Disney Visa Reward Questions

magicalfoursome

DIS Veteran
I have Disney Visa reward money I plan to spend on dining. Can I use it for the tip also? Should I use the reward card at the restaurant or charge the cost back to my room and pay it off with reward card before check out? Is there a difference? Thank you!

I have Disney Visa reward money I plan to spend on dining. Can I use it for the tip also? Should I use the reward card at the restaurant or charge the cost back to my room and pay it off with reward card before check out? Is there a difference? Thank you!
Yes, you can tip on the card (obviously only up to the balance on the card, but you can also split payment between a Redemption Card and another card if need be). But, I would pay for the restaurant directly with the Redemption Card rather than charging to your room because many of the restaurants give a 10% discount for using a Disney Visa or Disney Visa Redemption Card. You will not get the discount if you charge to your room and pay it off before check out.

(Check the list for restaurants offering discounts though. They change sometimes.)

I want to make a partial payment on my hotel reservation using my Disney Reward Redemption card. How do I do that? I wanted to apply it BEFORE we go next month.
Do I have to wait and do it at Guest Services?
Thank you!

I want to make a partial payment on my hotel reservation using my Disney Reward Redemption card. How do I do that? I wanted to apply it BEFORE we go next month.
Do I have to wait and do it at Guest Services?
Thank you!
I don't think you have to wait. Can you make payment toward your reservation through your Disney account? I'd expect that the Redemption Card would be listed as a payment option. If not, I'd call and pay over the phone (just tell them how much to apply to the card).

I don't think you have to wait. Can you make payment toward your reservation through your Disney account? I'd expect that the Redemption Card would be listed as a payment option. If not, I'd call and pay over the phone (just tell them how much to apply to the card).
I tried to edit my reservation online to make a payment but without actually making a "change" to my reservation, I couldn't "check out".

I know my last resort is to call. Thanks for your response.

I tried to edit my reservation online to make a payment but without actually making a "change" to my reservation, I couldn't "check out".

I know my last resort is to call. Thanks for your response.
I would just call. I called twice this week to pay down with gift cards and the wait was less than 3 minutes.

I would just call. I called twice this week to pay down with gift cards and the wait was less than 3 minutes.
Thank you! I already did and was pleasantly surprised that I too had only a 3-minute wait. The CM was pleasant, and the transaction was a breeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter