• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Visa Question

a_sailor's_wife

DIS Veteran
Today I received the $200 offer for the Disney Visa. I've been putting it off, but now I am rethinking the offer. However, I do not totally understand how to redeem the points. We are leaving for Disney on November 19th. If I were to sign up for the card today online, I'd receive it probably in about 2 weeks. Once I use the card then the $200 will be credited to my rewards card. Now, what do I do from here to redeem the points in time for our trip? Will I be able to redeem the points in time for our trip? Will I need to wait for the card to be sent via USPS or can I redeem it at the Parks? Help, please! I think I need a little bit of the step by step directions for this. Thanks for the help!

Today I received the $200 offer for the Disney Visa. I've been putting it off, but now I am rethinking the offer. However, I do not totally understand how to redeem the points. We are leaving for Disney on November 19th. If I were to sign up for the card today online, I'd receive it probably in about 2 weeks. Once I use the card then the $200 will be credited to my rewards card. Now, what do I do from here to redeem the points in time for our trip? Will I be able to redeem the points in time for our trip? Will I need to wait for the card to be sent via USPS or can I redeem it at the Parks? Help, please! I think I need a little bit of the step by step directions for this. Thanks for the help!

wait is 200 dollars meaning they will take 200 dollars of your account or is they giving you 200 points. because i got the card with 25 so they took 25 off my bill. so if it disney rewards point you can get the card by mail express for 10 or standard. or you can wait till you get down to disney and go to dtd they have a booth across from the world of disney that they can give you a card there.

wait is 200 dollars meaning they will take 200 dollars of your account or is they giving you 200 points. because i got the card with 25 so they took 25 off my bill. so if it disney rewards point you can get the card by mail express for 10 or standard. or you can wait till you get down to disney and go to dtd they have a booth across from the world of disney that they can give you a card there.

200 points

200 points

okay then you have to wait till the send you the bill that when they will post the pionts. and then you can order the card it my take 10-14 day to get the card or express for 10 and you get it 3-5 days. if you dont think it get there before your trip then wait till you get to disney and go to dtd and go to the disney visa booth and they will issue you your rewards card there.

However, I do not totally understand how to redeem the points. We are leaving for Disney on November 19th. If I were to sign up for the card today online, I'd receive it probably in about 2 weeks. Once I use the card then the $200 will be credited to my rewards card. Now, what do I do from here to redeem the points in time for our trip?
You should be fine time-wise. We left June 24 for our trip and i ordered mine the first week of June and had it in plenty of time. If you sign up tomorrow and it takes 2 weeks to get it, you are still in August. You don't need to call to redeem your points until mid to late October. Enjoy the "free" money!

okay then you have to wait till the send you the bill that when they will post the pionts. and then you can order the card it my take 10-14 day to get the card or express for 10 and you get it 3-5 days. if you dont think it get there before your trip then wait till you get to disney and go to dtd and go to the disney visa booth and they will issue you your rewards card there.

I'm just wondering how long the whole process should take. Will take 6 weeks or more to post the points to my account? Will I have to order a Rewards card or can I just pick that up at DTD? I'm just really confused on the process.

You should be fine time-wise. We left June 24 for our trip and i ordered mine the first week of June and had it in plenty of time. If you sign up tomorrow and it takes 2 weeks to get it, you are still in August. You don't need to call to redeem your points until mid to late October. Enjoy the "free" money!

Okay, this is what I needed to know. So basically the steps are: 1) sign up with Disney Visa, 2) make a purchase, and 3) wait for the points to show after a billing cycle, and 4) redeem points in October. Does that sound right?

Okay, this is what I needed to know. So basically the steps are: 1) sign up with Disney Visa, 2) make a purchase, and 3) wait for the points to show after a billing cycle, and 4) redeem points in October. Does that sound right?

yes that is right but you dont have to wait once they post the point then you can order the card. the card will expire in a year so you have time. and then if you get more piont then you can transfer them to that same card at home on the computer or when your in disney at dtd. just be careful with the card if you lose it or it expires you will lose the pionts they will not put the piont back on your card.

You have 3 1/2 months, so just apply tomorrow, your card will come in 10ish days, you will charge something (make certain you make their minimum charge, if there is one), get a bill (which should have the bonus points attached), then pay the bill.... Even if it takes 2 cycles you should be fine. I always wait until I get down to WDW to pick up a card since you can only have 2 out at a time... then there is an 800# to call, and with your Disney credit card in hand, you can transfer disney dollars!!
Have a great trip!! :goodvibes

Someone already answered, but yes :)

FYI for future reference. You can accumulate points for 5 years before they expire (without redeeming them) and once you redeem them you have 1 year to spend them before they expire. Also, as previously stated DO NOT lose the card!!!!It's like a paper dollar, if you lose it, you lose it and whoever finds it can spend it. They do not check signatures or ID, neither do they replace it.

It was fun watching my points rack up every month before our trip. Each statement that came my DH would ask "How many points did we get this month?". :woohoo:

I'm confused myself about redeeming the points. How do you use the points that you've built up... I mean, how do you turn them into Disney Dollars for use at the parks?

you use the card just like a credit card in disney -- they swipe the card and deduct the "points" (which actually turns into dollars..) so if you have 50 points and buy a 25 dollar shirt they will swipe the card and give it back to you with a remaining 25 point (dollar) value left on it. Keep the card even when you get to zero as when you acumulate more points you can transfer your point balance to it.

I'm confused myself about redeeming the points. How do you use the points that you've built up
On your statement there is a phone # to call (or you can go to the website) and you just tell them that you want to redeem your points, they will ask how many of them you want put on the redemption card (you must have at least $20 but you can put all you have on it as well) and then they will mail it to you. It looks like a credit card, but oh so much more magical! Red & blue with Mickey's arm and a sparkly wand! Sadly mine is empty now :sad1: but I'm working hard to build up more points before my next trip!

Your scenario is correct for normal accumulation of points. But I had this offer previously and used it. If it works now as it did two years ago, this promotion works differently.

I used the card once. I didn't have to wait for the billing cycle to end. About a week after my first purchase, well before the end of the billing cycle, I received a gift card for $200. I didn't have to call, I didn't have to download, nothing. It just came in the mail.

On your statement there is a phone # to call (or you can go to the website) and you just tell them that you want to redeem your points, they will ask how many of them you want put on the redemption card (you must have at least $20 but you can put all you have on it as well) and then they will mail it to you. It looks like a credit card, but oh so much more magical! Red & blue with Mickey's arm and a sparkly wand! Sadly mine is empty now :sad1: but I'm working hard to build up more points before my next trip!

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know! Any idea how long it takes to get the card in the mail? We're charging our entire vacation in a couple of days but we're leaving at the end of September, want to make sure to have it on time!!

Usually the initiall offer comes as a Disney Gift Card, not Rewards Points.

* Points are credited to your account at the time your statement cycles.
* You can order a Reward Card by calling the number on your statement or at Chase Online.
* If you manage your account through Chase Online Banking, you can transfer your points to your Reward Card at anytime. The transfer takes one day to process.
* If you get to Disney and realize you forgot your Rewards Card, you can go to Guest Relations at the parks and they can issue you a new card. You will then need to call Disney Rewards Visa to have them transfer your points to the new card. (I've had to do this...)
* You can use the Rewards Card just like a credit card almost anywhere at WDW or The Disney Store.

I usually charge everything to my room then the night BEFORE check-out go to the front desk and use my Rewards Card to partially pay for my trip expenses.

Your scenario is correct for normal accumulation of points. But I had this offer previously and used it. If it works now as it did two years ago, this promotion works differently.

I used the card once. I didn't have to wait for the billing cycle to end. About a week after my first purchase, well before the end of the billing cycle, I received a gift card for $200. I didn't have to call, I didn't have to download, nothing. It just came in the mail.

I better go back and reread. I could most certainly be misunderstanding and it is actually a gift card. Thank you for pointing that out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter