Disney Visa Rewards - annual dues

castleri

DIS Veteran
Can you use Disney Visa Rewards to pay annual dues? I tried a search on this with no results.
TIA

From what I have read on these boards...yes- if you do the one time payment of dues. There is an option to pay them over a couple of months, but this can only be done out of a checking account.

If you want to use the reward dollars earned from your Disney Visa, you first need to transfer them to a rewards card. You would then use the rewards card to make a payment towards your dues.

Rather than the Disney Visa, I purchased Disney gift cards from a local supermarket that gives "fuel percks" for buying gift cards. I purchased $850 in gift cards and received 3.40 off per gallon of gas. I was able to fill our car and 3 5 gallon tanks, and saved over 100 off on gas.

by the way, I bought the gift cards with my disney visa, so I still received 8.50 in Disney points!

Hope you have a store that does this type of thing!

I am a new DVC owner. Paid my first annual dues today. I didn't use my Disney rewards card but another. When using the credit card I had to pay to dues in full. No partial payments.

I should have phrased my question better. I know I can use the Visa card but can I use the rewards I have accumulated with it to pay them.

I should have phrased my question better. I know I can use the Visa card but can I use the rewards I have accumulated with it to pay them.
If you want to use the reward dollars earned from your Disney Visa, you first need to transfer them to a rewards card. You would then use the rewards card to make a payment towards your dues.

Great - thanks. I didn't get the reward card and use it on our last trip so was hoping I could use it to pay some of my dues.

I am a new DVC owner. Paid my first annual dues today. I didn't use my Disney rewards card but another. When using the credit card I had to pay to dues in full. No partial payments.

That is correct, monthly payments can only be made via a bank account.

This is the only reason I have the Disney rewards card, so I can pay my dues partially with the rewards. This year I got some triple rewards, so I am paying a god portion of my dues with rewards money.

We have used our card in the past to pay the dues. Never thought to buy gift cards or use the reward dollars to pay the dues. Something to think about!

Rather than the Disney Visa, I purchased Disney gift cards from a local supermarket that gives "fuel percks" for buying gift cards. I purchased $850 in gift cards and received 3.40 off per gallon of gas. I was able to fill our car and 3 5 gallon tanks, and saved over 100 off on gas.

by the way, I bought the gift cards with my disney visa, so I still received 8.50 in Disney points!

12-26-2011 07:25 PM

Thanks! I'm going to do this!!:thumbsup2 I owe $1,200 in dues - I hope my grocery store has enough gift cards :rotfl:

Brilliant ideas about fuel perks! I bought gas cards ... But never thought about Disney. Will look out for it next year.

Thanks! I'm going to do this!!:thumbsup2 I owe $1,200 in dues - I hope my grocery store has enough gift cards :rotfl:

We are going to do this. I know our grocery store has the kind where you pick the amount up to $1000. You have to call MS to use the gift card right?

Yes you can , I have this for both years that I have owned and it works great ,you get points back that turn into dollars as well . They are not much but it is something .

Just got my rewards card in the mail! I'm looking forward to using it tomorrow when I call to pay my dues! :cool1: This will really help the budget this year. Usually I use our rewards for our trips, but since I bought WDW and DL tickets this year with my Disney Visa, I guess I did. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter