be significant if used properly. If not taking advantage of the discounts, then your suggestion of applying rewards dollars to settle the room charges is an excellent tip!

No problem. We forget to present it for discounts half the time. So I'm happy for the reminder.

I don't see why you need a list? We use our redemption 1) for food and snacks and beverages (anything at disney) 2) for shopping if we want (but we usually buy food and beverages) and 3) before we lived here, we would use them to redeem towards our Disney cruise.

Basically if you buy it from Disney, you can use it. And online. Why is a list needed?

(Now, a much more difficult list is whether the restaurant gives you a discount, that is much harder.)

Perhaps that was my confusion. I have heard that there are exceptions - but maybe its not exceptions to which places will accept them, rather who will offer the discount? I have heard that "non' Disney owned" locations do not accept it - but maybe I have confused not "accepting" the dream dollars with those who will not offer the discount?

Holy heck batman . . .. I've gone to Disney World like 7 times with that card, and NEVER used it for discounts . . . I think I deserve the ding dong of the year award!

I think the thread has gotten a little confused . . . . to be clear, you get the discounts when you sue the Disney VISA Card - not when you use the Disney Reward Redemption Card, right?

I was asking about places you can use the Redemption card (aka Dream Dollars) not the Disney Visa card. Yes, I know the Visa card works like any credit card. I was asking about places that do and do not accept the redemption card. As I understand it, non-Disney owned places may or may not accept it as payment. The discounts are only associated with the Disney VISA card.

Thoughts?

That's correct. To get the discount you HAVE to use the Disney Visa card, not the the card with your rewards on it. Just showing your Visa card will not get you the discount.

I got the discount with my Redemption card as long as I had enough on the redemption card for the entire purchase.

And the only place you can USE redemption rewards IS Disney. So, what is your concern? Like does House of Blues count? I have never had a problem using my redemption card anywhere on property to my knowledge...

Good to know. I had heard that you might not be able to use the Redemption card at Jellyrolls (on the Boardwalk) or Raglan Road (DTD)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter